[S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

electech_poc

May 10, 2010
Denver
Can't wait to tell my coworker we can get s-off on his amaze! Thanks for kicking ass!

Sent from my My Touch 4g using XDA Premium App

BiznessMan

Mar 20, 2008
Salt Lake City
How you people figure this **** out is beyond me. Wow

Good job getting this to work! Hoping to see some development finally come out of this neat little device

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com
Seems I messed up pretty good... I tried to run the app and after numerous failed attempts, it finally started doing it's thing and then quit. Now I'm stuck in that screen that looks like a phone with an arrow and can't boot back into Android or into Recovery. I'm not entirely sure what to do to fix this... Anyone up for helping?

phoenix79

Aug 31, 2010
I'm still wondering if it actually requires HTC unlock. Originally in the test thread, it didn't. Now it says it does

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

2kwic25

Dec 13, 2010
Seems I messed up pretty good... I tried to run the app and after numerous failed attempts, it finally started doing it's thing and then quit. Now I'm stuck in that screen that looks like a phone with an arrow and can't boot back into Android or into Recovery. I'm not entirely sure what to do to fix this... Anyone up for helping?

hope you backed up your sd card before doing this i think thats the only way you can get back into recovery i didnt do mine and was stuck on the same screen but i kept trying like 5 times before i did it right i didnt have the best wire either

did you see my post above? as long as you have that screen, you can keep running the program to retry the "wire trick"...

2kwic25

Dec 13, 2010
i cut up a old yellow Ethernet cord and used one of the wires from it and it worked for me it was thin but i cut both end so i can have a little wire showing and twist the one end i was using to make 2 clean contacts and BAM it wasnt sober anymore

MildewMan

Dec 25, 2010
Saint Louis, MO
took me about 6 or 7 tries to get the timing right, but I finally got it to work! Hot damn! Now I'm going to install me a custom splash screen. :D

Also I'm donating $100 to you guys! Thanks so much!

ThaPirato

Sep 11, 2011
In your head :D
Awesome job ;) It took a few attempts but I'm happily S-OFF(though i didn't backup sdcard & lost everything but meh idc) i used a empty sd card then put my original card back in & it was empty.Like a few people said MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR SD CARD 1ST or you will lose everything like me it seems. :eek:

Opentang

May 27, 2010
Dallas, TX

I'm having the same issue? No matter how many attempts

Sent from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk 2

KnowledgeBroker

Sep 7, 2010
Daytona Beach, Fl
Samsung Galaxy S8+
It is funny, but I'm not at all concerned about this process, I'm only concerned if someone makes a rom that messed up the radio or something else important..
I'm all for more development, but until it starts happening I'd rather keep my phone's perma-condom on.
Besides, I could still flash any rom that gets developed with a few extra steps couldn't I? I don't care about splash screen in the least.. only new roms.

xxquicksh0txx

Jul 17, 2010
Akron, Ohio
You don't flash radios when you flash a Rom, you have to do that in bootloader.
That's how its been on all of my older phones anyways...

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

vrracing

Dec 10, 2008
Houston
Razer Phone 2
after trying to get this to work for a while now, adb still cant find my device unless it is in recovery. once in recovery i noticed it cant mount cache/recovery/log, cache/recovery/last_log and a few others. anyone have an idea as to what happened or how i might fix this?

edit:in my mounts and storage menu, i get error mounting messages for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions and Downloads:

http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear.htm

Support:

Support for our tools is via IRC channel #unlimited on freenode ONLY. If you do not have an IRC client you can use this link.

We DO NOT provide support, instructions, or downloads via XDA. Please see our website: http://unlimited.io

Using how-to guides, "kits" and using other instructions on XDA to S-OFF your device is not recommended and will not be supported by Team Unlimited. If you want the best experience and results - go direct to the source. Dealing with support issues through the forums is inefficient and posts may get lost in long support threads, of which we would have too many to actively monitor. We have therefore decided that all support should be through our IRC channel. This will allow us to help you in real-time and through the whole process.

**You may not redistribute nor link directly to any of our tools without the expressed consent of Team Unlimited. We DO NOT authorize any dev use of our tools within other kits or tools.**
    Place your Prerequisites
    on the main page of your site... Simple[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Stop your *****in... Its your fault you didn't take precaution and read the instructions. Stop blaming this on the people that put there hard work into giving you s off just because you ****ed up
    This works great, will donate my pledge since my Amaze is now s-off!! First thing I did was flash this splash...NO MOAR WHITE!!!!

uwuQU.png

It is attached, unzip and then it be can flashed via fastboot;

Code:
    fastboot splash splash1 splash_black.img
    I think having the proper "tools" makes this really simple... also the timing... so here let me try and help those who are having some issues...

1. there are normally two sizes of paper clip, large and small, if you can find a small paper clip with plastic coating this is ideal... keeping the paper clip "flat" just kind of "unroll" it open, then just strip 1/4" off each end, now bend the shortest end 90 degrees down, then bend the paper clip to be "open" from the 90 degree tip, to the other end to be wide enough that you can stick the bent part into the hole, and then just by "rocking" the paper clip a little you can touch the other end to the ground point... now you are ready
    2. if you're really worried about the plastic not being enough insulation then use something like electrical tape where you will grip the paper clip, or use a small potato chip bag clip to hold the paper clip with
    3. start the program
    4. go ahead and stick the bent end of the paper clip in the hole, but DON'T TOUCH THE GROUND yet...
    5. wait for the prompt to do the wire trick
    6. touch and swipe the end of the paper clip across the ground, if you don't hear the sound from USB connect/disconnect then you haven't gotten the first touch to "connect" keep trying until you hear this sound
    7. AFTER hearing this sound wait the 1.5-1.75 secs, and touch/swipe the paper clip again... you should be good to go now...

I just found the wire I was using at first just not stiff enough to make a good connection... this worked on the first try for me!
    I made a little video for people who wanted something to see first, before they try it.

thanks to everyone in the JuopunutBear IRC chat for the support.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUDSwQbCVF8&feature=youtu.be