[DEV] HeroC ICS 4.0.1 Development

Search This thread

NineInchNails

R.I.P. - We'll see you around, bud...
Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
Code:
 running:  java -Xmx2048m -jar out/host/linux-x86/framework/signapk.jar -w build/target/product/security/testkey.x509.pem build/target/product/security/testkey.pk8 /tmp/tmpAJtFnP out/target/product/heroc/TeamICS_heroc-ota-eng.mattcrystal.zip
Could not create the Java virtual machine.

ERROR: signapk.jar failed: return code 1

No idea what to do here. I do have java 6 jdk installed... only thing I found is it's related to keys.
I do have img's in the out folder but they do me no good til this is resolved and I create an otapackage

Last edited:

jaybob413

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2007
Code:
 running:  java -Xmx2048m -jar out/host/linux-x86/framework/signapk.jar -w build/target/product/security/testkey.x509.pem build/target/product/security/testkey.pk8 /tmp/tmpAJtFnP out/target/product/heroc/TeamICS_heroc-ota-eng.mattcrystal.zip
Could not create the Java virtual machine.

ERROR: signapk.jar failed: return code 1

No idea what to do here. I do have java 6 jdk installed... only thing I found is it's related to keys.
I do have img's in the out folder but they do me no good til this is resolved and I create an otapackage

Not sure what is going on there. Do all of the referenced files exist? Do you have more than one java version installed? If so, try running 'sudo update-alternatives --config java' to pick the right version. Also, is JAVA_HOME set to the correct location for the installation?

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
hmmm that patch for arm6 does break debuggered and it causes boot loops for my pandigital novel - did you guys do anything different to get past those issues? Maybe it's just working on armv6j and not armv6-vfp... it's making me crazy

I killed the make file for debuggered but I got a big bowl full of bootloops right after entropy

NineInchNails

Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
Not sure what is going on there. Do all of the referenced files exist? Do you have more than one java version installed? If so, try running 'sudo update-alternatives --config java' to pick the right version. Also, is JAVA_HOME set to the correct location for the installation?

Everything was setup right. The only thing I can attribute to it is a bad build. During compiling Ubuntu would lock up and a hard reset was the only way to get back to it. Maybe during that I got a bad sector or something. Who knows. Started fresh again and we'll see what happens.

Also after my newest sync copybit.h got removed from hardware/include.. No idea how but it was and had to add it from ICS_Fixes again. Might be something to look into

JB, when I did a recent git checkout jb_temp in the device tree it showed I had changed to it but the changes you made to heroc.mk to a small base didn't show up. I still had the full base even after I git checkout heroc.mk. also didn't show the changes to vendor as you mentioned. I'm just wondering if I'm actually using your temp branch at all but it doesn't really matter for the base as I have yet to complete a build.

After hours.... its still the same error

Last edited:

NineInchNails

Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
Code:
mattcrystal@ubuntu:~/WORKING_DIRECTORY$ java -Xmx2048m -jar out/host/linux-x86/framework/signapk.jar -w build/target/product/security/testkey.x509.pem build/target/product/security/testkey.pk8 /tmp/tmpeMvdY2 out/target/product/heroc/TeamICS_heroc-ota-eng.mattcrystal.zip
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.android.signapk.SignApk
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.11)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.security.x509.AlgorithmId not found in gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[file:out/host/linux-x86/framework/signapk.jar], parent=gnu.gcj.runtime.ExtensionClassLoader{urls=[], parent=null}}
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(libgcj.so.11)
   at gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader.findClass(libgcj.so.11)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(libgcj.so.11)

I tried running the signapk.jar as it did when building and kept getting opening errors which I contributed to JDK. Updated JDK to 1.7 and tried running it again. Actually opened aignapk.jar this time but this was the output.. I know it's Java language but its alien to me... Obviously something to do with libgci.so but what exactly...

java-1.6.0-openjdk is what java version I've been using

Last edited:

jaybob413

Dec 31, 2007
Everything was setup right. The only thing I can attribute to it is a bad build. During compiling Ubuntu would lock up and a hard reset was the only way to get back to it. Maybe during that I got a bad sector or something. Who knows. Started fresh again and we'll see what happens.

