Xperia T/Tx/V official android 4.3 First Impression

Search This thread

r-l

Jan 8, 2011
Rotterdam
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE
First we won't get kitkat and in March our 18 months are over and Sony has yet made it to get itself out of having to give us kitkat...

Now 4.3. I don't know I expected more. SP got the gloves mode for example and I don't know whether it is just the Vodafone version why aren't we getting an update center?
The cam looks good but lacks of functionality, for example the tap to focus and make picture is gone and the auto mode being chosen every time I open the app is not really optimal.
The lockscreen is a bit rudimentary but we all knew that before yes we got widgets but honestly what do they offer if I have to watch out not opening Walkman or when swiping left and right. Better optional app buttons and to have them on the lower screen half.
Then the Docomo status bar better than what we had before but definitely many steps behind other uis in that case.

Worst for me is that the buttons for navigation are almost third of the screen... Would it kill Sony to make that customizable?

My main parts I'm not yet updating and waiting for the modders to do their best

xposed framework with gravity box and GEM Xperia Xposed will help alot.

as you can see in the picture below the nav bar is smaller the bars are really transparent and the dock has no background any more. Also there are more rows and collums. Yes this is really the stock launcher from Sony :silly: only the icons i did with Dekstop visuelizer :)

Also with GEM Xperia Xposed you can mod alot of the lockscreen too. You can even choose the AOSP lockscreen if you want.

w8w7dc.jpg

waynekirby

Nov 11, 2010
Barnsley
Looking sweet! Sending mine in for repair soon now that 4.3 is officially out :D

Sent from my Xperia Arc S using Tapatalk

pieceofphil

Jun 2, 2013
Augsburg

as you can see in the picture below the nav bar is smaller the bars are really transparent and the dock has no background any more. Also there are more rows and collums. Yes this is really the stock launcher from Sony :silly: only the icons i did with Dekstop visuelizer :)

Also with GEM Xperia Xposed you can mod alot of the lockscreen too. You can even choose the AOSP lockscreen if you want.

w8w7dc.jpg

Haha thank you I know that all this is possible with Xposed but I just consider other UIs as more useful by default and Sony has not really made big changes... It's just so incomprehensible why they need that long for updates

spromper

Jan 15, 2012
Just installed it, feels awesome, I like the new keyboard. And it's smooth! No lag at all for me.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

weebnuts

Feb 24, 2009
Dallas
I was just about to order the Z1s when the update came through..Actually ordered it but am cancelling it before it ships as the software is much faster and is like a new phone again!

Although, anyone having problems with google search? it keeps crashing. I clear app data and it still won't work.

[update]
I uninstalled the latest version and its working now. I haven't tried to reinstall the newest again.

Last edited:

Torres77an

Jul 8, 2011
Burnaby BC
don't know and don't care :p

I Care it keeps flash support which I still need for my BBC news and just prefer the browser all around.

Sent from Shane's Xperia T LT30a

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Just installed it, feels awesome, I like the new keyboard. And it's smooth! No lag at all for me.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

Well the old one seriously sucks it's complete rubbish doesn't even have a search key and is greatly inaccurate without proper word prediction even.

Tinup93

Oct 6, 2012
Cairo
i`ve posted my impression too in top of the topic Thx everyone for sharing your thoughts and yea i think we dont need kitkat for now =)

alfanumerica

Jan 13, 2011
Bug report

I changed SI code to swedish 1269-3639 and then upgraded to 4.3 stock with SEUS.
Camera is broken! It's flickering like CM or AOPK! Green line with low light (indoor). IT'S A SHAME!
I can't believe it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First we won't get kitkat and in March our 18 months are over and Sony has yet made it to get itself out of having to give us kitkat...

Now 4.3. I don't know I expected more. SP got the gloves mode for example and I don't know whether it is just the Vodafone version why aren't we getting an update center?
    The cam looks good but lacks of functionality, for example the tap to focus and make picture is gone and the auto mode being chosen every time I open the app is not really optimal.
    The lockscreen is a bit rudimentary but we all knew that before yes we got widgets but honestly what do they offer if I have to watch out not opening Walkman or when swiping left and right. Better optional app buttons and to have them on the lower screen half.
    Then the Docomo status bar better than what we had before but definitely many steps behind other uis in that case.

Worst for me is that the buttons for navigation are almost third of the screen... Would it kill Sony to make that customizable?

My main parts I'm not yet updating and waiting for the modders to do their best

w8w7dc.jpg

No buddy asked you about KitKat :-S

I made this post to let everyone share his impression about the long waited android 4.3 To our beloved phones T/TX/V

share your thoughts =)

and Gratz lets w8 for our last hope the Kitkat =D

Update
    after flashing the usa FTF i just used my mobile for 10mins and seriously i got a new mobile now! nicely done by Sony
    Smooth and Graphic is eye blessing just gotta w8 till get rooted and get the smaller navigation bar cuz this one is kinda too big

i love the call animation too It`s a new phone now =) Gratz to everyone

Tx Owner
    Google Play link please :)

To lazy to search yourself?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    someone who had no problems with the camera in the XV 4.3?

My XV works perfectly. No problem with The camera.

Inviato dal mio LT25i utilizzando Tapatalk