[ROM] MIUI.us v4 ICS 4G WiMax working

Search This thread

FrankyFiggz27

Apr 17, 2011
Vatican City
aww what a tease. miui still hasn't gotten themes fully working. Instead, now it just doesn't even ATTEMPT to theme the status bar at all. and there are no online themes for status bar either. themes work better than in the first v4 builds, but still not full. fock.

EDIT: I take it back. Themes do not work better. i only thought it applied to every icon at first but it does not still. and i am mad. bro. at those bastards over at rootzwiki for misleading me into thinking themes worked. xda all the way. miui will have its day once again. but not today fellers. not today.

Last edited:

kennysvgp08

Oct 15, 2011
aww what a tease. miui still hasn't gotten themes fully working. Instead, now it just doesn't even ATTEMPT to theme the status bar at all. and there are no online themes for status bar either. themes work better than in the first v4 builds, but still not full. fock.

Haha..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335404236539.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335404236539.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 217

Ninja25

Jul 15, 2010
themes aren't working very well with me marcus:\ the status bar, sms, etc dont get themed jsut the icons

riotkid976

Nov 3, 2009
Getting calendar storage, gallery, and calendar fc's at boot. Gmail calendars aren't syncing either. Thoughts?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

xplus93

May 25, 2010

EDIT: I take it back. Themes do not work better. i only thought it applied to every icon at first but it does not still. and i am mad. bro. at those bastards over at rootzwiki for misleading me into thinking themes worked. xda all the way. miui will have its day once again. but not today fellers. not today.

What the F***, hasn't it been made clear yet? GB themes wont work. People need to stop B****ing about themes, be patient and once enough phones use V4 theme makers will make working themes. So for now deal with it, you want themes, go back to touchwiz or CM. If you want MIUI suck it up.

FrankyFiggz27

Apr 17, 2011
Vatican City
What the F***, hasn't it been made clear yet? GB themes wont work. People need to stop B****ing about themes, be patient and once enough phones use V4 theme makers will make working themes. So for now deal with it, you want themes, go back to touchwiz or CM. If you want MIUI suck it up.
only reason i expected them to work is because the changelog for the past month keeps saying themes optimized and **** like that. plus they partly work, and there is essentially no difference in sms, icons, or status bar from gb miui. nuff *****in by me. just sayin. just wishful thinking on my part. chill

beltsnspoons

Jul 28, 2011
Dayton, Ohio

Lol, dude is FED UP!

Take a chillaxitive kid, its a public forum, people are gonna gripe, just like you are.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Reactions: Fire n mage

Fire n mage

Oct 13, 2010
newport news, VA
So, that just means we can't manage files in storage on a PC via USB cable, correct? Cuz that won't bother me considering I haven't been able to get USB storage to work on any rom on my phone for months now. But we can still manage files via airdroid or something similar?

Could be your pc drivers? :p

beltsnspoons

Jul 28, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
Could be your pc drivers? :p

I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers over 100 times. I've tried using older drivers and the most recent (I assume) from the samsung website. The only time the usb storage will work is right after a fresh windows install. I thought cleaning caches n stuff might help, tried uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling. Rebooting, it just doesn't work. It doesn't even say my phone is connected anymore (on my phone or pc) so its borked. Idk how I borked it, but its mos def borked. Thx for tryna help tho.

beltsnspoons

Jul 28, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
Sorry about the empty post, for some reason my xda app won't let me edit it. I accidently hit submit before I typed anything. Lol, oops. Anyways, what I was gonna say was:

Can anyone comment on marxusant's last update? I know themes aren't any closer, but as far as functionality, battery life, stability, fc's, random reboots, anything like that? Are there any new features in this build? Does it run well with nyan kernel? Are you guys thinkin "stfu spoons n flash the effing rom yourself," right now? I guess I do have a few hours to kill while I'm at the library and could flash it and give it a go, but I'm having a hard time deciding on whether I wanna play with miui, aokp, or the cm9 beta3 test build. Well, one things definitely for sure... I'm not gonna complain about a lack of choices or development for the samsung epic 4g, that's for damn sure!

Btw, I'm on the peoples rom 2.1 right now, using the honeycomb theme, and a few choice mods, like inverted ics style messaging app for gb. I was seeing how good battery life I could get, so I only put apps that I use frequently on it, one home screen, one widget (clock), and zeam launcer with only an app drawer shortcut in the dock. I was using no wallpaper, but decided to go with a black wallpaper with a white sillouette of edward from cowboy bebop.

Wow, now that I went waaaaaay off topic... I shld rly stfu n flash this rom. So, yeah, miui ftw, brb!

omair2005

Jul 26, 2007
I forgot the mms stuff

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

mms stuff as in the apnconfig? I was going to upload a tweaked version of yours if you don't mind. just some build.prop edits and I added the apnconfig from cm (for mms, but don't know if thats the issue?)

for ppl on this rom:

for mms ==> did you try goSMS
for themes ==> (create /data/system/theme/)

build.prop tweaked out version: http://d-h.st/S4H

Last edited:
Reactions: beltsnspoons

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    miuiuslogo.png

MIUI.us and TeamKangBang (Epic4GPortTeam) Present
    MIUI ICS v4
    Samsung Epic 4G

Join us and watch the team work through bugs and see updates happening right in front of your eyes!
    MIUI Google Doc

Downloads

http://roms.miui.us

SCREENSHOTS

NOTE: Nobody is responsible for anything that happens as a result of you flashing this. We will try to help to our fullest extent but cannot promise anything.

If you use a kernel, mod, or theme that is not included in this ROM, do not come to this thread to complain. Once you flash a mod, kernel, or theme, you are no longer using MIUI.us

What Doesn't Work
    Nothing

What Works
    Themes
    Facebook sync
    v6 supercharger (you still have to run the script yourself)
    No phantom vm!
    Phone service (Fascinate MIUI porters & Epic CM team & darkierawr & marcusant)
    Physical keyboard and software keyboard (G2 MIUI devs & marcusant & xboxfanj & xBTx & CM team & Aluminous)
    Accelerometer (Epic CM team)
    Multi touch (Epic CM team)
    GPS (Epic CM team)
    SMS and MMS (darkierawr)
    Camera (Epic CM team)
    Video recording (Epic CM team)
    Everything else I forgot (Epic CM team, Samsung, Google, MIUI team, Nexus S MIUI porters, Fascinate MIUI porters, xboxfanj, marcusant, darkierawr, xBTx, etc.)
    4G WiMax (rlasalle15, blind, JAfterdark, |0xD34D|, darklichny, xboxfanj
    Everything

If you find a bug, please run "adb logcat > logcat.txt" and attach the logcat with a detailed explanation on how to reproduce the bug in question.

.​
    CHANGELOG​

Since A1/2
    Updated to miui 2.3.16
    Updated to CM9 B0
    Updated kernel to one compiled with noobnl's display fixes
    New lockscreen
    New gallery
    Themes fixed
    USB storage quickfix until we can fix it completely
    Switch to MIUI.us
    Updated GAPPS
    Re-added v6 supercharger fix
    Added facebook sync fix
    Added phantom VM fix (we think)
    More
    I'm going to release the build tonight most likely, barring any unforeseen bugs.
    MIUI.us 2.6.8...

Good day everyone, I present you with MIUI.US v4 Version 2.6.8

First things first:
    AGAIN, Please be sure to thank ALL of the following Devs for their efforts on getting this rom to the point it is now:
    Special thanks to Scott951, BigRushDog, |0xD34D|, Blind, RLasalle15, xboxfanj, Jafterdark, Death259, Marcusant and many more!!

MIUI.us 2.6.8 Patch Notes: 2.6.8 Patch Notes

Installation Instructions:
    Perform a FULL wipe if you aren't on a previous build...
    Download rom here:Miui 2.6.8
    I personally ALWAYS wipe before an install, but if you choose to flash over another build, be aware there may be data issues, if this happens, WIPE and reflash fresh

What works:
    Lockscreen music works correctly (Play, Pause, Previous/Next track, etc..)
    Proper reboot menu (Normal, Recovery, Hot Boot)
    3G working from fresh install correctly
    4G connects and stays connected
    MMS works, SMS works, but SMS SPLIT does not...
    USB storage working (UMS app)
    GPS working

WHAT DOESN'T WORK (yet):
    miui toolbox to change bar settings (Still working on it)

About the kernel:
    This rom has Nyan Kernel v5 in it:
    info here: Nyan Kernel v5 {With Voodoo}...

If you do not want the TWRP recovery (which is the default), use this zip to flash and remove it:
    http://marcusant.com/android/epic/restore-cwm.zip

Below you see some screens of the new music app, etc...
    Screenshot_2012-06-06-21-37-09.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-06-21-38-19.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-06-21-38-39.png
    screenshot2012053020433.png
    screenshot2012060922073.png

once upon a time... lots of hard working developers came up with the idea that 4g could work on miui...

Marcusant repeatedly smashed several faces into his keyboard
    Rlasalle15 went thru 100 cases of jolt cola, xbox dug some friends out from under his porch, death never sleeps anyhow

attachment.php

attachment.php

Special thanks to rlasalle15, blind, |0xD34D| and Jafterdark for wimax

Here you go:
    http://min.us/mppPVE3Cb