Hybrid/multi DPI Q&A

Search This thread

a3plew

Aug 16, 2010
los angeles
Does anyone else have a force close in all browsers when trying to use the find on page feature?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
Anyone else having problems with losing data??

Mine will cut offfrom time to time

I have to either
Disable data then enable
Or
Turn airplane mode on then off for it to work

Not a biggie but any reason why this might be happening??

a3plew

Aug 16, 2010
los angeles
Anyone else having problems with losing data??

Mine will cut offfrom time to time

I have to either
Disable data then enable
Or
Turn airplane mode on then off for it to work

Not a biggie but any reason why this might be happening??

Yes this happens to me. Can't tell you why though? Weak signal?

Micheleacudoc

May 17, 2012
San Diego
tablet apps

OK, I'm am wondering if I will be able to use apps that run on my acer iconia tablet on my galaxy note i717 with this ROM? If so, how can I be sure and set this up correctly? I am wondering if it is even possible as that is honeycomb?

jpg71

Apr 28, 2005
OK, I'm am wondering if I will be able to use apps that run on my acer iconia tablet on my galaxy note i717 with this ROM? If so, how can I be sure and set this up correctly? I am wondering if it is even possible as that is honeycomb?

Look for it in the Google Play store. If it shows up as an installable on your note, you're good to go.

gwbard

Tip

Here's a handy-dandy tip for y'all

If you have Titanium Backup pro, tap Menu / More / Send data ...
Select "List of Installed apps" and you can email it to yourself :)
Now you have a reference of your apps' names to use with hy. *** .dd=
looks kinda like this:
Code:
Crayon physics 1.0 (com.acrodea.crayonphysics)
GOSMS ICS Style Theme 1.1 (com.jb.gosmspro.theme.icecream)
Transparent Screen 2.12 (botweb.transparent.screen)
Abduction! 1.51 (au.com.phil)
aCircuit Board 1.8.9 (com.flowerpig.lwp.circuit)
AdFree 0.8.43 (com.bigtincan.android.adfree)
Adobe Flash Player 11.1 11.1.115.8 (com.adobe.flashplayer)
Android Pro Widgets 1.2.8 (com.rdr.widgets.core)
Angry Birds 2.1.1 (com.rovio.angrybirds)
Apex Launcher 1.1.1 (com.anddoes.launcher)
Apex Launcher Pro 1.0 (com.anddoes.launcher.pro)
AppAutoSettings Beta 0.03 (com.pinapps.AppAutoSettings)
AppBrain App Market 8.01 (com.appspot.swisscodemonkeys.apps)
. . .

Ray_Banci

Jan 25, 2012
thank you so much for this man!

Does anybody know the status of toggles in hybrid mode in CM9?

ALSO; huge question: is there a way to get indepth with the dpi- like keep its density but alter the density of the icons?

for example:

It stays at 213 but then you go alter the icons to like 250?

im hoping this is possible

Mlheur

Apr 15, 2011
Victoria
Love Hybrid - Best ROM

I have to say, I've been toying with Android since 2.2 on my P1000 and to date I'm loving the Hybrid 6.2 on my i717. It's been challenging, I've had some scares, but by reading all the posts (yes it's tedious with 500 pages+) but in all my travels with rooting and flashing, it's true - the answer has always been out there.

Keep up the good work, I'll keep reading. I just wish I could get to my 10th post, but seeing as this is my first, I don't think I will ever need to speak up on the dev forums, haven't yet and it would keep those 500 pages down...

Last edited:

dsp0704

Jun 6, 2012
DPI for APPS

Ok I think I'm retarded because after reading over and over OP's post about changing dpi for apps and even searching over and over I just don't understand.
I'm running the latest RC6.2 in tablet mode in 180dpi. I would like some apps to run in phone mode. I understand you have to change the dpi for the app. And from what I understand you go to Data/App/... in Rom ToolBox (Rom Browser) and change the app names to pa.name of file.(delete-1)da=320. or whatever. I did this and the app would not start. WHY?

