Flashing problems

Search This thread

Duckman_UF

Oct 9, 2010
Gainesville
OK guys let me tell you about my issue's

I'm using TWRP 2.7.1.0 (Tried 2.7.0.2 no difference) S-off, Unlocked, latest firmware from Santods files. The phone works fine with Sense ROMS but for the life of me I can't flash a GPE ROM. They fail every time. Santod tried to help me out the best he could by having me replace the Boot.img from the ROM I was flashing thinking that I was on a secure Boot image (And I may be but I replaced it and they still won't flash). Mr. Jaydee82 also modified a ROM for me to try out (although I'm not sure exactly what he did to it) and it wouldn't Flash properly either. When I try to flash these ROMs it will appear to flash properly and then they will go to the bootscreen and just sit there and churn. Depending on the ROM some will time out and power down the device and some will just sit there forever until I do a virtual battery pull. I'm freaking desperate to find out what is going on with this device and I don't feel right bugging Santod so I decided to post this in hope of more ideas about what could possibly be going on with my device. Any and all help greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
OK guys let me tell you about my issue's

I'm using TWRP 2.7.1.0 (Tried 2.7.0.2 no difference) S-off, Unlocked, latest firmware from Santods files. The phone works fine with Sense ROMS but for the life of me I can't flash a GPE ROM. They fail every time. Santod tried to help me out the best he could by having me replace the Boot.img from the ROM I was flashing thinking that I was on a secure Boot image (And I may be but I replaced it and they still won't flash). Mr. Jaydee82 also modified a ROM for me to try out (although I'm not sure exactly what he did to it) and it wouldn't Flash properly either. When I try to flash these ROMs it will appear to flash properly and then they will go to the bootscreen and just sit there and churn. Depending on the ROM some will time out and power down the device and some will just sit there forever until I do a virtual battery pull. I'm freaking desperate to find out what is going on with this device and I don't feel right bugging Santod so I decided to post this in hope of more ideas about what could possibly be going on with my device. Any and all help greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

What did you use to s-off; firewater or sunshine? Are you able to flash/boot AOSP roms? Did you take the 1.55.605.2 OTA before?

Duckman_UF

Oct 9, 2010
Gainesville
What did you use to s-off; firewater or sunshine? Are you able to flash/boot AOSP roms? Did you take the 1.55.605.2 OTA before?

I used Firewater I'm able to Flash all of the Sense ROM's not sure if they are considered AOSP. Give me an example of one and I'll try it. I'm not 100% sure if I took the OTA update before I Rooted and S-offed/unlocked the device but I think I did. I Flashed Santods Nobootimg firmware via ADB to be sure I was on the latest firmware. I know my radios were up to date before doing this but I wasn't sure about the FW so I flashed it. Flashed fine, didn't need to flush again, flashed fine first time.

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
I used Firewater I'm able to Flash all of the Sense ROM's not sure if they are considered AOSP. Give me an example of one and I'll try it. I'm not 100% sure if I took the OTA update before I Rooted and S-offed/unlocked the device but I think I did. I Flashed Santods Nobootimg firmware via ADB to be sure I was on the latest firmware. I know my radios were up to date before doing this but I wasn't sure about the FW so I flashed it. Flashed fine, didn't need to flush again, flashed fine first time.
I'll post a link to a aosp ROM but first can you link me to the firmware file you flashed?

Duckman_UF

Oct 9, 2010
Gainesville

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
Man I'm out of ideas, I really want to help but can't think of anything. I'll still look and see if I can find anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duckman_UF

Duckman_UF

Oct 9, 2010
Gainesville
Man I'm out of ideas, I really want to help bit can't think of anything. I'll still look and see if I can find anything.

I really appreciate your help. Santod and me went back and forth via PM a few times and JayDee modified his Rom for me and now you. IDK....I'm dumbfounded. If you think of anything let me know. I'll just stay on AOSP for now. Always liked Cyanogen's stuff anyway, just never even thought about them since their ROMS are not in the forums. They used to be for my various other phones. Never really though about them not being on XDA until we did this just now. Thanks again for you time and help!!!

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
I really appreciate your help. Santod and me went back and forth via PM a few times and JayDee modified his Rom for me and now you. IDK....I'm dumbfounded. If you think of anything let me know. I'll just stay on AOSP for now. Always liked Cyanogen's stuff anyway, just never even thought about them since their ROMS are not in the forums. They used to be for my various other phones. Never really though about them not being on XDA until we did this just now. Thanks again for you time and help!!!
Yeah cm11 is what I'm currently using, it recently had a speakerphone issue but its been fixed since 7/30. The only AOSP ROMs that have incorporated the fix are cm11, liquidsmooth & aokp. Here is the section for all the aosp ROMs they are universal so means 1 zip for all HTC One M8 variants.

http://xdaforums.com/htc-one-m8/orig-development

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Man I'm out of ideas, I really want to help but can't think of anything. I'll still look and see if I can find anything.