[TOOLKIT] Shield Root and More! [Shield RAM V1.1]

Search This thread

MrPokination

Jan 16, 2015
hey, I was wondering, does this work for the 106 update? I have used it before, but I haven't after the update and I don't want to brick my device

sensai2g10

Jul 19, 2010
Shield RAM V1.1

<<< Shield Root and More >>>

I'm happy to present my first release.

2mwclt5.jpg

FEATURES:
◄Unlock Bootloader►
◄Flash ClockWorkMod Recovery/Stock Recovery►
◄Root►
◄Debloat System►
◄After all it's a gaming console, who needs calendar's and books and crap :p
◄Restore to Factory Stock (erases all user data in the process)►
◄More to Come!!!►

NEWB INSTRUCTIONS:
Make sure you have the naked driver installed from this THREAD first. There is an install guide in the thread describing how to get the driver's configured properly. However I'll try to sum it up. Once you have USB Debugging enabled windows will try finding the driver's but won't be able to, go into device manager and right click the device you need to install the driver for. For the ADB driver right click it and go to Update Driver Software >>> Browse my computer for driver software >>> Click the browse button and find the folder where you have extracted the naked drivers. Hit next, it should scan the folder, find the driver and then install it. For the fastboot driver you need to power your shield off, boot into the bootloader, and then plug your USB Cable in. Windows should look for the driver software and once again, it won't be able to find it. Do the same thing, go to device manager and right click Fastboot and select Update Driver Software. Select Browse my computer for driver software again but this time select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. Highlight Show All Devices and select Next. Select Have Disk at the bottom, and then Browse. Find the Naked Driver folder once again and then select android_winusb.inf and hit Open. Select ok, scroll to the bottom, highlight Nvidia Shield Fastboot, hit Next and accept the warning dialog. The Fastboot driver should now be installed. Extract Shield RAM.zip, open the folder, and all you have to do at this point is double click Shield RAM.exe to start the process. I made this about as simple as it get so someone with no rooting experience should have no problem. Happy Modding!!!

ADVANCED INSTRUCTIONS:
Make sure to have your adb and fastboot driver's installed, start Shield RAM

DISCLAIMER:
If you do not know what root is, or have no need to use root, then you probably shouldn't be rooting your shield. I have tested this multiple times, and on multiple different shield units. This tool should be 100% safe however when it comes to flashing/rooting, modifying android device's in general there are certain inherent risks involved. I take no liability towards your device and the harm you could potentially cause to it. By now we should all know the risk involved with rooting, flashing, etc.

▲▲▲!!!AVAST AND POSSIBLY OTHER ANTIVIRUS PROGRAMS WARNING!!!▲▲▲
Avast wanted to run this in sandbox mode, if yours does the same let it sit for about 20 seconds and then hit continue execution.
Not really sure why it's doing it, I dont think Kwongger's tool tripped my avast.

Credits/Thanks:
Minimal ADB and Fastboot - Shimp208
CWM Recovery - Clockworkmod and Agrabren for porting it to the shield
Kwongger - Using his toolkit is what made me want to make my own​

Feel free to ask any question's, post any comment's or concern's, or make suggestion's for thing's you might like to see

Donation's are never expected,
and always appreciated. Please
leave your XDA username in the
field box so that I can say thank
you here for it.

THANK YOU FOR DOWNLOADING!!!
Hello,

If I just wanted to root my shield tv with super su only, can I do that with this program?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Shield RAM V1.1

<<< Shield Root and More >>>

I'm happy to present my first release.

2mwclt5.jpg

FEATURES:
    ◄Unlock Bootloader►
    ◄Flash ClockWorkMod Recovery/Stock Recovery►
    ◄Root►
    ◄Debloat System►
    ◄After all it's a gaming console, who needs calendar's and books and crap :p
    ◄Restore to Factory Stock (erases all user data in the process)►
    ◄More to Come!!!►

