Anker 1600mAh in UK

Search This thread

MaxWiz

Sep 3, 2011
Sheffield
One seller on UK eBay has the Anker 1600mAh DZ battery for £7.39 inc postage. That is a bargain price by anyone's standard, so I thought I would give it a try.I was half assuming that it would be poor quality or a knockoff etc.

Had it for a week now. First 3 or 4 charges I was very careful to charge fully overnight and then let it run down to at below 15% before plugging it in again. Full charge/discharge cycles are good for battery calibration and the good for the battery itself (apparently?!)

I have been trying out lots of different ICS betas recently and they have been chewing through my battery pretty quick. Also my stock battery is the one that came supplied with my DZ over a year ago so it was a little tired.

I always charge overnight. On my tired stock battery I would just about get through the working day and would likely need to plug in around 7:00 if I wanted to use/tinker with my phone in the evening. With the Anker I am easily getting through to the evening without going near a power point. So can get all the usage I need on a single overnight charge - perfect!

What I cannot comment on is what performance I would get from a new stock battery. Obviously it might be just as good or even better but for this price these Ankers do a very good job.

I've just ordered two more and a second replacement backplate. Guess I'm coming to terms with the fact the HTC are not going to release a high build quality, high spec, qwerty slider in the near future :( So we better stock up on spares/consumables whilst they are abundant and cheap :)

Reactions: arsonist63086

ChronoReverse

Jun 14, 2010
I just started using an Anker battery last week and so far it's working quite well. I've heard that non-oem batteries can lose their capacities faster so I intend to do a rigorous retest a year later.

I'd avoid buying up batteries for use in the future though. Lithium Ion batteries age with time as well and will lose capacity even without use.

For now though, it does seem to come close to the claimed capacity which was nice. I did some tests that were more controlled than simply using it for a day:
Code:
ILWT 285
1.5GHz Performance
Airplane Mode
Minimum brightness
MX Player SW Fast
Stretch Mute

Battery discharged to 89% before recharging back to 100% waiting for the trickle recharge to stop before starting video and unplugging.
Device running until 15% warning which is dismissed and then run until device auto shuts off.

Anker - Claimed 1600mah
375minutes
~250ma
1562mah
97.6%

HTC OEM 1300mah (1.5 years old)
274minutes
~250ma
1141mah
87.8%
I also ran another test with slightly different settings (which meant it couldn't be compared) where the average drain was 300ma:
319minutes
~300ma
1595mah
99.7%

Last edited:

blindio_de

Jul 9, 2010
Berlin
Hi,
I recently bought the Anker 1600 and let AnTuTu Battery Tester run trough and got a Score of 630. In the AnTuTu Score Statistics it seems to be very good...

I am on Andromadus Beta3 (ICS) @1200Mhz

Don´t know what is this in comparision to the stock battery - I didn´t let the test run trough, maybe later. My stock batt is already over 1 yr old and I charged it almost every day or every 2nd day - so I don´t know if the result would be comparable...

Anyone knows about AnTuTu results of the stock battery?

Last edited:

virtualflyer

Mar 16, 2011
Hi,
I recently bought the Anker 1600 and let AnTuTu Battery Tester run trough and got a Score of 630. In the AnTuTu Score Statistics it seems to be very good...

I am on Andromadus Beta3 (ICS) @1200Mhz

Don´t know what is this in comparision to the stock battery - I didn´t let the test run trough, maybe later. My stock batt is already over 1 yr old and I charged it almost every day or every 2nd day - so I don´t know if the result would be comparable...

Anyone knows about AnTuTu results of the stock battery?
you should test it with the exact rom, got 466 with andromadus on a new installation 768mhz, can't exactly remember other settings.

I'm seriously thinking of getting a new battery.

Anker doesn't need sanding or an extended battery cover, right? can't understand why the OP needed to buy a new one

blindio_de

Jul 9, 2010
Berlin
No it fits fine with the original cover and is quite cheap as well - bought it at Amazon for abour 13 EUR including shipping. I think 466 is not so bad but I feel that Andromadus rom needs a lot of juice too.
With the new Anker I´ve got more or less the same duration like on cm 7.1 stable with stock battery...

Last edited:

mrbmg

Nov 14, 2010
Midlothian, TX
Just got my anker in, excited. It fit perfectly, was @ 67% when I put it in, going to charge it all the way up and see what kind of results I can get with this badboy.

I don't know why but I'm going to trickle charge down to 75 then back up, then down to 50 then back up then let it roll. Me just being stupid.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Last edited:

blindio_de

Jul 9, 2010
Berlin
After a couple of recharges now I think the Anker is even getting better - but I am not getting more than 4hrs "screen on" @Andromadus. But for a 10EUR battery not bad.

Guru Zeb

Jan 17, 2012
Up North !!!!!!!!!
One seller on UK eBay has the Anker 1600mAh DZ battery for £7.39 inc postage. That is a bargain price by anyone's standard, so I thought I would give it a try.

I just started using an Anker battery last week and so far it's working quite well. I've heard that non-oem batteries can lose their capacities faster so I intend to do a rigorous retest a year later.

Hi guys
Could you guys please post here (or msg me) the ebay item number or seller name, etc for this Anker battery?? As even as a highly experienced ebayer with an account now for 11 years old, i find battery buying a complete minefield ........ sooooo many fakes that ebay take no action about.
So if am gonna try one of these, i'd at least like to get a genuine one.

