Delete

Search This thread

Saigonian

Jul 26, 2010
May I ask a question? "Unlocking the bootloader" means root the phone? And after done this, we can use softwares that need root permission? I'm new to Android and known just a little bit.

Thank you so much.

M

Mr_Bartek

Unlocking the bootloader will allow you to flash unsigned firmware images to the phone. I am unsure if it automatically gives you root access, but there should soon be modified firmwares with Superuser etc etc.

Reactions: Saigonian

Meister_Li

Jun 26, 2010
Cork
With the unlocked boot loader, you can install (or just start) a custom boot image and install the superuser binary that way. After that, you have root. So it's pretty easy, we just have to figure out how to make one of those boot images. (I sadly have no clue)

M

Mr_Bartek

Either a pre-rooted system image or custom recovery is needed. While the first one is easier, the second is much better in the long run :).

@Step666 - I know You from se-nse :).

Bart1981

Dec 4, 2006
Utrecht
You are the best!
With this tutorial I was able to unlock the bootloader, because with the official tutorial I had some problems. I wasn't able to install java JDK on this computer. But now I did not need that anymore! Great!

sonicdarack

Sep 4, 2009
allrighty then... is there like an backup-tool?
How do you guys manage this?
I cant believe you always reconfigure the completete phone...

M

Mr_Bartek

You can backup contacts with your google account. Apps with the Market. Messages with some market app. App data cannot be backed up for free AFAIK (try MyBackup Pro if you can pay).

Top Liked Posts