Nexus 5 wont boot

Search This thread

spasypaddy

Aug 23, 2012
Last night, my nexus 5 suddenly rebooted itself. When it restarted it was in a boot loop. but not a boot loop that i can get out of.

It just keeps going round and round almost as if the power button is stuck. however the power button is not stuck.

i cant get into recovery to clear the cache as when i boot into the bootloader it just automatically restarts again, i can move one option up or down and that is to shut down or reboot into bootloader, but not the second move that would take me to recovery.

i have now taken the back off, and unplugged the battery in the vain hope that it clears through whatever is causing the issue but im not convinced it will make any difference.

Please advise. i'm completely housebound and cannot walk due to having a knee operation, and completely dependent on my mobile if i have an emergency.

i've tried Kwoggers out of the box fix from his 2.1.2 toolkit but this didnt work as the phone wont stay in one place long enough for it to get a fix.

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
Last night, my nexus 5 suddenly rebooted itself. When it restarted it was in a boot loop. but not a boot loop that i can get out of.

It just keeps going round and round almost as if the power button is stuck. however the power button is not stuck.

i cant get into recovery to clear the cache as when i boot into the bootloader it just automatically restarts again, i can move one option up or down and that is to shut down or reboot into bootloader, but not the second move that would take me to recovery.

i have now taken the back off, and unplugged the battery in the vain hope that it clears through whatever is causing the issue but im not convinced it will make any difference.

Please advise. i'm completely housebound and cannot walk due to having a knee operation, and completely dependent on my mobile if i have an emergency.

i've tried Kwoggers out of the box fix from his 2.1.2 toolkit but this didnt work as the phone wont stay in one place long enough for it to get a fix.

If it reboots, even in bootloader, then it's either a broken power button or a broken motherboard.

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
thanks for replying, but why would this happen all of a sudden?

the phone was on, it hadn't been rebooted for a few days. It hadn't been dropped. but suddenly it went into a boot loop.

Not exactly sure, it's happened to a couple of people. Another reason could be a defective battery. What happens if you plug in the charger and attempt to boot?

spasypaddy

Aug 23, 2012
Not exactly sure, it's happened to a couple of people. Another reason could be a defective battery. What happens if you plug in the charger and attempt to boot?

same. just boot loops.

the reason i dont think its the power button is it just stops doing it and just switches off.

when its plugged in it just reboots around the white google logo, constantly. without being plugged in it goes to the 4 balls and reoots

Last edited: