what is ur chipset of ur tablet??

• Total voters
Search This thread

Note10.1Dude

Dec 17, 2013
California
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3
Thanks for the update. Good reminder on the bloatware - might be enough to drive me to an ulocked international Tab pro as opposed to a US-supported carrier issued Tab S, despite only having 3G in the US for the international models.
I know Samsung lists T-705 as a Snapdragon, but AT&T is listing their new 8.4" LTE as 5420.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
So far, even with the crap-bloatware Samsung/Sprint like to pile on, and the memory-monster-TouchWiz; this tablet is performing quite well. The Snapdragon definitely makes up for all of the aforementioned annoyances. Certainly more responsive and 'snappy' than the Exynos variant that I've messed around with.

Explain this. On the N10.1-14 and Pro's there's no performance difference between Exynos and S-800 with the exception of some games that favor Adreno. All Samsung's high-end Exynos/S-800 tablets push the exact same number of pixels regardless of screen size (the PPI gets adjusted). I've played with Note's and Pro's of all sizes from the U.S., the EU, and Asia and can personally attest to the above.

Why are the S' behaving any differently on Exynos vs. S-800 then their brethren with identical h/w?

Most of the "annoyances" I've seen posted are related to lag and transitions which use no more than 2 cores on S-800 and never move off A7 on Exynos. Why would either chips high-end performance affect those low power annoyances?

CrashTestDroid

Jul 12, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 8
Explain this. On the N10.1-14 and Pro's there's no performance difference between Exynos and S-800 with the exception of some games that favor Adreno. All Samsung's high-end Exynos/S-800 tablets push the exact same number of pixels regardless of screen size (the PPI gets adjusted). I've played with Note's and Pro's of all sizes from the U.S., the EU, and Asia and can personally attest to the above.

Why are the S' behaving any differently on Exynos vs. S-800 then their brethren with identical h/w?

Most of the "annoyances" I've seen posted are related to lag and transitions which use no more than 2 cores on S-800 and never move off A7 on Exynos. Why would either chips high-end performance affect those low power annoyances?

TouchWiz is why we see lag on stock Samsung roms. I tried CM and it's fine, no lag/stutter but stock TW roms are rubbish. Apparently TW is optimized for Qualcomm and sucks balls on Samsung's own SoC.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
TouchWiz is why we see lag on stock Samsung roms. I tried CM and it's fine, no lag/stutter but stock TW roms are rubbish. Apparently TW is optimized for Qualcomm and sucks balls on Samsung's own SoC.

If it were purely TW related, wouldn't all the high-end tablets that preceded the S' also behave the same way? Meaning pronounced performance differences between Exynos and S-800? Hardware wise the CPU, GPU, radios (Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G) and pixel count have been the same since last year. If the software Samsung coded for Exynos and S-800 didn't create SoC-specific performance issues with Note's and Pro's, the latter using M-UX just like the S', what's unique about the S'? And the N3 uses the same SoC combo and doesn't have Exynos-specific performance issues.

Samsung hasn't had SoC specific problems (that I'm aware of) with other devices using multiple SoC's. The only h/w differences between the S' and earlier tablets is the substitution of AMOLED for LCD and a finger print reader. We all know AMOLED sucks on whites (on any SoC) so perhaps whatever performance throttling being applied to extract decent battery life is more aggressive on Exynos? But, again, the N3 is AMOLED and the Exynos and S-800 get almost identical battery life. And the finger print reader didn't seem to affect Exynos vs Snapdragon on the SGS5.

The S is an important tablet for Samsung and SLI builds Exynos so it would seem odd that for the first time (that I'm aware of) there were performance issues biased toward one SoC vs. another. Everything discussed as "annoyances" is subjective. In every Samsung forum where a single device uses multiple SoCs there are people swearing both are slower/faster than the other and get better/worse battery life. That's the danger of subjectivity.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

If it were purely TW related, wouldn't all the high-end tablets that preceded the S' also behave the same way? Meaning pronounced performance differences between Exynos and S-800? Hardware wise the CPU, GPU, radios (Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G) and pixel count have been the same since last year. If the software Samsung coded for Exynos and S-800 didn't create SoC-specific performance issues with Note's and Pro's, the latter using M-UX just like the S', what's unique about the S'? And the N3 uses the same SoC combo and doesn't have Exynos-specific performance issues.

Samsung hasn't had SoC specific problems (that I'm aware of) with other devices using multiple SoC's. The only h/w differences between the S' and earlier tablets is the substitution of AMOLED for LCD and a finger print reader. We all know AMOLED sucks on whites (on any SoC) so perhaps whatever performance throttling being applied to extract decent battery life is more aggressive on Exynos? But, again, the N3 is AMOLED and the Exynos and S-800 get almost identical battery life. And the finger print reader didn't seem to affect Exynos vs Snapdragon on the SGS5.

The S is an important tablet for Samsung and SLI builds Exynos so it would seem odd that for the first time (that I'm aware of) there were performance issues biased toward one SoC vs. another. Everything discussed as "annoyances" is subjective. In every Samsung forum where a single device uses multiple SoCs there are people swearing both are slower/faster than the other and get better/worse battery life. That's the danger of subjectivity.

CrashTestDroid

Jul 12, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 8

Seeing as I'm not a Samsung firmware author or remotely qualified to say why exynos vs S800 performance is different in real life, as opposed to a perfect world where it's all optimized perfectly for all hardware, I can only point to the facts which are:
-TW is laggy and visibly slow on pretty decent Exynos 5420 hardware
-CM, which doesn't have TW, isn't laggy on the same hardware, despite being basically an alphe test build and pretty unoptimized
-TW isn't laggy on the Pro lineup, where the major differences are screen (not much impact on lag imo) and SoC (obviously critical to performance)

So it's logical that:
-TW isn't optimized for Exynos hardware, or
-there are subtle bugs in the Tab S hardware, or
-the TW given to us by Samsung for the Tab S is different from the TW on the Pro series.
Or any combination of these.

fwiw i did debloat a TW rom and am pretty happy with it. For example, just getting rid of Magazine launcher makes everything smoother by 500%, no more waiting a couple seconds for the launcher to respond.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i bought this table Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE SM-T805 16G 2 days a go iam confuse becuase i read spcification of this tablet over the net all of them says WIFI SM-T800 and 3G SM-T801 use exynos 8 core and LTEs model use snap but my lte tablet use exynos
    in general how many models can be found for this tablet ((TAB S 10.5))

As far as my understanding goes, all S models are Exynos for now.

Pro line is Snapdragon.
    as i know, the tab S model use intel chip to support 4g
    I think only certain US Carriers use the Snapdragon chip Tab S LTE.
    I have not (yet) read on any Samsung site of any Tab S using Snapdragon. To avoid any future confusion, I suggest to forget the other sites, and go straight to the source themselves (Samsung) ..... :)