ICS Skyrocket Port: Call Echo Issue

Search This thread

Teo032

Apr 6, 2011
California
I covered the noise cancelling microphone on the top with a couple of small pieces of electrical tape (under my case) and it almost went away. I am not sure why covering that mic helps but it seems to. Try putting your finger on it and see if it stops echoing.

That's used as the mic when you set it to speaker mode.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Calz-

Feb 22, 2011
Phoenix
I use the earphones when I'm on a call and it seems to resolve the echo issue for me.
I tested it myself, had my brother talk to me from my phone while I was on his phone and didn't hear any echo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

Darmokk

Jun 13, 2011
DFW, TX
I've heard some people say that the blaze 4g modem may solve this issue, I'll flash it and report back

Karakoram2

May 7, 2011
I covered the noise cancelling microphone on the top with a couple of small pieces of electrical tape (under my case) and it almost went away. I am not sure why covering that mic helps but it seems to. Try putting your finger on it and see if it stops echoing.

Can you describe the noise cancelling mic. Is it the little circle to the right of the camera lense?

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Elkanito

Nov 23, 2011
Hi,

I have just fixed mine!!!. I have a Skyrocket with ICS, and echo began with I made the upgrade.

It happens that I'm using a silicone case for a Samsung SII where I cut the missing holes... but I have not cut the microphone hole!!! and I have a strong echo in my calls since I made the upgrade.

When I read this post, I realize that Echo goes off when I take off the case. I've made a lot of tests, searching the hidden microphone, when I found that the problem was the non-hidden microphone, that I thought was in a different place.

Please apologize my bad english, I hope my experience helps somebody.

Claudio

ladd76

Nov 10, 2012
Stonyford, CA
Speakerphone Echo

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1610336

Try the "MacGuyver Fix" found in the thread above. Took care of the echo for me for the time being, until a software fix and/or an official ICS rom is released.

The dreaded echo is still alive and well in the S3 as well... It is not a hardware issue however as I only experience when flashing custom ROM's. The only time it goes away is with the stock ICS ROM. Not everyone experiences it which makes it hard to troubleshoot/fix the problem.

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
This issue been solve months ago. Yadalk Is the one who actually fixed the echo on ICS roms from the SkyRocket!! It a flashabel zip too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have this issue if I have q case on it. The d30 case was horrible. With out a case tho its fine.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
    turn down incoming volume

I had same problem and found somewhere in the forum that suggesting to turn down the incoming call volume. so I did and the echo was almost dissapear.
    I guess this could be temp fix until someone come up with something else. :D
    Tried a cheap-o ebay case and my d-30 case (as well as no case at all) and callers experience the call echo regardless. It's really not that bad, but it is JUST bad enough to annoy the hell out of anyone you're talking to for any length of time.

Hope somebody comes up with a real fix soon