[APP] MixGet v1.1 widget to control Alsa headset volume

Search This thread

koolduud

Sep 4, 2010
It basically presets in software the volume media. The most interesting feature is, if you have installed the lib alsa with this widget, you will be able to set directly the headset volume level in hardware by the lib alsa. And it sets it up again automatically when the mediaplayer starts or stops, avoiding to lose this setting.

No this does not change the Diamond equalizer but it seems that there is no need to set it if you are under JM2/JM5 (to be confirmed by supercurio)

hi gilksen,

so mixget will manipulate only volume and not equalizer. And alsa is needed to power demanding headphones that do not sound loud enough with stock settings. right?

so if my headphone is sounding loud enough, i do not need the mixget fix?

or is there any improvement in sound quality after applying mixget?

zsoft

Nov 22, 2006
Moscow
Has downloaded 1.1 has installed under the instruction, I load phone, I do not see changes (any adjustments hasn't found), why so?
FW: I9000XWJM5

kempas

Aug 12, 2008
Excellent work here.

I'm not sure I quite understand the workings of the application but my ears tell me that it is indeed working very well, also enables my bluetooth headset to be louder now - damn EU volume limits really annoy me, they're my ears...

Anyway, with regards the control, I assume the three radio buttons are the three profiles but when I set slider settings those sliders are the same across the three profiles. When I select a slider it automatically switches to the appropriate radio button so it seems it's only one slider per radio button? In which case, is there a need for the radio buttons at all?

Would perhaps be more finger friendly if the sliders were vertically orientated, you'd have more room them for a longer sliders. Perhaps with a +/- at either end to increment/decrement the setting by 1

Again, thanks for this, I can now listen without having to have the volume up full and over UE Superfi 5 EB iem's the sound is amazing - I was even on the point of getting an external amp, one of the reasons I got the bluetooth receiver was that I was hoping it would give me more volume (accepting probably a lesser quality output with its DACs over those in the phone). Anyone know how it compares quality wise? it's a Samsung SBH650...

kempas

Aug 12, 2008
Okay, sorry but perhaps I'm missing something here.

Does mixget increase the maximum output volume that the SGS allows?

When I reboot my phone I have to manually start mixget. When I select one of the profile or move the slider (which don't seem to save) then it set's the output (media) volume, but when I check the media volume via the standard settings page it has been increased by an appropriate amount, i.e. it appears that setting the volume slider in mixget 'simply' increases the standard media volume slider.

I'm assuming it's doing more than since it does seem louder than before but I guess I'm not truly understanding what it does do. I.e. does it need to be started each time and the sliders set appropriately or has it set permanent volume values in the background automatically?

Could someone explain briefly what mixget does do so that I can get it straight in my head and confirm whether or not it actually is doing that on my phone.

Thanks, forgive my ignorance...:)

gilsken

Jul 31, 2010
in the last version 1.3, the Media Tab is used to setup the media volume, you can save your presets into 3 profiles to switch easily to another if wanted.
In the Alsa Tab, the headset value will be applied to the alsa mixer to bypass the Samsung's presets each time you play a music or a video with your headset on.
I dont have time to test the speaker and the micro volume for the record, but you can play with it if you want in this version.

JoePR31

Jun 6, 2010
Dallas
Flash the update.zip?

Gilsken, you're instructions for installing the alsa library state that we should
- Rename the update_mixget.zip into update.zip
- Reboot in recovery mode

This may be a dumb question, but are we suppose to flash that update.zip or just rename it and reboot as per your instructions? I was about to assume so that we were to flash it just like any other update.zip, but you didn't actually say that in your instructions, so I decided it would be best to ask first.

Bajo76

May 16, 2009
Spreitenbach
This may be a dumb question, but are we suppose to flash that update.zip or just rename it and reboot as per your instructions? I was about to assume so that we were to flash it just like any other update.zip, but you didn't actually say that in your instructions, so I decided it would be best to ask first.

Flash it like other update.zip

00ss0

Jan 11, 2007
the alas volumn only makes your phone sound louder not necessarily improving audio quality

jonni3

Sep 17, 2010
London
Well between Mixget, Mixzing & my Shure E2's I'm one very happy bunny.

My music is now louder & sounds more like it should do, like how the SGS should have sounded to begin with.

Many thanks for making this app :cool:

Last edited:

Prankey

Jun 24, 2008
infcloud.in
Can some of us tweak with Microphone volumes and suggest a good one for normal use (can we use high like 62?) and for noisy environment like windy areas, concerts?

I appreciate the participation. I will try some and post my results.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

I've just released MixGet on the Market to fix the headset issue in this thread

Changelog
    v1.1:
    - New UI, use tab widget in configuration screen.
    - Click on the icon to open the configuration screen, to change the profile, click on the radio button or the seekbar.
    - Split the Media config and the Alsa config
    - Handle video player state to apply the alsa settings
    - Enable/disable the alsa auto settings.
    - Speaker and Micro in alsa is not available for now.
    - minor changes in save/restore presets.

v1.0:
    No need to use adb, no need to root your phone.
    It will save your "media" volume presets into 3 profiles (E)ar, (D)efault, (B)oost.
    Click on the widget icon to change the profile. It also manages the headset low level driver Alsa if your phone is compatible with. Be careful when setting the alsa config if you dont want to hurt your ears ;).
    To install the alsa library (only if you want to try with alsa):
    - Enter to the config screen
    - Click on Update
    - Rename the update_mixget.zip into update.zip
    - Reboot in recovery mode

The headset alsa volume is automatically set when the media player is playing or pausing, no need to set it again then.

This could be use on other smartphones if compatible with the alsa library. If you've already installed the alsa manually, check that you've have permission to run it. If not, delete all the files and re-install it with this widget.

Edit: if you have any problem to grab the update_mixget.zip by the widget, you can download it here and rename to update.zip then copy it on your sdcard.

Credits:
    supercurio :cool: