[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

Search This thread

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
rilphone.dll goes in \OEM\OEMdrivers
there's a couple ways to flash the radio rom.. you can flash a standalone package that someone created.. thats probably the easiest (see the radio thread for that)

Or you could just flash the leaked rom this kitchen is based on, and then flash over that with whatever ROM you like.. that'll leave you with the Radio ROM and the Splash screen from the leaked ROM. :)

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
http://rapidshare.com/files/194520587/DaGsKitchen-v6.1-HTC_WWE_5.05.405.1.rar

This version still has the sms/email white page bug, but i fixed enough other bugs to warrant uploading it as-is.. maybe one of you can help me find the sms/email glitch because it's evading me!

That's the only issue I know about with this build.

Edit: Don't forget the instructions have changed since v5, check the first post! :)

Last edited:

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
when I build the ROM, I'm still getting "Some of the files encountered inside project was not found: C:\Users\bla bla bla\Desktop\Kitchen\os-new.nb"

This occured when replacing the g'reloc.exe with another in v6... all seems well but it fails to produce a nbh file.

player911

Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Please list the exact steps you are following as well as pasting the last 20 or so lines of the log in the lower half of the buildos window, thanks :)

open command, launch ralphaelkitchen.cmd, click build tab, uncheck bottom checkmark, click Load Rom, select packages, click Go, wait for the process to end, close program, ERROR about os-new.nb, watch clean up process. The command windows says the nbh file is in the base directory and press any key to continue... but it isn't there. The original version 6 was doing this to me on my XP work PC after I replaced the g'reloc.exe file with another version.

Here is the entire log from the kitchen.

I don't even see it producing an os-new.nb file like other Kitchens do. Again, loading the OEM/SYS/ROM/Packages through v5 works like a champ. os-new.nb gets created, then nbh after that.

Attachments

• log.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Ah, you missed this part of the new instructions on page 1 :)

Optionally check box "All Packages to One" for a faster ROM. Leave "Execute Create_ROM_***.bat" checked.

I can see from the log that's your problem.

Also, you don't need to open command first, you can just double click raphaelkitchen.cmd :)

Reason it worked in v5 kitchen for you: RaphaelKitchen.cmd in v5 contains and executes Create_ROM_***.bat itself, which is why you need to uncheck the box (or it would be trying to do it twice and failing)

Now those commands are moved to Create_ROM_Raphael.bat where they should be, so no unchecking is required :)

player911

Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Ahhh force of habit I guess. I didn't notice it was different. I normally launch the raphaelkitchen.cmd directly. I'll try it again after I test the bare rom I made in v5 using the stuff from v6. I want to see if SMS works out of the box and if anything being installed is breaking it.

Yea that was it Da_G. v6 is working now. Still no SMS/Email though.

Last edited:

player911

Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
So far so good. Minor cosmetic issue which is no biggie for me, just thought I'd put it out there.

Battery meter on top bar shows full, even though it isn't.

Edit: I was able to sync Email successfully through Messenger.

You can sync and get SMS/Emails... but try open one up to read it through the Messaging app. The bug just displays a white screen. Not such a big deal if you have Manilla... but you can't reply to emails/sms at this point since the reply screen is also white.

Da_G... Didn't the original leaked rom have PIE4? I wonder if IE6 is messing up SMS. Doesn't the messaging app rely on IE in some regards?

Last edited:

btprice2001

Dec 26, 2006
Redondo Beach, CA
Hello. For anyone who's interested, the two files attached will make it so the title on the manila Programs tab will change to the name of the program highlighted when scrolling through the icons. This is a feature in the AT&T Fuze manila. Just copy the files in the zip to the windows directory or add/replace in the package folder before cooking.

Last edited:

DrzNight

Dec 7, 2008
Maybe this will help?

Yep.. and it's baffling as to why that happens. o_O

Although I am pretty braindead from court. I managed to fix the rest of the bugs at least :p

Maybe after I sleep on it..

I did some mix and match with you kitchen and NATF's and the bug with sms/mms/email was gone. All I did was replace the oem and Package folders and the bug was gone. I might have broken something else but maybe knowing this helps you understand something that I don't. I'm going to run this "hybrid" all day tomorrow and see if the bug comes back of if I notice anything else and maybe I can spend sometime tomorrow finding exactly what replacement did the trick. Thanks a lot for the hardwork Da G:cool:

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Well yeah.. I already knew it was in OEM (that's where 99.9% of the changes vs. any other ROM are)

The question is, what? :)

I'm sure i'll be able to figure it out tomorrow on a fresh nights sleep.. the only question is.. are there any OTHER bugs that need to be addressed :)

Hope to bring you a bug-free kitchen in the morning. :)

crazyC

Jul 25, 2006
Gravesend
Well yeah.. I already knew it was in OEM (that's where 99.9% of the changes vs. any other ROM are)

The question is, what? :)

I'm sure i'll be able to figure it out tomorrow on a fresh nights sleep.. the only question is.. are there any OTHER bugs that need to be addressed :)

Hope to bring you a bug-free kitchen in the morning. :)

Thought I would just dump my V5 OEM folder in to v6 (but still have the white screen issue). Have also tried just changoing the lockstream package to the one I knew was working in V5, but have now given up and reverted to V5 full till the master awakes.....

gadgetdad

Feb 2, 2008
NW OHIO
Thought I would just dump my V5 OEM folder in to v6 (but still have the white screen issue). Have also tried just changoing the lockstream package to the one I knew was working in V5, but have now given up and reverted to V5 full till the master awakes.....

You aren't the only one getting inventive this morning trying to get up and running. I attempted to use the xip he posted in the leaked rom page and all the dll's from oemdrivers in my old v5 rom and could not get past the initial boot splash page. :) Question for all out there - was it the new xip drop from the new rom or was it taking all the dll's out of the new rom and replacing it into my old kitchen?

crazyC

Jul 25, 2006
Gravesend
Well, the new leaked rom in its entirety does not apparently have this bug. At the end of the day it might be a case of dumping the new rom, and changing it one package at a time to see what breaks it - there are numerous blackstone/Diamond packages in the kitchen....But Da_G will sort it once he has had some rest, if no one else does.

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
[N00B] OEM/ROM/SYS Comparison Question

I downloaded 'Raphael_ROM_Kitchen_v0.62.rar' from the following topic;

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=411915

Extracted the contents to 'c:\xda\raphael' and placed the 'RUU_Signed.nbh' in the '.\BaseROM' folder and ran the 'RaphaelKitchen.cmd' file, selected option A (extract) and then exit.

I then downloaded 'DaGsKitchen-v6.1-HTC_WWE_5.05.405.1.rar' and extracted the contents to 'c:\xda\Da_G'. When I ran a binary & file comparison tool (BeyondCompare 2), I noticed that there were several differences between the OEM/ROM/SYS folders.

- I understand why new files in the 'Da_G' folder; extras.
- I understand newer/older file dates of some files in the 'Da_G' folder; more 'stable' version, security removed, page pool, ULDR, etc.
- I understand why some files appear in 'Packages' instead of OEM/SYS; selectable extras

What I'm not sure I understand is why some files from the 'Raphael OEM/ROM/SYS' aren't in the 'Da_G' folder. Were they intentionally stripped out (by experience) or is it that the extraction process in the 'Raphael_ROM_Kitchen_v0.62.rar' isn't compatible with this ROM level.

:confused:

Last edited:

player911

Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Something in this rom is eating my battery alive. I noticed it this morning. I unplugged my phone, got a shower. When I got out the phone read 90%. at 11:30am i'm down to 25%. I haven't used the phone at all. I noticed the phone is getting pretty hot in my pocket also.

There aren't any running apps in the background and I haven't installed any extra apps except my old resco explorer and a PIMBackup restore. I reset once this morning after I saw a 10% drop while in the shower.

Still dropping like a mofo. This could just be a whacked out battery driver issue or perhaps its something cooked in that is sucking it up. I had stellar battery life using the leaked rom yesterday.

All of this is using the new Radio which was coupled with the leaked rom.

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Good Morning :)

Hilaireg: Which files are missing? Anything that's removed from OEM should be in Packages, the only thing that should be completely missing is the .cab's from the original rom and some sample images/ringtones.

player911: I didn't make any changes that should affect the battery usage. Since i'm flashing the original leaked rom to do some comparisons i'll check out TBattery and see what the draw is compared to my modded one..

Edit: Oi! that frickin autover.exe takes decades..

On a side note while I do all this flashing, I was able to port 90% of IE8.12 to WM6.1.. the remaining 10% is the UI and it's kind of useless without that as it renders zoomed out and won't let you zoom in to click stuff.. :p

Last edited:

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Hi Da_G,

Not sure why but every single .DLL in the OEM folder under OEMDrivers show as a Binary Compare mismatch even though the File Size matches.

In the SYS folder, .EXE and .DLL are missing in the Da_G Kitchen but are present in the .62 Rapheal extraction.

If you like, PM me with an FTP point and I will upload the .PDF report that shows the comparison results ... report too big to post on the forum :)

Report Legend
Red = Newer
Light Gray = Older

Blue = On one side but not the other

[EDIT] Wonder why I didn't think of it sooner

http://rapidshare.com/files/194802602/BC2_Report_5.05.405.1_52.58.25.30_1.11.25.01.zip.html

Cheers,

Last edited: