[Q] SD card appears as only 48MB. how come?

Search This thread

puwa

Nov 12, 2010
Hi, seems like my One S's sdcard partition has corrupted. been using TWRP 2.500 and recently upadted to 2.6.30 to use the new Maximus Rom. During the rom installation, I wiped the sdcard sectrion by mistake so I couldn't get to flash the zip file, then, I've tried multiple times of recovery.img flashings via RUU mode or on the bootloader screen. Finally when I got the TWRP recovery mode again, it says the sdcard folder only accepts 48 MB so I cannot push any custom roms since they are bigger than 500MB... Any ideas? Should I send it to the repair shops? Please Help!! Thank you!

FYI, my phone was

Tampered, Unlocked, S-off
also, when I press mount button on TWRP, this list appears
Cache
Data
Internal SDcard
System
USB-OTG

but I select Internal SD, the computer says the removable disk has only 48MB of available space.(I wiped it multiple times!)

tominozh

Mar 9, 2011
Dublin
Google Pixel 7
Hi, seems like my One S's sdcard partition has corrupted. been using TWRP 2.500 and recently upadted to 2.6.30 to use the new Maximus Rom. During the rom installation, I wiped the sdcard sectrion by mistake so I couldn't get to flash the zip file, then, I've tried multiple times of recovery.img flashings via RUU mode or on the bootloader screen. Finally when I got the TWRP recovery mode again, it says the sdcard folder only accepts 48 MB so I cannot push any custom roms since they are bigger than 500MB... Any ideas? Should I send it to the repair shops? Please Help!! Thank you!

FYI, my phone was

Tampered, Unlocked, S-off
also, when I press mount button on TWRP, this list appears
Cache
Data
Internal SDcard
System
USB-OTG

but I select Internal SD, the computer says the removable disk has only 48MB of available space.(I wiped it multiple times!)

Omg. Why the people dont read op before they are going to flash new Rom. Just follow the instructions.

Sent from my HTC One S

tominozh

Mar 9, 2011
Dublin
Google Pixel 7
Could you please tell me at least it's repairable or not? I want your help..:(
Also, I wonder what part I missed so it happened...hmm

Yes, don't sweat it. It is repairable.

It's hard for my to tell what you missed, because you didn't write what you did. So just follow installation instructions in the first post of maximus Rom. (flash new firmware, modified recovery, then Rom).

Sent from my HTC One S

Reactions: lordemil

puwa

Nov 12, 2010

It's hard for my to tell what you missed, because you didn't write what you did. So just follow installation instructions in the first post of maximus Rom. (flash new firmware, modified recovery, then Rom).

Sent from my HTC One S

thank you! so, for flashing a new firmware, what would be a good firmware to start? any recommendations? i tried the firmware.zip in the install kit but not worked. same 48MB limit on the /sdcard/. any ideas?
:laugh:

GabeyC

Oct 3, 2012
Just follow this. It worked for almost all of us..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45621060

All of these steps work for me except flashing the recovery as a ZIP. I get the wrong CID error (code 42 if i remember correctly). Thing is, I flash the .img directly usign fastboot flash recovery and that works but then the install process says, in android, transfer ROM. At this point, I don't have access to the SD card and the ROM is not in my sd card (it was wiped anyway?)

*EDIT*
Ok I changed my CID to 1111111 and now it works to flash the firmware. I still get partitions errors it seems though.

What I did is flash the stock recovery, clear storage, factory reset, reflashed the firmware given in Maximus thread, then the TWRP given and still, I get problems with my sdcard not mounting?

Last edited:

tivofool

Jun 6, 2012
All of these steps work for me except flashing the recovery as a ZIP. I get the wrong CID error (code 42 if i remember correctly). Thing is, I flash the .img directly usign fastboot flash recovery and that works but then the install process says, in android, transfer ROM. At this point, I don't have access to the SD card and the ROM is not in my sd card (it was wiped anyway?)

*EDIT*
Ok I changed my CID to 1111111 and now it works to flash the firmware. I still get partitions errors it seems though.

What I did is flash the stock recovery, clear storage, factory reset, reflashed the firmware given in Maximus thread, then the TWRP given and still, I get problems with my sdcard not mounting?

if you are talking about mounting usb storage in recovery, then no, you cannot do that on Maximus HD rom. (it's a modified TWRP to work on the new firmware)

You can sideload in TWRP or ADB push the rom to your sdcard.
I would give you a link to a page describing it, but search is unavailable right now, have to try later.

But just search that thread with keyword sideload. There you will find the exact commands to load the rom onto your sdcard.

Reactions: GabeyC

GabeyC

Oct 3, 2012
if you are talking about mounting usb storage in recovery, then no, you cannot do that on Maximus HD rom. (it's a modified TWRP to work on the new firmware)

I would give you a link to a page describing it, but search is unavailable right now, have to try later.

But just search that thread with keyword sideload. There you will find the exact commands to load the rom onto your sdcard.

Yea, that's exactly what I ended up doing... it's not clear on any thread though...

