Battery Stats Thread

Search This thread

v0 HaVoK 0v

Apr 10, 2011
Newtowncunningham
Well, I'm one of them, 3hrs2mins.
Actually most of us here can't believe your stats. 6hrs screen time and %48? That would make almost 10hrs screen time.
No sync, no mail or social media apps, constant 2G? I still cannot understand how this can happen.

My phone is strange, I noticed that after updating to 4.0.4 and sense to 4.1, that my phone is a lot slower. Everything sense related got a lot slower after updating from 4.0, so that's really annoying, I don't know why, everyone says the update made there's a lot faster. I still sync my mail app manually quite a bit in a day. I don't like auto sync syncing apps I don't need so much so I switched it off. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I also switched NFC off.

crislevin

Sep 19, 2012
My phone right know is at 48% and screen time on is 6hrs 10mins right now. I use it every so often for web browsing, some minecraft pocket edition :p and things like this on xda and a few calls. I keep my brightness at auto. I wouldn't really call my use heavy but I still can't believe others die after 4hrs screen time. Will post my stats as soon as phone is almost dead.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

you can post the screenshot at 10%, no need to be completely dead.

v0 HaVoK 0v

Apr 10, 2011
Newtowncunningham
Ok, here is the results. Would have been better if I didn't have to let it sleep overnight, also I don't know why minecraft or internet never showed up on the list. I played minecraft a lot more than Fruit ninja yet it didn't show and fruit ninja did.

20121001113408.png
20121001113358.png
20121001113415.png

Last edited:

Focuz

Jun 17, 2012
Not really the best, but 3 hours screentime is pretty decent. Auto-brightness, WiFi on, some 3g, gaming and some video, music social apps etc..

All stock 2.17 now, but will probably try ARHD and maybe another kernel when I bother to root my HOX :)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349128226669.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349128226669.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 146
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349128238246.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349128238246.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 132
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349128247862.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349128247862.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 136

crislevin

Sep 19, 2012
Ok, here is the results. Would have been better if I didn't have to let it sleep overnight, also I don't know why minecraft or internet never showed up on the list. I played minecraft a lot more than Fruit ninja yet it didn't show and fruit ninja did.

impressive.

By the looking, your wifi wasn't on for much time. What do you usually use it for when screen is on?

You mentioned auto-brightness, would you say, on average, the auto-brightness gives you a 20%, 50% or 80% brightness?

v0 HaVoK 0v

Apr 10, 2011
Newtowncunningham
impressive.

By the looking, your wifi wasn't on for much time. What do you usually use it for when screen is on?

You mentioned auto-brightness, would you say, on average, the auto-brightness gives you a 20%, 50% or 80% brightness?
On that day It was mainly around 50%, there were some 20%, and barely any 80%.
Hmmm, WiFi, I alway make sure to switch it off as soon as possible after browsing. On that day I was mainly reading books. Maybe a bit of music here and there. I did do quite a bit of minecraft, although minecraft seems to do little to my battery.
I hate the way the phone % doesn't go down when in standby but when you use it after a while of standby the battery drops really fast.
Also, my battery didn't always do this good, what I done was when he phone drops to around 20% switch it off and charge it, only switch it on way the light turns green. I done that 5 times in a row over and over, then after the 5th time switch it on and remove the charger and hold the power for 10 seconds. That's what I done, and I noticed a difference after, it seems also sometimes removing and putting the phone on the charge to much while on makes it start reading battery % wrong, and sometimes charges to fast to 100, but seems like its a weaker charge.

Last edited:

crislevin

Sep 19, 2012
On that day It was mainly around 50%, there were some 20%, and barely any 80%.
Hmmm, WiFi, I alway make sure to switch it off as soon as possible after browsing. On that day I was mainly reading books. Maybe a bit of music here and there. I did do quite a bit of minecraft, although minecraft seems to do little to my battery.
I hate the way the phone % doesn't go down when in standby but when you use it after a while of standby the battery drops really fast.
Also, my battery didn't always do this good, what I done was when he phone drops to around 20% switch it off and charge it, only switch it on way the light turns green. I done that 5 times in a row over and over, then after the 5th time switch it on and remove the charger and hold the power for 10 seconds. That's what I done, and I noticed a difference after, it seems also sometimes removing and putting the phone on the charge to much while on makes it start reading battery % wrong, and sometimes charges to fast to 100, but seems like its a weaker charge.

