[Q] [S-On][Unbranded]Firmware Question

Search This thread

mazhar_uchiha

Jun 2, 2014
Hey Guys,

I have an unbranded HTC Amaze(Asian Version), s-on and rooted, recently I tried to flash Cyanogenmod 10 on it using 4ext, it flashed fine, but after starting, it kept hanging and rebooting, so I researched a bit and found out that my firmware is still the old gingerbread one, and to upgrade it I would have to turn s-off first.
However, I found a stock T-mobile Gingerbread ROM ,and flashed it its working fine now, and the it also allows me to update the system to ICS officially using the update available.
But my question is that if I update my android officially using the ICS update available, would it update my kernel as well? So I may be able to flash custom ICS roms on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :) thnx

chevycowboyusa

Jun 9, 2009
Big Bear City, Ca
Yes, it'll upgrade the software, kernel, and radio. But it's not recommended to do.

There's a link to the guide to upgrade the Asian amaze in the OP of the viper thread.

Follow the guide and read it thoroughly first.

Afaik you should use the guide and it'll then you'll be good!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

mazhar_uchiha

Jun 2, 2014
Yes, it'll upgrade the software, kernel, and radio. But it's not recommended to do.

There's a link to the guide to upgrade the Asian amaze in the OP of the viper thread.

Follow the guide and read it thoroughly first.

Afaik you should use the guide and it'll then you'll be good!

Alright but as Im not using the stock RUU anymore, but the T-mobile one, so would I be able to turn S-off ? because I read that stock RUU is a must if u want to go s-off?