Also after my newest sync copybit.h got removed from hardware/include.. No idea how but it was and had to add it from ICS_Fixes again. Might be something to look into

JB, when I did a recent git checkout jb_temp in the device tree it showed I had changed to it but the changes you made to heroc.mk to a small base didn't show up. I still had the full base even after I git checkout heroc.mk. also didn't show the changes to vendor as you mentioned. I'm just wondering if I'm actually using your temp branch at all but it doesn't really matter for the base as I have yet to complete a build.

After hours.... its still the same error

copybit.h was added previously, but then reverted yesterday. You can either run the patch, or go to hardware/libhardware and do a 'git checkout HEAD~1' to roll back the commit that reverted the copybit.h add.

I had some issue (brain death) with the heroc repo. To ensure that you are working from the same version, go to device/htc/heroc and do a 'git branch -av'. The SHA of the jb_temp branch should be d1763cf, and the comment 'Update PRODUCT_PACKAGES add use small_base product from vendor/TeamICS'

Last edited:

jaybob413

Dec 31, 2007
Code:
mattcrystal@ubuntu:~/WORKING_DIRECTORY$ java -Xmx2048m -jar out/host/linux-x86/framework/signapk.jar -w build/target/product/security/testkey.x509.pem build/target/product/security/testkey.pk8 /tmp/tmpeMvdY2 out/target/product/heroc/TeamICS_heroc-ota-eng.mattcrystal.zip
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.android.signapk.SignApk
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.security.x509.AlgorithmId not found in gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[file:out/host/linux-x86/framework/signapk.jar], parent=gnu.gcj.runtime.ExtensionClassLoader{urls=[], parent=null}}
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(libgcj.so.11)
   at gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader.findClass(libgcj.so.11)

I tried running the signapk.jar as it did when building and kept getting opening errors which I contributed to JDK. Updated JDK to 1.7 and tried running it again. Actually opened aignapk.jar this time but this was the output.. I know it's Java language but its alien to me... Obviously something to do with libgci.so but what exactly...

java-1.6.0-openjdk is what java version I've been using

FWIW, I am using java-6-sun

jaybob413

Dec 31, 2007
hmmm that patch for arm6 does break debuggered and it causes boot loops for my pandigital novel - did you guys do anything different to get past those issues? Maybe it's just working on armv6j and not armv6-vfp... it's making me crazy

I killed the make file for debuggered but I got a big bowl full of bootloops right after entropy

I am running on armv6j, not armv6-vfp. There was some discussion about the use of fconstd on armv6-vfp, that would cause issues with debuggerd.

You can try to add this commit for debuggered/vfp.s

Reactions: bigsupersquid

jaybob413

Dec 31, 2007
jaybob413, how did you make the radio work? I'm still failed on it.

changes to the following files:
  • device/htc/heroc/prebuilt/init.heroc.rc
  • device/htc/heroc/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml
The changes may only be in the jb_temp branch. I will try to get around to reconciling and merging back to the ics branch soon.

Reactions: NineInchNails

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
I am running on armv6j, not armv6-vfp. There was some discussion about the use of fconstd on armv6-vfp, that would cause issues with debuggerd.

You can try to add this commit for debuggered/vfp.s

haha yep I just applied it a few minutes ago and debuggered compiled successfully now hopefully it won't boot loop.

edit* still bootloops *sigh* I even tried it on a fresh build it only bootloops with these 3 patches and set up for armv6-vfp, armv5te-vfp is fine. looks like it's still not quite there...