I see, thanks! Its good to know the potentials if we are careful about how to use it effectively, and of course thanks for the charging tips. It is indeed stated by batteryuniversity.com that charging while off is the best way to go.

My "current widget" suggested that at 50%, with screen on but not much activity, the battery drain is about 150-250mA. Therefore a 1800mAH battery can theoretically last 7-12 hrs (idle).

I do have that "0% battery drain in standby" situation, I am on the same charge almost three days now, it doesn't drop at all overnight for 10 hours, then when I used it in the morning, it dropped 3% in first 3 minutes, then stabilize. It isn't that bad.

shadehh

Mar 27, 2011
I'm at 33%, at around 14 hours of phone being switched on with 2 hours 40 minutes screen on time. Mainly between 15~20% brightness all day.

40 minutes of listening to music and probably 1 and a half if hour if not 2 hours of browsing - a mixture of XDA app and chrome.

I've noticed an exceptionally good battery life the past two days. What i also noticed though, is that the past 2 days i never made any phone calls.

Usually i'd have 30~40 minutes of phone calls a day and that would use up as much energy as the screen being on in 1 hour 30 minutes (at least from what i've observed when it came to battery usage).

crislevin

Sep 19, 2012
here is my latest run

Attachments

• 2012-10-01_20-55-43.png
    2012-10-01_20-55-43.png
    160.8 KB · Views: 310
  • 2012-10-01_20-55-51.png
    2012-10-01_20-55-51.png
    117.7 KB · Views: 324
  • 2012-10-01_20-55-58.png
    2012-10-01_20-55-58.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 284
  • 2012-10-01_20-56-04.png
    2012-10-01_20-56-04.png
    102 KB · Views: 264

neuTrue

Oct 31, 2011
OMG! =) whats ur secret. i were happy last day when i got 23h standby / 3h screen

That guy didn't have his wifi/internet on all the time. Also, he is using his phone more efficiently. Which I mean that he doesn't turn on, things he doesn't need or use.

I can easily achieve 4+ hours screen time ,and so you could too.

Here are couple of guide lines you can follow:

1- Switch to 2g only.
2- Turn off NFC.
3- Don't use auto-brightness and keep your brightness low (I'v set a widget with following settings: 0,auto,20).
4- Disable all application you don't need (Facebook, Twitter, EA Games app,...)
5- Reduce sync interval (or better you do it manually).
6- In temperature widget remove all the cities you don't need or care about (one is more than enough!).
7- Repeat step 6 for clock as well.
8- Don't use applications that consume too much CPU power.
-a: Replace your browser and use Opera mini for reading.
-b: As rule of thump if your phone gets hot/warm in certain app then you are wasting your battery on that app.
9-Turn off anything that vibrate: Touching capacitive keys, keyboard,etc...
10- repeat step 9 on sound.
11- Use your wifi only when you need it.
12- Disable your GPS, unless you are using it.
13- Turn of the setting which flips your phone screen (uses accelerometer).

These are currently what I remember that I applied on my phone.

I can tell you my last run, was 3 hours and approximately 15 minutes of screen time while having my phone running for 17 hours. Most of battery wasted on an online game called "Indestructible" (1hour and 20 mins).

I hope you get similar results as well.

Good Luck :)

crislevin

Sep 19, 2012
OMG! =) whats ur secret. i were happy last day when i got 23h standby / 3h screen

well, 3hr screen on is about what I got too. There are guys getting 9 hr screen on (doing lighter stuff).

The things I know for sure is that I have no background sync and no mobile data (I am on t-mobile in US, it really doesn't do data at all anyway), i also manually turn on/off wifi. I do, however, keep my screen brightness at ~50%, I tried 20%, i think that does save more battery, but low brightness doesn't do justice for such a beautiful screen.

I do also use firefox, i am not sure how its battery consumption compares with others, but its not likely better than opera mini.

In this 3-day run and in most cases, there was no battery drain in standby, sometimes, however, it loses battery at 3%/hr even in standby in airplane mode. I don't own the phone long enough to figure out the reason for this. So far, it seems the quick battery drain in airplane mode may be related to traveling to a different area, or taking a flight, or battery still being calibrated.

