help,nook hd+ stuck on CYANOBOOT,can't do anything...I

Search This thread

zaifaxian

Feb 15, 2014
I rooted EMMC CM11 on my nook hd+ few days ago, it works ok, and these morning, while i'm charging, it turns into CYANOBOOT screen, I try everything can do, but not get into Android, can't get into CWM recovery mode, even Eight interrupted Boots not working, what can I do with that? Help, please.

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
I rooted EMMC CM11 on my nook hd+ few days ago, it works ok, and these morning, while i'm charging, it turns into CYANOBOOT screen, I try everything can do, but not get into Android, can't get into CWM recovery mode, even Eight interrupted Boots not working, what can I do with that? Help, please.
Try getting into CWM by booting holding the power and n keys together for a few seconds, releasing the power button first followed by the n key. That should get you into the new CWM on internal memory. Then you can use that to factory reset to start CM11 fresh.

If that does not work, go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread and make a new bootable CWM SD. Use that to flash a plain stock zip from item 6 of that thread followed by a factory reset with CWM. That lets you start over like it came out of the box.

The 8 failed boot procedure did not work because you had replaced the stock recovery with CWM.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

If that does not work, go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread and make a new bootable CWM SD. Use that to flash a plain stock zip from item 6 of that thread followed by a factory reset with CWM. That lets you start over like it came out of the box.
Hi, thank you for your guide, it helped me immensely.
I would ask there, I can't post in development subforums (yet), but would it be possible to get an updated version of the SD CWM Recovery that can install kitkat?
Thanks again.

zaifaxian

Feb 15, 2014
Try getting into CWM by booting holding the power and n keys together for a few seconds, releasing the power button first followed by the n key. That should get you into the new CWM on internal memory. Then you can use that to factory reset to start CM11 fresh.
i'm follow your way to make a bootable CWM SD(used this file NookHDplus-bootable-CWM-6028-for-stock-4GB-rev4-(05.15.13)), but my HD+ very hard to boot in sd card, it just keep struck on CYANOBOOT screen,I tried more than 30 times, should I keep trying? Or my HD+ is death already?

i'm follow your way to make a bootable CWM SD(used this file NookHDplus-bootable-CWM-6028-for-stock-4GB-rev4-(05.15.13)), but my HD+ very hard to boot in sd card, it just keep struck on CYANOBOOT screen,I tried more than 30 times, should I keep trying? Or my HD+ is death already?
Try using a different SD card if you can.
From what I've read, a 4GB Class4 card is the best. My 16GB will boot less than 1 in 20 times, but my 4GB boots 9 out of 10 times. Also, make sure you have marked the microSD partition as Active using a partition tool.

barth2

Jan 30, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Fwiw, I got a class 4 sandisk 8gb card. Total noob to android. Booted first time and every time since. Only trouble I had was with win32diskimager. Not only did it not work, it hosed my windows 7 install. I used a program called sdimager instead.

zaifaxian

Feb 15, 2014
Try using a different SD card if you can.
From what I've read, a 4GB Class4 card is the best. My 16GB will boot less than 1 in 20 times, but my 4GB boots 9 out of 10 times. Also, make sure you have marked the microSD partition as Active using a partition tool.

I try another Nook HD+, it totally work on that sd card, it takes a few seconds and then get into the CWM recovery mode, and my HD+, it just can't~
:crying::crying:

barth2

Jan 30, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S10+
That was because you were not paying attention to what drive win32diskimager automatically chose.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

No, I never got to choosing anything. Ran it and nothing appeared to happen. No GUI came up. When I rebooted windows would not start. Had to do system repair.

I thought wtf did win32diskimager do that? Hard to believe. So I downloaded it again from sourceforge, scanned it with avast and malwarebytes, ran it again, same thing happened. OK, better find something else.

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006

suite800

May 30, 2014
Also stuck on cyanoboot screen

Hi all, very similar situation - my Nook HD+ is completely bricked too.

Been a happy user of CM11 on Nook HD+ for about 4 months. I used the guide here to install it.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2602796

Then one morning it would not boot - only showing "Nook" screen when powered up. I tried to reinstall CM11 but with no luck.

• I created a bootable SD card with emmc-cwm-early3.img using dd command (dd if=img file of=/dev/sdc bs=1MB). When inserted, Nook would power up and go to Cyanoboot screen and but it would hang there
  • I went through 3 different SD cards (all type 4) and they are all same
  • I One interesting thing - I found sdcard-cwm-early9.img from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2600572. When I create SD card from it, it actually boots up to CWM screen, and it lets me go through various backup/restore options. However, the image only creates about 120MB of free space in SD card and I cannot place any zip files in it.

The reason for bringing out the last point is that it does seem that my Nook HD+ would boot up from SD card, but not with emmc-cmw-early3.img.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

- Dan

sconesoup

Mar 4, 2011
I'm having a very similar problem to yours suite800, only I was running rooted stock when it happened. Same thing though, normal boot freezes at the first Nook screen.

I've tried a number of different bootable SD images on a few different cards and all of them freeze on a screen with only the cyanoboot logo visible, with the exception of sdcard-cwm-early9.img. That image gets me to a cyanoboot menu but I can't do anything from there, if I select "Boot CWM Recovery" it just hangs on the cyanoboot screen with a message "Loading recovery from SD..."