[Q] Restoring apps/data with google

Search This thread

maritimesbob

Oct 16, 2012
Cornwall
Hello,

I just flashed the factory image of KitKat for my N4. Normally when I flash any kind of rom, once installed the phone kicks in and my apps begin to download thanks to google sync.

Unfortunately this time around it did not happen. Nothing downloaded apart from the pre-installed apps updated that come with the factory image.

Not sure why the apps never restored, does anyone know a way of forcing KitKat to download these apps?

I know I would be better off using Titanium Backup or something but I have always found the google sync method pretty reliable.

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Hello,

I just flashed the factory image of KitKat for my N4. Normally when I flash any kind of rom, once installed the phone kicks in and my apps begin to download thanks to google sync.

Unfortunately this time around it did not happen. Nothing downloaded apart from the pre-installed apps updated that come with the factory image.

Not sure why the apps never restored, does anyone know a way of forcing KitKat to download these apps?

I know I would be better off using Titanium Backup or something but I have always found the google sync method pretty reliable.

I'm assuming you turned on restore backups in settings?

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)