[ROM][PORT] MIUI v4 for I777 [2.7.6] [4.0.3] - NFC Support

Search This thread

ktoonsez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
Market mistery issue

Market mistery is now solved (not too many people reported this but does exist)

The MIUI guys have included both the OLD market file which is "Vending.apk" and the new Play Store apk which is "Phonesky.apk". SO if you see that annoyance when you reboot it always goes back the the old 3.4.4 Market, simply delete "Vending.apk" from the /system/app folder and problem solved:D

Last edited:
Reactions: jsquaredgto

stevehkim

Oct 29, 2011
Titanium working good here as well. Did you allow root permissions? Also you have to have titanium scan your sd card to find the backup files if it doesn't see the files.

BTW is the audio out wakelock bug gone now? I have my sounds disabled because of that wakelock from previous versions.

cjsabaki

Dec 24, 2010
TEXAS Ya'al!
Hmmm,

Tried a sammy based rom and no lockscreen either.... WEIRD..., AOKP, CM9 all work fine...Sumthin to do with the samsung base...

No sure why only my phone is having lock screen issues othe newer builds of miui, could it be a newer or older boot loader issue?????

streak4m3

Nov 14, 2010
Titanium working good here as well. Did you allow root permissions? Also you have to have titanium scan your sd card to find the backup files if it doesn't see the files.

The app (Titanium backup) simply doesn't open - the screen goes black and then I get an error saying "Unfortunately application Titanium Backup stopped working" and gives me an option to send a report.
I still have the default kernel - not Siyah - but doubt that it makes a difference with one specific application.

ktoonsez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
The app (Titanium backup) simply doesn't open - the screen goes black and then I get an error saying "Unfortunately application Titanium Backup stopped working" and gives me an option to send a report.
I still have the default kernel - not Siyah - but doubt that it makes a difference with one specific application.

I think you need to uninstall Titanium and then reinstall. If that does not work, try renaming the titanium backup folder on your sdcard to something else so it cant see your backups to see what happens.

Reactions: jsquaredgto

streak4m3

Nov 14, 2010
I think you need to uninstall Titanium and then reinstall. If that does not work, try renaming the titanium backup folder on your sdcard to something else so it cant see your backups to see what happens.

Unfortunately, that didn't help...I've tried a few times. There must be something old that's preventing it but I've tried to clear all sorts of cache or anything pertaining to junk that could be complicating things. Just very strange. I mean I did a full wipe and clean install on previous attempts and it should have cleared TB related stuff but unfortunately the issue remains.
I know it isn't because of the actual ROM so this isn't anything to be concerned for other users.

cjsabaki

Dec 24, 2010
TEXAS Ya'al!
cj did you see the post I posted up for you? It was regarding that lockscreen issue.

Yes Sir!!

Tried everything else so far, except flashing an old bootloader!

That will be my last resort, but it is truly odd all the way around!

Will advise on what i find later this week!! Thank you all for helping!!

Best regards,

Chris

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA App

shimshimhae

Dec 5, 2008
Hey, I don't know if this is just me, but I'm having a lot of issues with wifi on the 2 newest miui versions. Won't connect easily. Reverted to the 3.30 one and working fine.

Also, sending text messages seems to take a lot longer on the two newest versions.

dredre2017

Mar 26, 2012
GPS Lock

I can only get a lock with GPS Status out in the open. Every other navigation app now will have me off about 100 m. Sometimes they lock on and then the arrow jumps every so often. I even went back to stock and even CM9 (after cleaning everything and still no lock). Before I moved to 2.3.6 and so on, my GPS worked great. DOes anyone have any solution to fix this.

PS. All navigation app data were cleared.

skatin707

Jun 23, 2011
Honolulu, HI
Is anybody having issues with poor camera quality? This is the BEST photo I could get of my new car. :(

20120416_213735.jpg

Reactions: cjsabaki

skatin707

Jun 23, 2011
Honolulu, HI
Nice new car! :D
But I haven't noticed any real issues, it was kinda laggy and saved photos at a lower quality after flashing 13b, a clear data of the camera app fixed it tho

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks I will give that a try.

I was so happy to get this car. I went through quite a struggle but it's mine meow :D

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

skatin707

Jun 23, 2011
Honolulu, HI
dont forget you are taking the picture at night, most cameras in general dont take excellent night time photos..

I have hundreds of awesome night time photos from the GB version of miui. Since I moved to V4 the quality has gotten worse. I figure it's just user error, so I'm curious how you guys are fairing with the miui camera app.

I got a better day time photo this morning, but I'm still trying to get better.

20120417_090011.jpg

n1nj4dude

May 7, 2011
I have hundreds of awesome night time photos from the GB version of miui. Since I moved to V4 the quality has gotten worse. I figure it's just user error, so I'm curious how you guys are fairing with the miui camera app.

I got a better day time photo this morning, but I'm still trying to get better.

20120417_090011.jpg

the GB version, or at least the one i was using was based off the samsung source, using the samsung camera which is known to be better than the regular miui one.. could be it

Reactions: skatin707

tripstermcgee

Jan 3, 2011
Kailua, Hawai'i
Hey, I don't know if this is just me, but I'm having a lot of issues with wifi on the 2 newest miui versions. Won't connect easily. Reverted to the 3.30 one and working fine.

Also, sending text messages seems to take a lot longer on the two newest versions.

My text are taking longer to, and it almost looks like it freezes while sending

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

skatin707

Jun 23, 2011
Honolulu, HI
the GB version, or at least the one i was using was based off the samsung source, using the samsung camera which is known to be better than the regular miui one.. could be it

Very possible. Good thinking.

@Skatin707,

DAMN!! Nice Subaru!!! the wrx is what I wanted the last 10 years!!!! sweeeet!!!!!

Thanks. After my last WRX I decided to just go for the STI this time. Completely badgeless :D

Top Liked Posts