[SOLVED] Skype VERY LOUD speaker volume during call on XXUGNE5

Search This thread

mirroalex

Aug 14, 2009
Problem has been solved in newer firmware for i9505 --> XXUGNF1, if you have this problem just update your rom to this base.

Hi, first i want to provide my phones's information:

DeviceMaker : Samsung
Device Name : Galaxy S4
Device Model : i9505
Android OS version : KitKat 4.4.2 Build XXUGNE5
Network : WiFi
Skype client version installed : v4.0.0.19550 till v4.9

1. Brief description of bad behavior. 2. Steps to repeat bad behavior.

When making a call i have no problem with earphone and i can easily adjust the volume, however problem arises when i switch it to speaker, the volume is too loud that distorted and my volume level is on minimal so if i volume it up it will be louder actually i didn't go for maximum volume because i'm sure that it would going to destroy my phone's speaker.

Point - 1: I don't use any MOD for sound or any app that can modify or interfer with skype's or roms sound system.

Point - 2: It's not just me that have the same problem on XXUGNE5 build, I confirmed it in XDA forum.
Point - 3: Older rom builds for example XXUFNB8 which is 4.4.2 too, works correctly and no problems there.

Point - 4: Skype v3.2 doesn't have this problem with this build (XXUGNE5)

Not Professional conclusion of mine is that something has been changed regarding sound handling from v4.0.0.19550 and of course something specific changed in new 4.4.2 build of s4 i9505 XXUGNE5 that conflicts with skype changes or viseversa :bigsmile:

Hope to see solution soon.

Thank you All

As i get more confirmation about this problem in different threads that using XXUGNE5 base for their roms i make a thread with above message in skyope-android community http://community.skype.com/t5/Android/Skype-VERY-LOUD-speaker-volume-during-call/m-p/3178112 hope we will get some solution or new update from skype soon, till then i hope some of you would come up with ideas!

Thank you to all XDA

P.S i don't know how to make good tags for this thread can you help me with that? so other ppl searching for this problem find it easily...

Last edited:

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
As i get more confirmation about this problem in different threads that using XXUGNE5 base for their roms i make a thread with above message in skyope-android community http://community.skype.com/t5/Android/Skype-VERY-LOUD-speaker-volume-during-call/m-p/3178112 hope we will get some solution or new update from skype soon, till then i hope some of you would come up with ideas!

Thank you to all XDA

P.S i don't know how to make good tags for this thread can you help me with that? so other ppl searching for this problem find it easily...

Running GoldenEye v32 (XXUGNE5), I haven't tried Skype yet, but I do think the overall volume is loader than previously. I haven't added any volume mods and I dont think its tweaked by the dev, but ringtones/notifications and music definitely seem a bit louder/clearer than before.

mirroalex

Aug 14, 2009
Running GoldenEye v32 (XXUGNE5), I haven't tried Skype yet, but I do think the overall volume is loader than previously. I haven't added any volume mods and I dont think its tweaked by the dev, but ringtones/notifications and music definitely seem a bit louder/clearer than before.

You should try skype using speaker and you will understand what kind of loud volume you have, it is not loud it is sometimes unrecognizable because of distortion.

taqishah

Sep 15, 2013
galaxy s4 skype volume too loud on loudspeaker

im facing the same problem. when I turn on the loudspeaker or video the volume blasts out!! volume control has no effect.

Reactions: mirroalex

mirroalex

Aug 14, 2009
Problem has been solved in newer firmware for i9505 --> XXUGNF1, if you have this problem just update your rom to this base.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    galaxy s4 skype volume too loud on loudspeaker

im facing the same problem. when I turn on the loudspeaker or video the volume blasts out!! volume control has no effect.