Launcher Pro not responding at boot

Search This thread

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
Lately I've LP has been freezing on me in a few moments after boot, basically after media scanning is done my UI is frozen and I need to bring up task manager to close out LP and exit out of task manager and it runs fine again, anyone know whats causing this?

Adevem

Aug 4, 2010
it happens i think. i remember just installing chompsms and it's been happening since. switched to handcent and the problem's not there anymore.

maybe some application is causing it on your end?

Eienkei

Feb 17, 2010
I have the same problem! No matter what I do, Launcher Pro freezes after booting up, I have to close & re-open!

bigdyl69

Feb 12, 2008
Denbigh
I had the same problem no matter what setup I used on my phone, even did it straight after a clean factory reset. Gave up with it in the end and am using Zeam Launcher now, very quick and responsive although I do miss the LP widgets

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
Found a fix, its caused by the .andriod secure folder on the EXTERNAL SD.. delete all the contents from there and mark the folder as READ ONLY and reinstall your apps that were there w/o the EXTERNAL SD card to guarantee they dont come back.

100% fixed on my end!

ickyboo

Oct 26, 2007
Syd
Found a fix, its caused by the .andriod secure folder on the EXTERNAL SD.. delete all the contents from there and mark the folder as READ ONLY and reinstall your apps that were there w/o the EXTERNAL SD card to guarantee they dont come back.

100% fixed on my end!

Ain't that the folder used by apps 2 sd? I would rather put up with fc in lp then screw with app 2 sd.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

king.com

Dec 14, 2010
I still have thouse hangs at bootup, sometimes goes fine, sometimes it is needed to be closed. I had this folder on my external sd, the folder is empty. Read and Write flags are off :(

Any other suggestion?

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
it looks like its an actual error with the app itself, i have had this problem lots of times, i did a full wipe and only installed launcher pro, nothing else, the only 1 app i had on the phone was launcher pro and it still froze.

i just went to ADW launcher, i like it alot and you can resize widgets and stuff, very customisable..

2nd favourite is zeam, would be my number one but i couldnt figure out how to save the settings... theres a wide range of other launchers why not try something else ??

aghoshhajra

Nov 17, 2010
Houston, TEXAS
my LP does that as well on my vibrant. it really isn't that big of a deal, unless you repeatedly reboot your phone...

just wait a little while after your phone boots and just let everything load up

Creshaw

Apr 15, 2008
Yes, we can try another launcher, but launcherpro is best for me, because I want grid 5x6 icons. Go launcher is great as well, but there is max 5x5 :/