[Q] Lenovo P770 wireless FM help ?

Search This thread

vishwasnp

May 31, 2012
I wanted to gift my dad a New android Phone , since he as been a great dad and me being a guy with absolutely nothing to offer of value to him, thought A phone would be a good Idea

But that actually turned out a bad Idea, He has A nokia X2 , yeah the same 4 speaker monster with Wireless FM, He likes to pass his time as a retired person with the phone in his pocket with radio on

SO the challenge. an android phone with Wireless FM, but here in India it turned out a nightmare. Many small time companies like MAxx, sansui sell Android phones claiming they have wireless FM ,but when I got it delivered and switched on FM, it was asking for handsfree !

So after purchasing around 5 phones and sending back/ reselling them losing a bit of money , I found a Android phone with Wireless FM Lenovo P770 :fingers-crossed:

This got a new set of problems to me. First the reception is weak, second I located the internal antenna of the radio and there is no Metal receiving aid of any sort provided by Lenovo ( the Nokia X2 has a aluminum back cover to act as antenna, even SE Live Walkman has a slot on back cover for FM , but this model has long been phased out

the Internal Antenna spot, If I put my finger on it or touch it with a metal hanger gives very good output, but remove it and the signal just vanishes , I tried chocolate cover foil , some gimmicky sticker claiming to improve signals in phone, nothing worked :(

So my query to all my friends here is , is there a way to improve wireless FM signal ?