Last edited:

NineInchNails

Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
Well I threw in the towel.. Haven't called it quits on compiling it but I figured I should start from scratch again. Need a clean linux enviroment to build from since I messed it up somehow.
Here's what I'm doing. Please feel free to correct me on anything I might be setting up wrong or if it looks good to go.
Just reinstalled Ubuntu 11.04.
Installed all these packages 'sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential \
zip curl zlib1g-dev libc6-dev lib64ncurses5-dev \
x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev lib64readline5-dev lib64z-dev \
libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib tofrodos' http://techblog.simoncpu.com/2011/07/required-packages-for-building-android.html per this advice I found because I do get those errors when using the cmds from aosp website for required packages
also did 'sudo apt-get upgrade' for good measure
Installed sun-java6-jdk. no other java. python, git-core, etc..
set up the repo with 'repo init -u git://github.com/TeamICS/manifest_ics_cm.git -b ics' per the manifest readme from our github.
and after the sync (which is DLing atm) 'git checkout jb_temp' in device/htc/heroc just to be up to date.. never going to push anything to it
apply the ICS_Fixes
start building
anything else I need or am missing?

what concerns me is this
Code:
mattcrystal@ubuntu:~$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_26"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode)

*Edited out previous statements as I've found some good info*
I believe I've answered my own concern. That is the correct version it should show according to the info I've found so I'm certain I have Java right and not any other setup

Everything seems to be in order. Patches installed. jb_temp branch is newest commit i believe
Code:
mattcrystal@ubuntu:~/WORKING_DIRECTORY/device/htc/heroc$ git branch -av* jb_temp                 a02e72c Remove Mms from device package; include telephony.mk in vendor instead
  remotes/TeamICS/ics     5f26dbc Revert "Merge branch 'new_branch_name' into ics"
  remotes/TeamICS/jb_temp a02e72c Remove Mms from device package; include telephony.mk in vendor instead
  remotes/m/ics           -> TeamICS/ics

Last edited:
Reactions: atmchuck

jaybob413

Dec 31, 2007
anything else I need or am missing?

what concerns me is this
Code:
mattcrystal@ubuntu:~$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_26"
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode)

*Edited out previous statements as I've found some good info*
I believe I've answered my own concern. That is the correct version it should show according to the info I've found so I'm certain I have Java right and not any other setup

I am also running 11.04, and get ALMOST the same output:
Code:
java version "1.6.0_26"
Java HotSpot(TM) [B][COLOR="Red"]64-Bit[/COLOR][/B] Server VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode)

Are you running 64 bit natty? This would show 'x86_64' from 'uname -p'

According to this link, 64 bit is recommended:
Code:
64-bit Ubuntu is recommended in order to use the 64-bit version of 
Java 6, so that we can use the same version of Java 6 on all platforms 
(there is/was a version of MacOS where Java 6 is/was only available as 
64-bit). In addition, some parts of the build barely run in 32-bit 
(they come close to running out of address space), and standardizing 
on 64-bit avoids risks of running into such issues.

NineInchNails

Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
I am also running 11.04, and get ALMOST the same output:
Code:
java version "1.6.0_26"
Java HotSpot(TM) [B][COLOR="Red"]64-Bit[/COLOR][/B] Server VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode)

Are you running 64 bit natty? This would show 'x86_64' from 'uname -p'

According to this link, 64 bit is recommended:
Code:
64-bit Ubuntu is recommended in order to use the 64-bit version of 
Java 6, so that we can use the same version of Java 6 on all platforms 
(there is/was a version of MacOS where Java 6 is/was only available as 
64-bit). In addition, some parts of the build barely run in 32-bit 
(they come close to running out of address space), and standardizing 
on 64-bit avoids risks of running into such issues.