Thanks

Chem23

Apr 30, 2011
Hi guys
Could you guys please post here (or msg me) the ebay item number or seller name, etc for this Anker battery?? As even as a highly experienced ebayer with an account now for 11 years old, i find battery buying a complete minefield ........ sooooo many fakes that ebay take no action about.
So if am gonna try one of these, i'd at least like to get a genuine one.

Thanks

This is the one I bought yesterday:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220928813853

The seller gets good feedback from this and other forums and I'm pretty sure the batteries are genuine Anker. I believe it's the same seller as MaxWiz used as they were selling the same battery for £7.39 in February.

Can anyone please tell me how to get the best from a new battery? I hear different opinions on 'conditioning' batteries and do's and don'ts of charging/discharging.

Last edited:

Chem23

Apr 30, 2011
Damn good service from the seller! Bought on the Sunday, dispatched on the Monday and arrived this morning. One working day as opposed to the advertised 5-7.

From the packaging, it looks genuine. The seller also uses Amazon marketplace which is probably why it came in Amazon packaging. Learned that 4-5 full charges and full discharges is the right way to treat a new battery so that's what I'll be doing.

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
I wouldn't fully discharge as its not good for it. Do a little more research, you'll find differing ways but the authorities on lithium ion batteries will tell you a full discharge is unhealthy

Reactions: Chem23

Chem23

Apr 30, 2011
I wouldn't fully discharge as its not good for it. Do a little more research, you'll find differing ways but the authorities on lithium ion batteries will tell you a full discharge is unhealthy

Thank you :)

As you mention, I've seen a variety of methods, some quite elaborate. The manual that comes with the Anker battery says 4-5 full charges/discharges.

Based on your knowledge, at what percentage would you recommend plugging back the charger?

Chem23

Apr 30, 2011
15 to 20%

Thanks, I'll do that.
I made the mistake of not charging it for several hours before letting it discharge. I unplugged when it got to 100% and let it drain to 84% before I read that the first charge should be several hours. I've plugged it back on charge again and will leave it overnight before unplugging. Hope I haven't knackered the battery :(

geojoking

Jan 14, 2012
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
I'd also like to buy a battery, but it seems that the eBay seller from the link posted by Chem23 does not ship to Romania.

D'you have any recommendations as to what should I order, that ships to continental Europe (and Romania)?

mrbmg

Nov 14, 2010
Midlothian, TX
Just like to say I love this battery. I can easily get 12-13 hours of heavy, heavy use with it. The best I've gone with intermitted heavy use is 22 hours. That is definitely a far cry from the 8 hrs maybe I would get with the stock battery.

Chem23

Apr 30, 2011
I'd also like to buy a battery, but it seems that the eBay seller from the link posted by Chem23 does not ship to Romania.

D'you have any recommendations as to what should I order, that ships to continental Europe (and Romania)?

The same seller sells via Amazon as LaptopMateUK. It may be worth looking at Amazon and checking if he can ship to Romania. Good luck!

83nn0

May 23, 2012
Just got one of these, looking good so far, been very disappointed with the stock batterys inability to cope with all my tinkering and screen on time, hoping this will be the answer or at least a competent spare to keep in my wallet....

geojoking

Jan 14, 2012
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Checked Amazon but shipping is pretty expensive to Romania, higher that the battery itself... I'll check a few local stores, maybe one'll have this battery for sale.

Chillout

Jul 15, 2008
I didn't find any other stores online where they send to the Europe mainland, and since i don't have a creditcard, I'm not able to buy on amazon. Anyone has any ideas where to get it instead?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the one I bought yesterday:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220928813853

The seller gets good feedback from this and other forums and I'm pretty sure the batteries are genuine Anker. I believe it's the same seller as MaxWiz used as they were selling the same battery for £7.39 in February.

Can anyone please tell me how to get the best from a new battery? I hear different opinions on 'conditioning' batteries and do's and don'ts of charging/discharging.

Hi folks
    Soz for delays but just thought I'd update on my new battery.

1st delivery was very quick 2 days i think.
    2nd the price has been dropped to £4.95 inc postage !!!!
    So there is no reason to not get this battery.

Battery life with this battery is just short of amazing after using stock and other OEM batteries. I spent most of the entire day wifi-ing the other day must have been 7 hours straight ....... still had 20% battery left at end of day. :cool:

This must be easily the best bang for buck on standard door G2 batteries .... GET ONE !!!!!!!!! :D
    One seller on UK eBay has the Anker 1600mAh DZ battery for £7.39 inc postage. That is a bargain price by anyone's standard, so I thought I would give it a try.I was half assuming that it would be poor quality or a knockoff etc.

Had it for a week now. First 3 or 4 charges I was very careful to charge fully overnight and then let it run down to at below 15% before plugging it in again. Full charge/discharge cycles are good for battery calibration and the good for the battery itself (apparently?!)

I have been trying out lots of different ICS betas recently and they have been chewing through my battery pretty quick. Also my stock battery is the one that came supplied with my DZ over a year ago so it was a little tired.

I always charge overnight. On my tired stock battery I would just about get through the working day and would likely need to plug in around 7:00 if I wanted to use/tinker with my phone in the evening. With the Anker I am easily getting through to the evening without going near a power point. So can get all the usage I need on a single overnight charge - perfect!

What I cannot comment on is what performance I would get from a new stock battery. Obviously it might be just as good or even better but for this price these Ankers do a very good job.

I've just ordered two more and a second replacement backplate. Guess I'm coming to terms with the fact the HTC are not going to release a high build quality, high spec, qwerty slider in the near future :( So we better stock up on spares/consumables whilst they are abundant and cheap :)

15 to 20%