[Q] Samsung galaxy ace q/appeal

Search This thread

Pawprints1986

Mar 26, 2014
The phone i am looking to get is called the samsung galaxy appeal in USA, or the samsung galaxy ace q in canada.

the main draw to this phone is its design - a real slide out keyboard.

but im just confused as far as which directions for rooting i would follow? I cant find any directions specific to that phone model, only the "samsung galaxy ace" but that and the phone I want are quite different. the model number for mine is sgh-i827D, if that helps.

My plan was to play around with it and put the latest (stable/recommended) version of android onto the phone before adding any personal touches. I know its operating system is older now but i really do enjoy the physical style of the phone itself.

Any advice would be great, thanks!

If it helps, once i root, as far as i know the only thing id want to do is upgrade the android version.

Last edited:

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
The phone i am looking to get is called the samsung galaxy appeal in USA, or the samsung galaxy ace q in canada.

the main draw to this phone is its design - a real slide out keyboard.

but im just confused as far as which directions for rooting i would follow? I cant find any directions specific to that phone model, only the "samsung galaxy ace" but that and the phone I want are quite different. the model number for mine is sgh-i827D, if that helps.

My plan was to play around with it and put the latest (stable/recommended) version of android onto the phone before adding any personal touches. I know its operating system is older now but i really do enjoy the physical style of the phone itself.

Any advice would be great, thanks!

If it helps, once i root, as far as i know the only thing id want to do is upgrade the android version.

Like to root + install CWM? --> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2298491

Need it (not that) cheap and fast? --> http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Samsung-Galaxy-Ace-Q-SGH-I827D-2GB-Gray-Unlocked-Smartphone-/115800646

Latest official Rom--> NOT AVAIABLE (or may be i'm dumb)

Last edited:

Pawprints1986

Mar 26, 2014
But i thought that was the point of rooting, so that way technically every rom is available to every phone?

Ive seen people say they got their regular ace running version 4.4

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
But i thought that was the point of rooting, so that way technically every rom is available to every phone?

Ive seen people say they got their regular ace running version 4.4

Ace on 4.4 is possible but not recommended as its just a bit too slow for KitKat. The point is that custom roms are communtity made and if there is no community, bacause of neraly no one owns the phone you have, there will be no custom roms.

I was not even able to find the stock rom for i927D provided b samsung on the internet. I would always inform myself about the abilities to mod a device before buying it.

Pawprints1986

Mar 26, 2014
Ace on 4.4 is possible but not recommended as its just a bit too slow for KitKat. The point is that custom roms are communtity made and if there is no community, bacause of neraly no one owns the phone you have, there will be no custom roms.

I was not even able to find the stock rom for i927D provided b samsung on the internet. I would always inform myself about the abilities to mod a device before buying it.

Where would I go to find out what roms are available? its i827d though, not 9. not sure if that makes a difference.