How to set a custom ringtone?

Search This thread

cosurgi

Apr 27, 2014
Hi,

I have just received omate 8GB/1GB in Europe 2100. I have just flashed it with firmware TEST_RELEASE_Omate_2100_TrueSmart_20140314.zip (using that great tutorial video in top stickied post). It seems to work. But it is the first time that I am using android device. My previous phone is nokia 3120c, and I have sent from it (via bluetooth) my previous ringtone to Omate, then using file manager in Omate I have copied this file to directory Phone storage/Ringtones/myringtone.mp3 When I tap it, it plays correctly.

The problem is that I have no idea how to use this ringtone. When go to settings->DEVICE->Audio profiles->General->voice call rongtone I cannot find how to add my file to the list and use it.

can you help me?

haythams

May 13, 2006
Hi,

I have just received omate 8GB/1GB in Europe 2100. I have just flashed it with firmware TEST_RELEASE_Omate_2100_TrueSmart_20140314.zip (using that great tutorial video in top stickied post). It seems to work. But it is the first time that I am using android device. My previous phone is nokia 3120c, and I have sent from it (via bluetooth) my previous ringtone to Omate, then using file manager in Omate I have copied this file to directory Phone storage/Ringtones/myringtone.mp3 When I tap it, it plays correctly.

The problem is that I have no idea how to use this ringtone. When go to settings->DEVICE->Audio profiles->General->voice call rongtone I cannot find how to add my file to the list and use it.

can you help me?

EaSly yOu can play your file from the music player then you will have the option to set as a ringtone

cosurgi

Apr 27, 2014
EaSly yOu can play your file from the music player then you will have the option to set as a ringtone

Thanks, would have never find thins. Previously I was playing this file from the file manager. Now i went into the music player (a music note on red background) and inside I found an icon to set the mp3 as a ringtone. In fact I tapped it twice, and now there are two copies of it inside DEVICE-> audio profiles. So it works now, thanks :)