Wifi Stuck on "wifi turning on"

Search This thread

karlada

Aug 14, 2012
Beirut
Hello guys,
I flashed purity rom, used wifi to download some apps. After a while, i turned wifi off then on, and it was stuck at "turning WiFi on"... cant turn back off nor on. Reverted to stock rom... still same issue... what can i do now? is it a hardware problem ? or is there a fix or something... help please !!!

Hello guys,
I flashed purity rom, used wifi to download some apps. After a while, i turned wifi off then on, and it was stuck at "turning WiFi on"... cant turn back off nor on. Reverted to stock rom... still same issue... what can i do now? is it a hardware problem ? or is there a fix or something... help please !!!

Any problem with WiFi is a kernel related issue...the WiFi files are in the kernel...so I would flash back to stock cause it seems like a file got screwed up somewhere

Reactions: monty6630

monty6630

Nov 24, 2010
Islamabad
Hello guys,

Hey all,
After more than a week with NO WIFI, i have finally figured it out.
Here are the detailed.
ISSUE: After OTA update of 4.4.3 on new nexus 5, the phone was rebooted automatically and after reboot WIFI button was greyed out. It only showed "TURNING ON".
FAILED SOLUTION ATTEMPTS: Following step DID NOT HELP
1. Factory reset
2. Battery drain and recharge after full drain
3. Power off for few hours and restart
4. Whacking the set on palm (yes, whacking, it was a recommended solution on a thread)
5. Opened the handset and checked all the hardware link, every thing was fine
6. Bootloader unlock, recovery installation (TWRP), downgrade to 4.4.2 (downloaded from google's web page)
7. Downgrade to 4.4
8. OTA update from down graded firmware
9. Sideloading the 4.4.3 update on firmware 4.4.2
10. Rooting, and installation of custom ROM (slimKat, Cynaogen mod)
11. Installation of custom kernel (linaro)
12. Flashing of 4.4.2 & 4.4 Radio/Boot images on stock rom of 4.4.3
13. Clean install of 4.4.3 (removing everything from phone except recovery)
14. *#*#4636#*#*, goto wifi and restart.
15. *#*#4636#*#*, wifi state shown "UN-INITIALIZED"

Actual Solution that worked
***** Install Paranoid Android ROM on rooted Nexus 5. The issue is with Kernel , which control the HW/OS communication. Apparently Kernel of this ROM removed the issue (but installation of SlimKat/CyanogenMod/Custom Kernel).
I then restored the backup of stock 4.4.3 from recovery and did a factory reset. Wifi & every thing else works fine now *****

Bm13084

Dec 14, 2010
Hey all,
After more than a week with NO WIFI, i have finally figured it out.
Here are the detailed.
ISSUE: After OTA update of 4.4.3 on new nexus 5, the phone was rebooted automatically and after reboot WIFI button was greyed out. It only showed "TURNING ON".
FAILED SOLUTION ATTEMPTS: Following step DID NOT HELP
1. Factory reset
2. Battery drain and recharge after full drain
3. Power off for few hours and restart
4. Whacking the set on palm (yes, whacking, it was a recommended solution on a thread)
5. Opened the handset and checked all the hardware link, every thing was fine
6. Bootloader unlock, recovery installation (TWRP), downgrade to 4.4.2 (downloaded from google's web page)
7. Downgrade to 4.4
8. OTA update from down graded firmware
9. Sideloading the 4.4.3 update on firmware 4.4.2
10. Rooting, and installation of custom ROM (slimKat, Cynaogen mod)
11. Installation of custom kernel (linaro)
12. Flashing of 4.4.2 & 4.4 Radio/Boot images on stock rom of 4.4.3
13. Clean install of 4.4.3 (removing everything from phone except recovery)
14. *#*#4636#*#*, goto wifi and restart.
15. *#*#4636#*#*, wifi state shown "UN-INITIALIZED"

Actual Solution that worked
***** Install Paranoid Android ROM on rooted Nexus 5. The issue is with Kernel , which control the HW/OS communication. Apparently Kernel of this ROM removed the issue (but installation of SlimKat/CyanogenMod/Custom Kernel).
I then restored the backup of stock 4.4.3 from recovery and did a factory reset. Wifi & every thing else works fine now *****

Tried all of those things, including the paranoid android part. No dice... Any other suggestions?

bobchadwick

Oct 20, 2009
Tried all of those things, including the paranoid android part. No dice... Any other suggestions?

I've had this issue since yesterday on stock 4.4.4. A search of the Google support forums or Twitter will show posts from people having the same issue, all from the last few days. I've done a wipe and flashed the factory image and neither fixed it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,

Any problem with WiFi is a kernel related issue...the WiFi files are in the kernel...so I would flash back to stock cause it seems like a file got screwed up somewhere