(Q) Stuck at google logo, won't power off

Search This thread

ViciousMo

Dec 2, 2012
I was flashing a new ROM and I got stuck at the google logo upon bootup. I tried holding power button to power it off. It does, then turns right back on.

Nov 29, 2013
You need to restore your cwm or twrp backup in this case...
You phone's not restarting properly coz the custom myt have been missing a file or you might have forgotten to clear the data,caches and delvik cache before installing the custom rom zip file...

As of now...i recommend you restore your backup first

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: ViciousMo

ViciousMo

Dec 2, 2012
press both power + volume down until it boots on bootloader. then choose recovery, press power and do necessary steps to flash a new rom
Well, when I do this. the phone turns off. Then, it turns back at to the google logo.
You phone's not restarting properly coz the custom myt have been missing a file or you might have forgotten to clear the data,caches and delvik cache before installing the custom rom zip file...

In TWRP, I wiped everything but internal storage. I thought it was a norm coming from a S4 but I don't think I should have done that now. I have the factory image downloaded. Just trying to get into fastboot mode.

ViciousMo

Dec 2, 2012
I got into fastboot mode. the mistake I was making was that I was stop holding the buttons once the phone powered off.

Nov 29, 2013
Yeah...this boot stuck thing happend to me too...during custom rom installation...

Ryanrioz

Feb 19, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Try to redownload the roms from Google Developers

And Re-Flash it via fastboot n see

(PS:Not sure ADB not running or just bad rom)

Send My Signature phone to XDA with my Bad grammars..

wantabe

Mar 8, 2011
Colorado Springs
I was flashing a new ROM and I got stuck at the google logo upon bootup. I tried holding power button to power it off. It does, then turns right back on.
If you long press the power button to force a reboot as soon as the screen goes off hold down the volume down button and it will put you into the bootloader screen, Getting to recovery from there is a piece of cake. Holding the volume down button at the beginning of a reboot (when screen is off) to get to the bootloader and/or recovery screen has worked on every device I've tried it on. Just one more way. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: ViciousMo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

press both power + volume down until it boots on bootloader. then choose recovery, press power and do necessary steps to flash a new rom

If you long press the power button to force a reboot as soon as the screen goes off hold down the volume down button and it will put you into the bootloader screen, Getting to recovery from there is a piece of cake. Holding the volume down button at the beginning of a reboot (when screen is off) to get to the bootloader and/or recovery screen has worked on every device I've tried it on. Just one more way. ;)