If someone could explain literally step by step on how to do this I will be so greatly thankful to you forever. Explain to me like I'm a newb because I am.

dsp0704

Jun 6, 2012
Update: I found out how to do it. Pretty simple lol.. I have a follow up question though. Changing DPI for app also size of icon for the app. I'm pretty OCD about these stuff.. and having one app magnified so much just isn't visually appealing. Please help me solve how to change? I'm using Apex launcher and there's no way to change icon size.

Mlheur

Apr 15, 2011
Victoria
and having one app magnified so much just isn't visually appealing. Please help me solve how to change? I'm using Apex launcher and there's no way to change icon size.

A simple solution, though not elegant, would be to install auto app organizer or similar launch organizer that you can put a custom folder icon on, stick your odd dpi apps in the folder. Put the shortcut on your homescreen and you can control your UI experience that way.

dsp0704

Jun 6, 2012
Thank you for replying, I gave you a little thumbs up :)
I will try that method until there becomes a cleaner method.
I have another question (sorry!) I have been changing dpi for gmail, settings, etc.. to dpi=180 which is my UI's dpi. It works nice but some of the apps are not listed in pad.prop. Such apps like SMemo.apk, Snote.apk etc.. So I thought maybe I can just add these to padprop with pa. ... .da=180 under System. I did that and it didn't change. Like SMemo's background is still messed. I don't know what to do, anyone please help?

dsp0704

Jun 6, 2012
Update: I found that I was able to change density for SMemo by adding the code to pad.prop. Still couldn't get background to work and if I made the density any higher than my UI the pen doesn't work properly.. So to conclude, I will just sub SMemo for Snote.

Another question. Is there a list of apps with certain DPI settings that is recommended? That would be so useful, I mean I don't mind doing this but if there was something like this it would save me a whole lot of time. Or perhaps an app that makes this easier, I think I saw a youtube vid for Paranoid Android Rom where it was so easy to change app dpi...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tip

Here's a handy-dandy tip for y'all

If you have Titanium Backup pro, tap Menu / More / Send data ...
    Select "List of Installed apps" and you can email it to yourself :)
    Now you have a reference of your apps' names to use with hy. *** .dd=
    looks kinda like this:
    Code:
    Crayon physics 1.0 (com.acrodea.crayonphysics)
    GOSMS ICS Style Theme 1.1 (com.jb.gosmspro.theme.icecream)
    Transparent Screen 2.12 (botweb.transparent.screen)
    Abduction! 1.51 (au.com.phil)
    aCircuit Board 1.8.9 (com.flowerpig.lwp.circuit)
    AdFree 0.8.43 (com.bigtincan.android.adfree)
    Adobe Flash Player 11.1 11.1.115.8 (com.adobe.flashplayer)
    Android Pro Widgets 1.2.8 (com.rdr.widgets.core)
    Angry Birds 2.1.1 (com.rovio.angrybirds)
    Apex Launcher 1.1.1 (com.anddoes.launcher)
    Apex Launcher Pro 1.0 (com.anddoes.launcher.pro)
    AppAutoSettings Beta 0.03 (com.pinapps.AppAutoSettings)
    AppBrain App Market 8.01 (com.appspot.swisscodemonkeys.apps)
    . . .
    Please use this as your go to point for all queries regarding ICS Multi DPI. This will keep all future inquiries easier to find and manage. Thank you, all credit goes to DAG for his hard work and moderation/monitoring of his threads.
    Dpi should be changed using romtoolbox or manually editing the build.prop. If you search the dev thread for build.prop you will find many different scenarios... Hope this helps.

and having one app magnified so much just isn't visually appealing. Please help me solve how to change? I'm using Apex launcher and there's no way to change icon size.

A simple solution, though not elegant, would be to install auto app organizer or similar launch organizer that you can put a custom folder icon on, stick your odd dpi apps in the folder. Put the shortcut on your homescreen and you can control your UI experience that way.

how do u change the dpi