[Q] Saving sent email (stock app)

Search This thread

Heckcat

Oct 23, 2010
Using the stock email app on 4.1.2 (and before I realized there was an option to send a bcc to myself) I sent several emails through Rogers while set up using pop instead of IMAP. So right now I have a number of sent emails that aren't on the server.

I don't want to lose the messages, and while I have figured out that you can open the sent folder, and then individually open and save a copy of each email, I don't want to do that (and it doesn't save the attachments either). I thought maybe I could select them all and forward at once, or save at once, or move them to another folder to sync with the server... but I can't. And I can't come up with a solution.

I thought maybe K-9 would have an option I could use, but I can't figure out how to import the settings from the stock app.

There must be a way to do this besides the one-by-one saving? Thanks for any insight. :eek:

Heckcat

Oct 23, 2010
Using the stock email app on 4.1.2 (and before I realized there was an option to send a bcc to myself) I sent several emails through Rogers while set up using pop instead of IMAP. So right now I have a number of sent emails that aren't on the server.

I don't want to lose the messages, and while I have figured out that you can open the sent folder, and then individually open and save a copy of each email, I don't want to do that (and it doesn't save the attachments either). I thought maybe I could select them all and forward at once, or save at once, or move them to another folder to sync with the server... but I can't. And I can't come up with a solution.

I thought maybe K-9 would have an option I could use, but I can't figure out how to import the settings from the stock app.

There must be a way to do this besides the one-by-one saving? Thanks for any insight. :eek:

I thought maybe I just hadn't searched long enough, or I wasn't using the right terminology, but there really isn't a solution for this, is there? I have found several cases where someone like me is wondering how to import their saved emails from stock to another program, or back them up in bulk, but I've never seen anyone answered (even here!).

So I have another question... would anyone be able to point me to documentation on where the stock app saves email info? Or has anyone tried to create an app to do this or something related to the stock email app at all, so I could peek at it? It's been a (long) while since I've done any programming, but it might be fun to poke around and try to figure out something that would be useful. :)

Heckcat

Oct 23, 2010
I thought maybe I just hadn't searched long enough, or I wasn't using the right terminology, but there really isn't a solution for this, is there? I have found several cases where someone like me is wondering how to import their saved emails from stock to another program, or back them up in bulk, but I've never seen anyone answered (even here!).

So I have another question... would anyone be able to point me to documentation on where the stock app saves email info? Or has anyone tried to create an app to do this or something related to the stock email app at all, so I could peek at it? It's been a (long) while since I've done any programming, but it might be fun to poke around and try to figure out something that would be useful. :)

<sigh>