[Android] ClockworkMod Recovery not installing

Search This thread

ph03n!x

Dec 18, 2010
In case anyone is still facing this problem - I did today, and fixed it. Here goes:

1. Extract uImage.ClockworkMod from the clockwork zip file and place it in the SD Card of the Touchpad - you can do this in WebOS or in Android
  2. Boot to Android if you are in WebOS
  3. Open Terminal Emulator, type su and hit enter (accept the Super User prompt). Make sure you have enabled Root Access for Apps if you face any issues here (Settings > Developer Options > Root Access)
  4. The following commands have to typed in the Terminal
    Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /boot
    cd /boot
    cp /sdcard/uImage.ClockworkMod
    chmod 644 uImage.ClockworkMod
    reboot

The Touchpad would now reboot and show the moboot options - you should see ClockworkMod as the 3rd option if all went well.

sstar

Apr 6, 2012
Brighton
In case anyone is still facing this problem - I did today, and fixed it. Here goes:

1. Extract uImage.ClockworkMod from the clockwork zip file and place it in the SD Card of the Touchpad - you can do this in WebOS or in Android
  3. Open Terminal Emulator, type su and hit enter (accept the Super User prompt). Make sure you have enabled Root Access for Apps if you face any issues here (Settings > Developer Options > Root Access)
    Code:
    cd /booti
    reboot

The Touchpad would now reboot and show the moboot options - you should see ClockworkMod as the 3rd option if all went well.

Just a heads up if you are installing cyanogenMod 9
You will need update-cwm_tenterlion-1012
See this thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1539194

Reactions: amarkow2

unglued94ta

May 17, 2012

Code:
    cd /boot
    reboot

I have tried this. After I type in chmod 644 uImage.ClockworkMod, it gives me the error "Unable to chmod uImage.ClockworkMod: No such file in directory"

any idea's

Stuba

Sep 11, 2012
Worked! But...

So, when you install the Alpha CyanogenMod 7 build, chances are ClockworkMod Recovery will fail. This tends to be because the custom overclocked kernels in WebOS take up a lot of room in the /boot partition, and ACMEInstaller does NOT (And maybe cannot) resize this partition. If you want to use ClockworkMod, you need to boot it via novacom.

1. Unzip the update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip file into the same directory as Novacom.
2. Make sure your TouchPad is plugged into your computer, and reboot it while holding volume up. You should see a USB icon.
3. In the command line, browse to the directory Novacom is installed in.
4. Type this into the command line prompt:
Code:
novacom boot mem:// < uImage.ClockworkMod

You should now be able to flash gapps or whatever else you need to install (Except moboot, which you need to use ACMEInstaller to install)

Novacom is probably installed in: "C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc" for most users.

To get there in the command line, type:
Code:
C:
cd "C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\"
Then you can continue on to step 4.

This worked out for me. I just wanted to add that in my case I was stuck on the CM9 boot screen ( all other boots were gone), and the device wouldn't take much of a charge. When I would re-boot and hold the volume botton down, I'd get a promt to rechage (Power plug image). Eventually I tried leaving on the Touchstone with usb connected to pc. I got a little red digital power readout. When it hit 25% I ran webos doctor (which left everything intact) then followed the instructions above (Thanks!) and booted right into CWMod. I expanded the partition and flashed everything from there, wiping caches fixing permissions and roobooting at each flash. I'm a total noob but my CM9 is working perfectly!

shuatree

Sep 10, 2010
/boot file path needs to be added

Code:
    cd /boot
    reboot

This worked perfectly for me, but I had to modify one line to read "cp /sdcard/uImage.ClockworkMod /boot" so the uImage.ClockworkMod file is copied to the /boot directory.

Thanks!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, when you install the Alpha CyanogenMod 7 build, chances are ClockworkMod Recovery will fail. This tends to be because the custom overclocked kernels in WebOS take up a lot of room in the /boot partition, and ACMEInstaller does NOT (And maybe cannot) resize this partition. If you want to use ClockworkMod, you need to boot it via novacom.

1. Unzip the update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip file into the same directory as Novacom.
    2. Make sure your TouchPad is plugged into your computer, and reboot it while holding volume up. You should see a USB icon.
    3. In the command line, browse to the directory Novacom is installed in.
    4. Type this into the command line prompt:
    Code:
    novacom boot mem:// < uImage.ClockworkMod

You should now be able to flash gapps or whatever else you need to install (Except moboot, which you need to use ACMEInstaller to install)

Novacom is probably installed in: "C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc" for most users.

To get there in the command line, type:
    Code:
    C:
    cd "C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\"
    Then you can continue on to step 4.
    Thanks for this info , it worked great. So am I to assume if I remove overclock Kernel thenI wont have this problem and will be able to install CWM through ACme with no problems ?

Edit. Tried to uninstall F15C to no avail.

I don't know, but I kinda suspect not, because I brought my touchpad back to stock and *completely* wiped my touchpad before installing CM7, and I had problems with installing CWM through ACME. I don't understand the inner workings, but that seems like it may answer your question?

OP: Thanks!!!

Code:
      cd /booti
      reboot

Just a heads up if you are installing cyanogenMod 9
    You will need update-cwm_tenterlion-1012
    See this thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1539194