[Q] currently worth upgrading?

Search This thread

syme203

Mar 31, 2014
Hi, hoping ive got this in the right place,

i currently have a samsung gt-i9305 but now that im due an upgrade, from looking into the s5 since samsungs have done pretty well for me so far but performance wise is it worth it?

compared to a friends i9300, my i9305 still preforms pretty well after 2 years, and currently the s5 the only difference i can spot performance wise is the increased cpu speed, admittedly this is a decent increase but will 2.5GHz and 2GB ram stand up well for 2 years?

i might be being over fussy but i use my pretty much like a laptop and i need it to last since i cant afford to get a new phone half way through a contract because apps get heavier etc.

i just thought id ask the people that know better than me before i made the choice, so is it worth upgrading now or wait to see what comes out? or if anyone can suggest a different brand or anything thats better id really appreciate it

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Hi, hoping ive got this in the right place,

i currently have a samsung gt-i9305 but now that im due an upgrade, from looking into the s5 since samsungs have done pretty well for me so far but performance wise is it worth it?

compared to a friends i9300, my i9305 still preforms pretty well after 2 years, and currently the s5 the only difference i can spot performance wise is the increased cpu speed, admittedly this is a decent increase but will 2.5GHz and 2GB ram stand up well for 2 years?

i might be being over fussy but i use my pretty much like a laptop and i need it to last since i cant afford to get a new phone half way through a contract because apps get heavier etc.

i just thought id ask the people that know better than me before i made the choice, so is it worth upgrading now or wait to see what comes out? or if anyone can suggest a different brand or anything thats better id really appreciate it

The Galaxy S5 will age well. You'll be fine 2 years from now, except maybe if you want to play Asphalt 10 at its highest details, but that's just conjecture. When you look at "flagships" from 2 years ago, such as the Galaxy S3, Nexus 4, or Xperia Z, these phones are still very capable devices, and will handle any app and pretty much any game you can throw at it.