NEWB INSTRUCTIONS:
    Make sure you have the naked driver installed from this THREAD first. There is an install guide in the thread describing how to get the driver's configured properly. However I'll try to sum it up. Once you have USB Debugging enabled windows will try finding the driver's but won't be able to, go into device manager and right click the device you need to install the driver for. For the ADB driver right click it and go to Update Driver Software >>> Browse my computer for driver software >>> Click the browse button and find the folder where you have extracted the naked drivers. Hit next, it should scan the folder, find the driver and then install it. For the fastboot driver you need to power your shield off, boot into the bootloader, and then plug your USB Cable in. Windows should look for the driver software and once again, it won't be able to find it. Do the same thing, go to device manager and right click Fastboot and select Update Driver Software. Select Browse my computer for driver software again but this time select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. Highlight Show All Devices and select Next. Select Have Disk at the bottom, and then Browse. Find the Naked Driver folder once again and then select android_winusb.inf and hit Open. Select ok, scroll to the bottom, highlight Nvidia Shield Fastboot, hit Next and accept the warning dialog. The Fastboot driver should now be installed. Extract Shield RAM.zip, open the folder, and all you have to do at this point is double click Shield RAM.exe to start the process. I made this about as simple as it get so someone with no rooting experience should have no problem. Happy Modding!!!

ADVANCED INSTRUCTIONS:
    Make sure to have your adb and fastboot driver's installed, start Shield RAM

DISCLAIMER:
    If you do not know what root is, or have no need to use root, then you probably shouldn't be rooting your shield. I have tested this multiple times, and on multiple different shield units. This tool should be 100% safe however when it comes to flashing/rooting, modifying android device's in general there are certain inherent risks involved. I take no liability towards your device and the harm you could potentially cause to it. By now we should all know the risk involved with rooting, flashing, etc.

▲▲▲!!!AVAST AND POSSIBLY OTHER ANTIVIRUS PROGRAMS WARNING!!!▲▲▲
    Avast wanted to run this in sandbox mode, if yours does the same let it sit for about 20 seconds and then hit continue execution.
    Not really sure why it's doing it, I dont think Kwongger's tool tripped my avast.

Credits/Thanks:
    Minimal ADB and Fastboot - Shimp208
    CWM Recovery - Clockworkmod and Agrabren for porting it to the shield
    Kwongger - Using his toolkit is what made me want to make my own​

Feel free to ask any question's, post any comment's or concern's, or make suggestion's for thing's you might like to see

Donation's are never expected,
    and always appreciated. Please
    leave your XDA username in the
    field box so that I can say thank
    you here for it.

THANK YOU FOR DOWNLOADING!!!
    Changelog for 1.1:

• With all the people not wanting to update to 77 I left 68
    • Changed some of the messages that are echoed
    • Added Koush's superuser App
    • Added a failsafe so if a wrong key is entered the program exits
      Example:Requires a Y/N input if you hit 6 or M it will exit​

Donation List

• Budokaiboy

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
    Attention K-Mart Staff! Massive clean up in Aisle 6!!

Ok, all cleaning done from the very first mention of the dispute. Sorry if some good arguments got caught up in the cleaning process, but in reality, they had absolutely "0" to do with the tool's functionality (issues, features, bugs, etc)

If you do not like a tool, for whatever reason, kindly move along to something that more suites your needs, Without.. posting things that have nothing to do with the tool itself. And this includes "all" parties who participated.

Keep it On Topic folks.

Cheers

MD
    Shield Ram 1.1 Uploaded. Nothing huge for changes. I left update 68 embedded with all the people not wanting to update to kitkat.

Added a failsafe so if a wrong key is entered RAM closes instead of opening a random menu option
    Removed some of the echoed user messages to try and speed the process up just a hair
    RAM is no longer case sensitive either, for a Y/N question you can enter Y/N/y/n
    Added koushs superuser app after a request for it

Hope you guys enjoy
    Hey, are you planing on add an option to "ota ready" the device? You need to create a script that flash system, boot and recovery from stock, without a factory reset or userdata flashing, so, you can full unroot and full disable all system level changes in order to update :p I personally do this on my GF nexus 7 and my shield and everything work great :p

There's an option to flash it back to the newest ota, but ya changing that will be easy. And you just gave me a good idea too.

Hit thanks if I helped you out. Doing a little bit of reading goes a long way. Sent via tapatalk.