Faster charging times

Search This thread

mfractal

Aug 1, 2009
Londrina
So you charged the note with it in one hour?
Isn't there a limitation on the current the charger outputs while charging?

spinrite

Oct 30, 2006
Winnipeg
I didn't charge the Note. I originally posted this in another section for another phone model if you follow the link. I posted the thread here cause Note owners would get benefits from this charger in quicker times. I do like this one better than Apples 2A charger. Hp's is sleeker, compact and comes with a 5ft cable.

cushcalc

Every phone charges slowly from PC USB port, right?

Do you think this would be safe? It's a cable that is designed for portable hard drives, to give them enough power. Maybe it would give the phone too much amperage (?)
My quick research finds that a typical PC USB port (and for sure Mac) has 500 mA power, so if you used this cable with two inputs, you'd be giving the Note 1000 mA which is basically like the wall charger, so it should be safe. What do you think?

Attachments

• USB2HAUBY3.small.jpg
    USB2HAUBY3.small.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:

spinrite

Oct 30, 2006
Winnipeg
I've used it for 4 full charges and the battery stays cool but charges fast. No problems to date. It's been a great find.

Tiamath99

Aug 6, 2010
Well, i have been using the charger that came with my Galaxy tab wich is 2 amp, since atday one.
No problem at all. It charges in little more than an hour.

I also have been doing this for more than a year with mi exiphone and the charger from the Ipad.
Maybe in the long run the battery life suffers, but i haven't seen anything like that. And honestly, waiting two and a half hours to get the phone charged via regular charger and ready to go me is not an option.

jojorios

Sep 11, 2006
Going to order one right now and give it a try.

Does anyone know of any car chargers that can charge at about the same speed?

ChodTheWacko

Feb 8, 2011
Well, i have been using the charger that came with my Galaxy tab wich is 2 amp, since atday one.
No problem at all. It charges in little more than an hour.

I also have been doing this for more than a year with mi exiphone and the charger from the Ipad.
Maybe in the long run the battery life suffers, but i haven't seen anything like that. And honestly, waiting two and a half hours to get the phone charged via regular charger and ready to go me is not an option.

Wow, crazy.
Would you be willing to install Battery monitor widget and show me the log file during charging? Just curious to see the rate of charge (i.e. during the start and end, as it slows down)

- Frank

Tiamath99

Aug 6, 2010
No problem Frank.
I'll try to do it as soon as i get home tonight.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

mfractal said:

It is.
I also have been using the 2 amp car charger that came with the original car mount of the Galaxy tab for the note and works great.
2 amp rules!!!!

Reactions: mfractal

cushcalc

Wow, crazy.
Would you be willing to install Battery monitor widget and show me the log file during charging? Just curious to see the rate of charge (i.e. during the start and end, as it slows down)

- Frank

I installed the Battery Monitor Widget. It says Techno: Li-ion 1500/1500mAh. This is obviously incorrect for the Note. So can anything it says about the Note's battery be of any use?

Skud51

Nov 3, 2010
Do the Apple 2A chargers for the iPad work for "fast charging" the Note? I know when I bought one in the hopes of fast charging my Galaxy S it didn't work. The Galaxy S just recognizes it as a regular USB charger. No matter which USB cable I use (even the OEM Samsung that came with the GalaxyS)

The charger I bought was this one from Macally, the CARUSB10 and it does not work for fast charging:

http://www.macally.com/en/Product/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=332

However, if I use my Samsung AC wall charger or my Wife's car charger for her Blackberry it is recognized as a "AC" charger and I get the good charging speed.

Riley

mfractal

Aug 1, 2009
Londrina
^^ yup, same here. No problem with 2A iPad charger. Haven't measured but charging times are at least 50% faster.

Skud51

Nov 3, 2010
Neat!!

So, the Apple fast chargers now "fast charge" with the newer Samsung devices?

Riley

Top Liked Posts