Perfect Recovery 4.0.0.5 by Genokolar

Search This thread

simplistian

Feb 19, 2009
Macau
I am posting this recovery on behalf of genokolar. No ads in the recovery for this version :)

Change log:
1. EXT4 support.
2. Large file system support (e.g. /data > 2G).
3. Updated reboot recovery mode.

To install (you need root):
1. Backup /cust_backup/image/recovery.img
2. Download, extract and place the recovery.img into /cust_backup/image/
3. Done.

To go to recovery:
1. Power off
2. Hold Vol+ and Power buttons to power on (hold both buttons UNTIL you see the recovery)

EDIT: If your phone won't boot with this recovery please try this. Credit to stockwell.

Attachments

• recovery.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 50,105
  • device.jpg
    device.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 12,326
Last edited:

thinkingrobot

Apr 4, 2007
Argh... just installed 3.0.2.8 recovery image today, should search for new version here first...
Anyway, thank you and genokolar :)

andreasha

Apr 15, 2011
Does this backup the baseband firmware (or what stockwell mentioned that the Perfect Recovery didn't do before)?

stockwell

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 8, 2007
Brisbane
Does this backup the baseband firmware (or what stockwell mentioned that the Perfect Recovery didn't do before)?

No, my concern was actually that it DID backup both baseband and emmcboot.mbn, which could potentially brick if these files are corrupted on a bad restore.

This version still does this, though no one seems to have had this happen to them. I think since nandroid hashes the backups and checks them when restoring the problem only really would be if your phone was turned off while restoring, and even then bootloader mode might still work fine if those files are damaged.

snaker12

Apr 23, 2011
Genokolar can you please make a self installer so that we can upgrade through previous perfect recovery.Thanks.

andreasha

Apr 15, 2011
No, my concern was actually that it DID backup both baseband and emmcboot.mbn, which could potentially brick if these files are corrupted on a bad restore.

This version still does this, though no one seems to have had this happen to them. I think since nandroid hashes the backups and checks them when restoring the problem only really would be if your phone was turned off while restoring, and even then bootloader mode might still work fine if those files are damaged.

Oh okay! I read your post about that but must have been confused on what you really meant.

hellmonky

Apr 12, 2010
thank you very much!excellent work,i wonder how long would genokolar take in order to bring us the CM7,i want to learn something about compile specifide kernel,so that i could do some help ,can someone offer me some infomation?thanks a lot!guys:p

Last edited:

RoyaL

Jul 7, 2007
Hello all,

Maybe here is the right place to expose my problem. My Huawei X5 (and few others bought in Portugal from TMN company) are not running CWM v4.0.0.5. Booting in Recovery mode will be forever in "IDEOS" image.

No problem booting in Recovery mode either with original recovery.img or with CWM v3.0.2.8.

The problem is that with v3 there are problems flashing costum ROMs like FLB and void.

What is odd is that I haven't read a single complaint from any xda user in this forum... so maybe it is some problem with X5 sent to Portugal (!?).

Is there some way to debug the problem of the v4 in my X5?

Thanks.

baratexx

Feb 1, 2011
Hello all,

Maybe here is the right place to expose my problem. My Huawei X5 (and few others bought in Portugal from TMN company) are not running CWM v4.0.0.5. Booting in Recovery mode will be forever in "IDEOS" image.

No problem booting in Recovery mode either with original recovery.img or with CWM v3.0.2.8.

The problem is that with v3 there are problems flashing costum ROMs like FLB and void.

What is odd is that I haven't read a single complaint from any xda user in this forum... so maybe it is some problem with X5 sent to Portugal (!?).

Is there some way to debug the problem of the v4 in my X5?

Thanks.

This is my problem too.

wmi543

Apr 13, 2011
Thanks for your work, is source code available ?

Thanks for your work !

Is source code of this recovery available ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am posting this recovery on behalf of genokolar. No ads in the recovery for this version :)

Change log:
    1. EXT4 support.
    2. Large file system support (e.g. /data > 2G).
    3. Updated reboot recovery mode.

To install (you need root):
    1. Backup /cust_backup/image/recovery.img
    2. Download, extract and place the recovery.img into /cust_backup/image/
    3. Done.

To go to recovery:
    1. Power off
    2. Hold Vol+ and Power buttons to power on (hold both buttons UNTIL you see the recovery)

EDIT: If your phone won't boot with this recovery please try this. Credit to stockwell.
    Sorry I didn't read the thread properly, just saw that someone said that MIUI works fine when installed using 3.0.0.28.

This should be an easy fix, I'll just knock up a recovery.img which uses the MIUI kernel (The MIUI kernel has ext4 support). Hopefully this will work for you guys.

EDIT: Okay try this: http://www.mediafire.com/?xk6dfbkw617kj1i
    I don't think ROM manager supports the Ideos X5 (yet). Why would you need it anyway?
    Sorry I didn't read the thread properly, just saw that someone said that MIUI works fine when installed using 3.0.0.28.

This should be an easy fix, I'll just knock up a recovery.img which uses the MIUI kernel (The MIUI kernel has ext4 support). Hopefully this will work for you guys.

EDIT: Okay try this: http://www.mediafire.com/?xk6dfbkw617kj1i

ClockWorkMod v4.0.0.5 for "Black Sheep" X5's here!

http://www.mediafire.com/?xk6dfbkw617kj1i

A very very special thanks to stockwell!!! :D

It already booted. So... we might have a permanent fix. Tomorrow I'll try to install CM7 (for testing) and void ROM (most stable one for now).

EDIT: stockwell, any reason for some models, and only in Portugal, only work with this fix (MIUI kernel in CWMv4)? I would like to understand why just some portuguese X5 have this issue.
    All the credits goes to stockwell. He's the Man. :D