[Q] how install theme in atrix

Search This thread

Swiftks

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
Would it be possible to install a theme without theme chooser ?

For CM7??? Yeah it's possible, but time consuming as hell. You have to pull the framework-res & systemui apks, decompile replace/add what you want, recompile, and then flash. Also, any apps or things like the phone/contacts menu, settings menu, etc. you would also have to manually edit.

That's why theme Chooser is so nice, you make all your changes in a single apk file.

I usually start with a theme I like, then decompie it & customize it as I see fit.

Sent from my CM7 Atrix 4G

Reactions: MattZ71 and Cusa

Cusa

Dec 25, 2011
For CM7??? Yeah it's possible, but time consuming as hell. You have to pull the framework-res & systemui apks, decompile replace/add what you want, recompile, and then flash. Also, any apps or things like the phone/contacts menu, settings menu, etc. you would also have to manually edit.

That's why theme Chooser is so nice, you make all your changes in a single apk file.

I usually start with a theme I like, then decompie it & customize it as I see fit.

I see. Let's say that I have applied a theme using theme chooser in cm7, do I still need theme chooser in my phone after that? I like to remove as much as possible from the pre-installed apks that come with cm7. Once the theme is applied, I guess theme chooser isn't needed?

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
I see. Let's say that I have applied a theme using theme chooser in cm7, do I still need theme chooser in my phone after that? I like to remove as much as possible from the pre-installed apks that come with cm7. Once the theme is applied, I guess theme chooser isn't needed?

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

fire159

Jan 15, 2011
isfahan
CM7 theme?? If so, install it and use Theme Chooser to enable it.

i use 2.3.4 orginal in my atrix 4g mb860

my phone is root / but i dont unlock boot loader cuse i love this current rom .

and im waiting for android 4

so can i change theme in my phone !?

thx for help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Would it be possible to install a theme without theme chooser ?

please guide me
    how i use diffrent theme in my atrix 4g ??

thanks all :cool:

CM7 theme?? If so, install it and use Theme Chooser to enable it.

i use 2.3.4 orginal in my atrix 4g mb860

my phone is root / but i dont unlock boot loader cuse i love this current rom .

and im waiting for android 4

so can i change theme in my phone !?

thx for help

If you are running stock rom the answer is no.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk