Usb door broke off

Search This thread

knate.baca

Apr 23, 2011
Santa FE, NM
Had the phone for 2 days and it snapped off. I tried to snap it back together but it's a no go. The black flexible thing is still there. I don't know if this would be covered through the warranty or what because I pretty much lose the water resistant feature. I have the door and use it when I'm not charging the phone but it's only a matter of time until I lose it. Has anyone had this happen to them or had a gs4 active and had it break?

Attachments

• 20140413_144408.jpg
    20140413_144408.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 1,831
Last edited:

undergrad

Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Had the phone for 2 days and it snapped off. I tried to snap it back together but it's a no go. The black flexible thing is still there. I don't know if this would be covered through the warranty or what because I pretty much lose the water resistant feature. I have the door and use it when I'm not charging the phone but it's only a matter of time until I lose it. Has anyone had this happen to them or had a gs4 active and had it break?

I figured this would happen to someone eventually. That sounds like a manufacture defect. I would contact either Samsung or wherever you purchased the phone.

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
Yikes, I'm afraid I'll eventually end up breaking mine too

-Sent from Tapatalk

GreenMachin3

May 13, 2013
This just happened to me today.

I was on the phone for 2hrs today with AT&T and Samsung. I called AT&T 3 times and came down to this.You will need to send it in to Samsung to get it repaired. It is not covered under warranty. You can not take it back if you are under the 14 day Buyers Remorse. You are ******!

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
How are you guys breaking it off? By pulling on it? Bending it too much?

-Sent from Tapatalk

KingDame

Apr 16, 2014
Im having the same problem my usb cover broke and Sprint wants me to file and claim since they dont have the part to fix it and Samsung considers it a cosmetic damage and I would have to pay to get it fixed and its not covered under warranty even though I've only had it for 4 days.

fastfed

Feb 13, 2008
How hard would it have been to build a spring loaded door? one that can only go IN, towards the charging port.. Pull out the charger and.. done, spring loads shut.

I think we're all gonna break our evenntually

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
How hard would it have been to build a spring loaded door? one that can only go IN, towards the charging port.. Pull out the charger and.. done, spring loads shut.

I think we're all gonna break our evenntually

That'd probably break too. All moving parts are vulnerable

-Sent from Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Im having the same problem my usb cover broke and Sprint wants me to file and claim since they dont have the part to fix it and Samsung considers it a cosmetic damage and I would have to pay to get it fixed and its not covered under warranty even though I've only had it for 4 days.

That's crap. If anything, they should make it easy to fix or make it simple as buying a new one and inserting the rubber part into the hole

-Sent from Tapatalk

KaiDream

Dec 3, 2006
Las Vegas
raylopez.net
Mine broke off also (had it 4 days). It looks like Samsung planned for this as if you take off the back cover there is a screed and cover right where the part is to replace it.

Honestly I'd rather not have the cover as it's constantly in my way, i sent a message over to Lifeproof in hopes that their next case does not require the cover to be on the phone.

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
So do you guys have to buy a new cover because the rubber tore? Or just screw the same one back in?

-Sent from Tapatalk

w4itg

Apr 13, 2013
That's what you get for buying Samsung plastic junk!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I literally just tried to break the charging flap off by twisting it and pulling on it at best buy and they wouldn't break. I have to admit, it feels quite sturdy. How rough are you guys actually being with this? I am having a hard time thinking they just "randomly" break off with everyday use

I also keyed it pretty good and there were no scratches on the screen; however, the camera lens and plastic bezel didn't fare as well since there's no gorilla glass protecting the camera lens and the bezel is just painted plastic

-Sent from Tapatalk
    Я снял шапку на всех :)
    Lol, how have you guys broke the door already? Damn. Can't really blame Samsung on this one either. Quit man-handling the door and it won't break off.
    I literally just tried to break the charging flap off by twisting it and pulling on it at best buy and they wouldn't break. I have to admit, it feels quite sturdy. How rough are you guys actually being with this? I am having a hard time thinking they just "randomly" break off with everyday use

I also keyed it pretty good and there were no scratches on the screen; however, the camera lens and plastic bezel didn't fare as well since there's no gorilla glass protecting the camera lens and the bezel is just painted plastic

-Sent from Tapatalk
    What kind of customer are you?
    This is a danger signal for Verizon Edge users. The Edge paperwork they sent with my S5 demands that I send them my old S3 in trade, and they list rules and restrictions including things like the S3 cannot have broken or missing port covers or they'll reject the phone, KEEP it, and charge me $200 for the trouble. How you get to reject, keep, and bill for the same device is something only a Verizon can do.

Now, the S3 doesn't have port covers or anything like that so it's not an issue. But the S5 does, so when mine snaps off ( and I know it will), I will be stuck unable to ever trade this S5 for something else.

Really prompting me to think about sending the S5 back if Verizon is going to be very stern about this. Honestly this S3 is mine and not theirs. I paid for it. I'd intended to sell it to Gazelle, not send it back to Verizon.

That seems illegal, they would actually be stealing your phone as well as $200 by doing that..

Also, the usb door is very easy to replace, once the spare parts are available.
    It's just a simple screw to remove to small door under the battery cover and replace the usb door that way.