I went back to CM, didn't like maximus so much and it didn't fix my EDGE only problem so :)

cyberusman

Feb 12, 2013
It went back to 48mb

Hi i had the same problem with my htc one s.So i paniced and for some reason i put s-on(I deleted the os from the pc using mount storage) I managed to fix it by installing the recovery as zip. Then i tried to adb sideload a rom but it didn't work. So i went to boot loader then to fast boot and did fastboot flash zip Energyrom.zip. That gave me an error so i went back to recovery to try to side load the rom again, but my sdcard went back to 48mb.I reflashed the recovery (the one from install package) same thing . What do i do????? I need help asap i want my phone back (IM ONLY 12) Please reply asap.

GabeyC

Oct 3, 2012
Hi i had the same problem with my htc one s.So i paniced and for some reason i put s-on(I deleted the os from the pc using mount storage) I managed to fix it by installing the recovery as zip. Then i tried to adb sideload a rom but it didn't work. So i went to boot loader then to fast boot and did fastboot flash zip Energyrom.zip. That gave me an error so i went back to recovery to try to side load the rom again, but my sdcard went back to 48mb.I reflashed the recovery (the one from install package) same thing . What do i do????? I need help asap i want my phone back (IM ONLY 12) Please reply asap.

I think the easiest way is to flash the stock recovery and then do a sdcard wipe then a factory reset.

After that, you go through the process as described in the maximus rom thread, you will have to flash with sideload. That should work afterward

arnaldus

Jul 15, 2011
Bari
www.portraitbari.it
I am doomed :(

Hi guys,
Yesterday I decided to try MaximusROM 10.0.0 HD on my HTC One S, which is s-OFF and with superCID. The problem is: I didn't flashed first the rom as it was said, and I just used the Installation Package, installing directly the firmware.zip and the modified recovery. I tried to follow the steps written before, but now my phone works with the stock rom but it says that there are only 48mb in sd card, and that means that I can't even take photos, because I have no memory left. I found out that my phone, when is booted up, in settings says that I have 15,96GB of space for applications. What can I do?

Last edited:

Sir_gpm

May 27, 2011
Managua
POCO X4 Pro
I think the easiest way is to flash the stock recovery and then do a sdcard wipe then a factory reset.

After that, you go through the process as described in the maximus rom thread, you will have to flash with sideload. That should work afterward
I think I need to to that process my sdcard appears to be 10 gig only. Do you have a link for stock recovery? mine is S4.

dcvc

Feb 20, 2011
lost sd card 48mb

Hi I have big problem with my HTC one s I decided to install maximus hd but I need super cid and s-off facepalm metod everything I do original cid cange to 1111111... Get s-off acses and and install Rom then firmware and when Rom but Rom loads very slowly and sometimes
Black screen and not won't load Rom. And I decided to back s-on and back to original CID HTC_111 and install tricdroid beta 10.0 and then my sdcard 48mb. I try everything flash stock recovery delete all data and wipe but still 48mb try changing a few recovery cmrecovery all types and Twrp recovery but work one prefect Twrp 2.6.1.0 this recovery show me 12gb but I installed Rom on pc 48 I try again flash firmware from maximus hd but failed bicose I change my cid and back to s-on then. I try to go to s-off and change my cid to 11111111.
Noting happen my cid still htc_111 I can't do s-off my hboot is 2.16.0000 I read this forums I find many solutions but no-one don't help my. Try install three roms trickdroid magiobeta and source v14 still 48 I just want get my sd card please somebody. I try many thing relock boot loader try with ruu but still 48

dcvc

Feb 20, 2011
help

Hi I have big problem with my HTC one s I decided to install maximus hd but I need super cid and s-off facepalm metod everything I do original cid cange to 1111111... Get s-off acses and and install Rom then firmware and when Rom but Rom loads very slowly and sometimes
Black screen and not won't load Rom. And I decided to back s-on and back to original CID HTC_111 and install tricdroid beta 10.0 and then my sdcard 48mb. I try everything flash stock recovery delete all data and wipe but still 48mb try changing a few recovery cmrecovery all types and Twrp recovery but work one prefect Twrp 2.6.1.0 this recovery show me 12gb but I installed Rom on pc 48 I try again flash firmware from maximus hd but failed bicose I change my cid and back to s-on then. I try to go to s-off and change my cid to 11111111.
Noting happen my cid still htc_111 I can't do s-off my hboot is 2.16.0000 I read this forums I find many solutions but no-one don't help my. Try install three roms trickdroid magiobeta and source v14 still 48 I just want get my sd card please somebody. I try many thing relock boot loader try with ruu but still 48

Someone may be help me with this trouble :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:
:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying: Thanks for the help :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

erosman

Aug 24, 2010
same here what should we do i have managed to install magiorom but windows shows only 48mb all i want is to get back to stock but i messed up my cid i am on roger001 but i cannot find a correct rom as i have mi mid pj4010000 please help me get back to stock

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Could you please tell me at least it's repairable or not? I want your help..:(
    Also, I wonder what part I missed so it happened...hmm

Sent from my HTC One S

GRT!! Thanks so much for saving my LIFE!!

*EDIT*