Ah ha! that might be the trouble. I'm running i686 an obvious 32-bit version. Great link BTW because as soon as I seen your post i thought that same question. But I am compiling now and I'm getting a little rest for now so might as well wait and see. I know I can set all this up in a little under 3 hours depending on my DL speed some nights for the repo so I might be installing 64bit distro if this doesn't work. Think I'll stick with 11.04 natty though as less problems have been reported with it, Thanks yet again man.

side note.. I'm dedicated to using up my limit of thanks on you everyday for awhile

Last edited:

alex_camacho

Dec 8, 2010
Oh my gosh, I thought the recomended linux was 10.04 maybe thats why I wasnt able to even download the source.
Maybe I should just stay away from this, cause i couldn't even get the linux working properly.
Keep up the great work everybody, this ubernoob is counting on you all.

NineInchNails

Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
Update:
Same Java related error I posted about happened again. No reason why I can't run 64-bit Natty on my laptop so that's the next step. Already DLing the .iso. Already know my correct steps to be setup for everything except I need to look and make sure to install Java6 64-bit also. So to anyone else use my mistakes to learn from. I sure did.

NineInchNails

Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
Another update.

Ubuntu 11.04 x86_64 now installed :) java -version shows 64-Bit server VM exactly the same output as JB posted. Same steps as I've already posted. DL'ing the repo (again...) atm. So hopefully by some time late tonight/early morning I'll be posting of a successful build finally and be up to date.

tufeijoe

Jan 12, 2011
changes to the following files:
  • device/htc/heroc/prebuilt/init.heroc.rc
  • device/htc/heroc/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml
The changes may only be in the jb_temp branch. I will try to get around to reconciling and merging back to the ics branch soon.

- I didn't find changes related to radio in init.heroc.rc.
- I tried config.xml with these connection settings

The result is still failed. And what I saw from Settings->About->baseband is unknown.
From the logcat, I can see:
1. socket connection to rild is succeed
2. [0000]> SCREEN_STATE can be seen
3. [0001]> RADIO_POWER cannot be seen (while on CM2.3.7, I can see)

BTW,
I'm using same rild,libril.so,libril-qcom-qc-1.so and etc from CM2.3.7 (which is getting from official 2.2 ROM).

Any suggestions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Re-purposing this thread for those who are engaged in porting ICS 4.0.1 to HeroC.

Please try to keep this thread clean and restrict posts to topics relevant to getting ICS ported to the HeroC. It will make it much easier to focus on the effort at hand if we can refrain from the usual "When will it be done"; "Yay!"; "I know this isn't the right place"; "10char / +1" and "Me too!" posts.

If you have a burning need to express your joy, dismay, ambivalence or random thoughts, consider sending a PM, which I will make a best effort attempt to respond to within 180 days, time and weather permitting.
    Audio Driver Update

We now have updated audio drivers based on the original GB msm7k drivers, with mods gleaned from the ICS qcom/media drivers for the msm7x27a and msm7x30. This will be appearing soon in the next build posted in the ROM thread. For those of you who are building along, just pull the latest commit (or the entire repo) from the TeamICS android_hardware_qcom_media repo, and build audio.primary.heroc and audio_policy.heroc from your device tree make file instead of the .msm7k equivalents (Use eris or hero instead of heroc for those devices). After the update, it looks like the crashing, rotating outputs, and failure to play have been resolved.
    Status update on the camera...

I currently have it to the point where you can take pictures but the preview is blank and I haven't figured out how to get it to display yet. The actual pictures and zoom seem to be working fine though.

Along with using the libcamera compiled from gingerbread and the CAF patch for libcamera_client that jaybob talked about, i'm also using the MemoryHeapBase patch from here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1448303

If interested, the logcat I'm getting currently:
    http://logcat.miui.us/579001
    Radio Progress

Radio for phone is working both making and receiving calls. Just a hack atm, but definitely moving in the right direction. After some sleep, then cleanup, on to data.
    I'm having the same trouble.

Getting a whole lot of:
    Code:
    frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:860: error: isGPUSupportedFormat' was not declared in this scope

And similar. I never got 4.0.3 to compile actually. Any clues?

i am in the process of reviewing my build tree in order to update github to match the latest build. it currently builds 4.0.3 with no issues. will try to get it done in the next few days.