[Q] Theming HTC Sense 5

Search This thread

keivan1983

Apr 29, 2012
Chicago, IL
So I upgraded my HTC One SV (k2_u) to Sense 5, and although it adds some functionality, I missed the various color skins that I could apply to Sense 4+. In Sense 5, you only have blue, blue and blue! So I rooted my phone (still S-OFF, though) and was able to mod some stuff using the awesome Xposed XBlastTools, but some things are still blue, like the check marks, progress bar, and EQS, Wi-Fi and mobile data icons. Sense 5 Toolbox is good at changing all status bar icons, but it's icons look tiny and pixelated. I've read so many posts and come to the conclusion that the only way to get full control of the UI the way you want is to modify system apps like com.htc.resources.apk and SystemUI.apk yourself, for which there are several tools out there, but there's no guide specific to Sense 5. Now my questions are:

1. What apks, as well as com.htc.resources.apk and SystemUI.apk, do I need to mod for changing any icon and color I want in Sense 5?

2. Which parameters should I change to mod colors (not icons, which are easy to find under res folder)?

3. Will I need to get S-OFF to use my new apks, or can I bypass this by flashing them from recovery?

My phone is HTC One SV k2_u rooted S-OFF, running stock ROM (JB 4.2.2 with Sense 5.0).

Sent from my HTC One SV using xda app-developers app

Last edited: