[Q] I want Gingerbread ROM what should i do??

Search This thread

Mehaboobmunna

Aug 5, 2011
I just installed xrecovery on my X10 mini using a .apk given by a member from this site.....

i'd subscribed to the forum from the xda app on my mobile but somehow i cant find post now...

i want to use Gingerbread ROM on my mobile.. what should i do???? what's the procedure.. i'd like the camera to work the same way its working now, (The main reason why i bought this little ninja)

ajay1602

Feb 18, 2012
new delhi
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
1. ROOT YOUR PHONE:)
2.UNLOCK BOOTLOADER from here-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1254225
3.FLASH NaA KERNEL from here-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1256739
4.FLASH ROM, mini cm7 by naA-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1068553 OR any other gingerbread rom from development section you can look there

Reactions: Mehaboobmunna

Mehaboobmunna

Aug 5, 2011

Thank you for those quick replies. After posting this question i've read some other posts. And I came across a post where its mentioned that Unlocking bootloader may Hard brick the phone. ( That'd be murder in my words.)
That post was for x10mini pro. Is it applicable for x10 mini too?

Sent from my E10i using xda app-developers app

SmG67

May 2, 2012
Thank you for those quick replies. After posting this question i've read some other posts. And I came across a post where its mentioned that Unlocking bootloader may Hard brick the phone. ( That'd be murder in my words.)

Yes, although it's very rare to actually hard-brick it.
If your phone is built before 11w29 (take off the back-cover and read the sticker), actually hard-bricking it is unlikely.
The only thing you have to worry about then is the simlock-certificate, if S1Tool says it's unrecognised it's going to be difficult, if it's SEMC simlock certificate, you should be ok.

ajay1602

Feb 18, 2012
new delhi
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T

Its not that difficult... and hard brick chances are rare,if you follow instructions carefully.i'm also noob but i follow all the instructions and i'm successful in unlocking it...

Sent from my E10i using xda premium

Mehaboobmunna

Aug 5, 2011
It says 11W06 on the sticker of my cell phone. Does that mean there are no chances of bricking?

Mehaboobmunna

Aug 5, 2011
I can use SIM provided by any network. My phone doesn't have any restriction. So that should prevent certificate issue right?

Can't stop loving X10mini

SmG67

May 2, 2012
I can use SIM provided by any network. My phone doesn't have any restriction. So that should prevent certificate issue right?

Yes, you should be ok. just make sure you check if you still have network-access after unlocking the bootloader, by booting up before doing anything else. If you get a signal, you can do whatever you please :)

Mehaboobmunna

Aug 5, 2011
After unlocking bootloader if I don't get any signal should I promptly go to back to stock ROM using PC companion? Or is there anything that can be done to prevent signal loss :). :screwy: :banghead: Excuse me if this question is too simple to be asked.

SmG67

May 2, 2012
After unlocking bootloader if I don't get any signal should I promptly go to back to stock ROM using PC companion? Or is there anything that can be done to prevent signal loss :). :screwy: :banghead: Excuse me if this question is too simple to be asked.

A: You unlock your bootloader
B: You start up your phone
If you don't get signal, relock the bootloader
If you do get signal: flash whatever you want.

Reactions: Mehaboobmunna

LostHH

Sep 7, 2011
Just jumping in this thread

I don;t really want to create a new thread.

I'm wanting to install/flash nAa Kernel but when downloaded I have 2 files; loader.sin and kernel.sin and meta.inf with an associated directory file in it.
How do I use these via Flashtool?

SmG67

May 2, 2012
I don;t really want to create a new thread.

I'm wanting to install/flash nAa Kernel but when downloaded I have 2 files; loader.sin and kernel.sin and meta.inf with an associated directory file in it.
How do I use these via Flashtool?

Rename the zip you downloaded to .ftf, put it in the firmwares subfolder where you installed flashtool, and flash...
(some browsers recognise the .ftf file for what it really is: a zip-file with a different extension, and automatically rename it when they download it, changing the extension again will make it show up in flashtool)

Last edited:

Mehaboobmunna

Aug 5, 2011
This is awesome. Before trying Gingerbread I thought of going with froyo I installed Remix V 3.2 coz I could do it using xrecovery. My phone went into bootloop :screwy:. I had missed a crucial step in the procedure. I found out what and it worked well.

Now i'm back to stock coz all gingerbread rom ask the phone to be on stock kernel.
Unable to download flashtool due to internet issues. As soon as I get my hand on that, i'll unlock bootloader and flash gingerbread.
I hope i'm on right track.

I don't want to murder this marvel and its Cam

Mehaboobmunna

Aug 5, 2011

Hi.. i downloaded the flashtool but when i try to install it in my system i get a error...

gc6u5

is this related to windows???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, although it's very rare to actually hard-brick it.
    If your phone is built before 11w29 (take off the back-cover and read the sticker), actually hard-bricking it is unlikely.
    The only thing you have to worry about then is the simlock-certificate, if S1Tool says it's unrecognised it's going to be difficult, if it's SEMC simlock certificate, you should be ok.
    3.FLASH NaA KERNEL from here-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1256739
    4.FLASH ROM, mini cm7 by naA-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1068553 OR any other gingerbread rom from development section you can look there
    If you want stock like camera i suppose ArcMini would be a better choice, it's still based on MiniCM7/GB2.3.7, but with Sony Ercsson apps.
    It says 11W06 on the sticker of my cell phone. Does that mean there are no chances of bricking?

You can still brick it, but in the vast majority of cases, restoring to stock rom and relocking the bootloader will get you going again, which are things you can do yourself :)

A: You unlock your bootloader
    B: You start up your phone
    If you don't get signal, relock the bootloader
    If you do get signal: flash whatever you want.