Last edited:

v0 HaVoK 0v

Apr 10, 2011
Newtowncunningham
I do have that "0% battery drain in standby" situation, I am on the same charge almost three days now, it doesn't drop at all overnight for 10 hours, then when I used it in the morning, it dropped 3% in first 3 minutes, then stabilize. It isn't that bad.

When I use mine after a long sleep, it drains down about 30% before finally stabilizing. The one x is strange, it almost seems as if no 2 One X are the same.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Baldilocks

May 31, 2010
Dover, DE
Yeah, anything over 5.5 hours and something is fishy. I could probably leave screen on, on a black background and the screen on time would be 10+ hours. But, that is cheating. I'd say realistically, without cheating, 2.5-5.5 hours is normal for the One X.

I call B.S. on anything else... :)

Reactions: xbiggyl

Mannfred

Jan 25, 2010
Hey guys! :)

I really need your advice. The battery life of my phone has decreased enormously! Standyby doesn't even last one day. Today I tested it and therefore used the phone very little.
After 12h 11m 35s only 4% of the battery were left. Although I the screen was on for only 33m 3s it used 44%. I called for 7m 47s and it took an amount of 17% of battery drain. Standyby used 16% and inactivity 14%. Do you think the battery is damaged?
I think of sending it in to the customer service. Do you think they will change the battery?

I use the stock rom with the latest firmware and I have also performed a reset. Autoscync every 30 minutes for email, Facebook once an hour and that's it. I am really frustrated. Would be glad to hear your opinions on that!

Attachments

• 2012-10-02_19-17-56.jpg
    2012-10-02_19-17-56.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 192
  • 2012-10-02_19-18-02.jpg
    2012-10-02_19-18-02.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 2012-10-02_19-18-09.jpg
    2012-10-02_19-18-09.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 156

crislevin

Sep 19, 2012
Hey guys! :)

I really need your advice. The battery life of my phone has decreased enormously! Standyby doesn't even last one day. Today I tested it and therefore used the phone very little.
After 12h 11m 35s only 4% of the battery were left. Although I the screen was on for only 33m 3s it used 44%. I called for 7m 47s and it took an amount of 17% of battery drain. Standyby used 16% and inactivity 14%. Do you think the battery is damaged?
I think of sending it in to the customer service. Do you think they will change the battery?

I use the stock rom with the latest firmware and I have also performed a reset. Autoscync every 30 minutes for email, Facebook once an hour and that's it. I am really frustrated. Would be glad to hear your opinions on that!

while, the battery consumption graph is continuous, so it may be okay. How old is your phone?

First do a calibration, charge to 100%, fully discharge (to <10%), turn it off and charge to full (green light on), turn on.

Disable background syncing (30 minutes syncing is quite frequent). Try manually disabling wifi and mobile data, see if that helps.

Reactions: Mannfred

Mannfred

Jan 25, 2010
while, the battery consumption graph is continuous, so it may be okay. How old is your phone?

First do a calibration, charge to 100%, fully discharge (to <10%), turn it off and charge to full (green light on), turn on.

Disable background syncing (30 minutes syncing is quite frequent). Try manually disabling wifi and mobile data, see if that helps.

Thank you for the idea with the recalibration! I will definitely try that and tell you the result. I got the phone in the beginning of august. Till 2 - 3 weeks ago the battery life was much better. Thanks again for your help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Serves no realistic use, but purely out of curiosity I tested the standby time lol. 282ish hours

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    Wow, not to troll or anything but the screen on time for the one X is BAD!
    Compared to my SGS2 that gets 4~5 hours screen time with normal use (50% brightness) and 6~7 hours of browsing (20% brightness).

Think HTC messed up with the small battery of these phones. Should have sacrificed a little bit of thickness for a bigger battery

Great news, fantastic news!

Now if you wouldn't mind, there are some very happy HOX owners here, that care not a tinkers cuss for the screen time of a Samsung phone, or what a Samsung owner thinks HTC "should have done", so do run along.
    These are my stats from first day...not bad given how much I'm played with it
    51ae99c2-3ca4-a8e9.jpg
    51ae99c2-3caf-45b7.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    This is a stat I achieved the other day (lowest brightness, WiFi connected & I barely actually touched it) but in real world normal use I get about 3 hours of screen on in auto mode.

Like I said, without detailed usage some of these stats being quoted are utterly meaningless.
    why r u here, troll.

There, fixed that for you.