[Bounty] AT&T Galaxy S4 Bootloader Unlock

Search This thread

hamzer11

Dec 5, 2010
Nevermind... I posted what is posted above. YAAAAAY!
Although I have no idea how it's used. Gotta read through some of the details.

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
im confused, is this something us users flash or is it only for devs? it seems its the latter.

its a tool for devs, we patch recoveries/kernels so they work, you guys just need to eitehr flash in recovery or in adb shell.

as soon as i have teh aboot img i can "sign" the recovery i made. since i have sprint i dont have it

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
its a tool for devs, we patch recoveries/kernels so they work, you guys just need to eitehr flash in recovery or in adb shell.

as soon as i have teh aboot img i can "sign" the recovery i made. since i have sprint i dont have it

im no dev but this doesn't seem like a true bootloader unlock to me then. nothing like what we had for the sg3. someone correct me if im wrong?

its seems this is to circumvent the bootloader lock to be able to flash a recovery and kernels. this seems to be something like htc dev, not true s-off.

Last edited:
Reactions: rekman

SysAdmNj

Jun 29, 2010
So how much longer until we can unlock the device because I'm planning on buying this device off contract and I'll donate as well :)

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
im no dev but this doesn't seem like a true bootloader unlock to me then. nothing like what we had for the sg3. someone correct me if im wrong?
with the tool you can flash a custom recovery, kernels and roms... unless i missed something?
He hasn't released it in a non-technical, user-friendly form yet. I think that's what they mean.

the only tool you guys need is the loki_flash which is in teh github repo. rest is up to devs :)

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
with the tool you can flash a custom recovery, kernels and roms... unless i missed something?

the only tool you guys need is the loki_flash which is in teh github repo. rest is up to devs :)

im not ungrateful but i thought i heard before this was something the user flashed to totally unlock the bootloader. that's why i was confused.

mattdm

Dec 31, 2011

Yeah, but I don't know how to use that...I'm definitely not a dev. It looks like that's just the code for loki_flash, not a compiled tool for us to download...please correct me if I'm mistaken!

MrPlNK

Aug 11, 2012
Gaithersburg
So do we just adb and flash that loki file? Or what? Im cool with this stuff not being a program we run or something but a little direction would be nice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I feel like I've stumbled into an alternate universe where none of you know that you'll be getting the ability to flash custom kernels and recoveries in the next week or two. Be patient. I currently have CyanogenMod booting on my AT&T Galaxy S4. :)
    In case you missed it, I requested all donations be directed at a reputable charity organization. If you want to refrain from doing so because the tools that were given to you for free don't match your arbitrary expectations that you made up after the fact, it doesn't matter much to me. Feel free to keep holding out for magic wands that make all your Galaxy S4 dreams come true. You may be waiting awhile.
    We've all had our complaints about the OS, but lets put our money where our mouth is.

I'll get the ball rolling. $20 pledge to the developer(s) who gets it unlocked.
    I downloaded the entire thing before it got taken down. Anybody who wants it just PM me on reddit /u/7trXMk6Z

Mods, feel free to delete this post or prema ban this account and/or my IP address, I don't care. I'll just make another account. I have no qualms distributing "intellectual property" whose sole purpose is to **** people out of owning the hardware they've bought and paid for.
    Thread Cleaned

With respect to the developer trying to accomplish a task here, and with respect to XDA posting rules. It is now time to stick to the topic and stop with the childish banter and "one-upping" each other in worthless commentary.

I do not care if you are a junior member, senior member or a member with recognition, be respectful in your posts, be on topic with your posts, and always remember we are here to further development.

If you cannot do that, then go somewhere else where opinions matter. This is not the place for that.

I have marked this thread as a favorite and will be ghosting it for a while, consider this a final warning -- post troll commentary at your own peril from here on out.