[Q] Note3 not detected by computer or by Kies3. At same time charging is working fine

Search This thread

Matrixit

Jul 28, 2014
Pune
Hi All,

Hope all are doing well. My partner recently brought this Note3 (rooted) in resale and its working perfectly fine except for following two issues
1) When connected to computer its just charging only. No Mobile Drive found for data copying.
2) Kies is also not detecting this mobile (making it difficult for me to copy media files and other files).

To resolve this issue, I tried "Make sure the Samsung drivers are installed. Power off your phone. Power on the phone in Download mode. (Volume Down + Home + Power) Press Volume Up to continue. Once it's in Download mode, plug it into your computer. Windows should now discover it and load the driver. Once this is complete, unplug the phone from the computer, and pull the battery out of the phone to get out of Download mode. Replace the battery, and power on the phone like normal. It should connect to the computer properly" but no change.

Due to above two things, I am unable to copy data to and fro between computer and this mobile and I can't backup my mobile data to kies nor I can restore my data from old mobile device. I don't want to upgrade O.S on this device for now but I just need access to backup and restore my data and off course to copy data between phone and computer. This phone is rooted is there any commands I can run on it to make it work. Please help.

Any help resolving above issues will be highly appreciated.

Details of my Mobile is as below:
Brand Name: Samsung
Model Number: SM-N9005 (aka note3 32 GB)
Android Version: 4.3
Baseband Version: N9005ZHUMDJ9
Kernel Version: 3.4.0-2061029
se.infra@R0302-09 #1
Tue nov 5 15:01:30 KST 2013
Build number: JSS15J.N9005ZHUDMK1
SELinux Status: Enforcing SEPF_SM-N9005_4.3.0012

As my phone is rooted following is ODIN MODE info
Product Name: SM-N9005
Current Binary: custom
System Status: Custom
Reactivation Lock: OFF
KNOX Kernel Lock: 0x0
Know Warranty VOID: 0x1
Qualcomm SecureBoot: Enable (CSB)
RP SWREW: S2, T2, R2, A2, P2
Write Protection: Enable

Thanks in advance to all.

Note: Phone is charging perfectly fine when connected with usb to computer. However, its not detected by computer as drive or by kies.

Regards,
Matrixit

Last edited:

soumen.sam

May 14, 2014
Hi All,

Hope all are doing well. My partner recently brought this Note3 (rooted) in resale and its working perfectly fine except for following two issues
1) When connected to computer its just charging only. No Mobile Drive found for data copying.
2) Kies is also not detecting this mobile (making it difficult for me to copy media files and other files).

Due to above two things, I am unable to copy data to and fro between computer and this mobile and I can't backup my mobile data to kies nor I can restore my data from old mobile device. I don't want to upgrade O.S on this device for now but I just need access to backup and restore my data and off course to copy data between phone and computer. This phone is rooted is there any commands I can run on it to make it work. Please help.

se.infra@R0302-09 #1

Regards,
Matrixit

I saw a similar issue here (http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/help/problem-connecting-t2802339) and few other people got the same too.

If you mean when connected via USB your PC cannot recognize it or the phone is not appearing in my computer as media device. Then try uninstalling USB driver for the phone and reinstall it, try another USB port. If nothing help then it’s a fault with the USB cable itself. Try another cable, if not help try another again. Its most likely the cable fault.

Reactions: jkobt

Matrixit

Jul 28, 2014
Pune
I saw a similar issue here (http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/help/problem-connecting-t2802339) and few other people got the same too.

If you mean when connected via USB your PC cannot recognize it or the phone is not appearing in my computer as media device. Then try uninstalling USB driver for the phone and reinstall it, try another USB port. If nothing help then it’s a fault with the USB cable itself. Try another cable, if not help try another again. Its most likely the cable fault.

Thanks MacSyn, I already tried all of this still same issue.

I have two note3 (9000 and 9005) mine is 9000 and my partners is 9005. Mine work fine from same computer with same cable attached. Its just the problem with my partners 9005 note3. I tried with four different usb 3 cables, two usb2 cables still same issue.

Is it happening because its rooted? How to resolve this issue or where can I find help to such issue? I didn't posted about my issue anywhere else except here. Because I trust (most of my friends do) XDA.

Please help.

Last edited:

soumen.sam

May 14, 2014
Thanks MacSyn, I already tried all of this still same issue.

I have two note3 (9000 and 9005) mine is 9000 and my partners is 9005. Mine work fine from same computer with same cable attached. Its just the problem with my partners 9005 note3. I tried with four different usb 3 cables, two usb2 cables still same issue.

Is it happening because its rooted? How to resolve this issue or where can I find help to such issue? I didn't posted about my issue anywhere else except here. Because I trust (most of my friends do) XDA.

Please help.

Welcome, If you’ve tried different cables all nothing helped then definitely its the phone end issue. But its hard to say it’s a hardware issue or software end issue. This could be due to rooting or improper rooting. But did it working fine before rooting? However I’ve never heard such issues with rooted device.

Wait for any expert’s feedback or bring your phone to Samsung, they will fix it.

Matrixit

Jul 28, 2014
Pune
Welcome, If you’ve tried different cables all nothing helped then definitely its the phone end issue. But its hard to say it’s a hardware issue or software end issue. This could be due to rooting or improper rooting. But did it working fine before rooting? However I’ve never heard such issues with rooted device.

Wait for any expert’s feedback or bring your phone to Samsung, they will fix it.

Thanks for your response MaxSync.

Do you think Samsung will still support this device as it rooted? I heard that they will not support or service devices which are rooted.

I don't know whether it worked prior to rooted or not, as I received this device rooted (its a resale piece).

If I have to install clean unrooted Original Samsung ROM with current given condition where my Device is not recognized by my PC. What are the options I have, like from where I will get original Samsung ROM and how to hook up this device. I never done rooting/unrooting before.

Details of my Model are as below
se.infra@R0302-09 #1

As my phone is rooted following is ODIN MODE info
Product Name: SM-N9005
Current Binary: custom
System Status: Custom
Reactivation Lock: OFF
KNOX Kernel Lock: 0x0
Know Warranty VOID: 0x1
Qualcomm SecureBoot: Enable (CSB)
RP SWREW: S2, T2, R2, A2, P2
Write Protection: Enable

Thanks again Macsyn.

soumen.sam

May 14, 2014
Thanks for your response MaxSync.

Do you think Samsung will still support this device as it rooted? I heard that they will not support or service devices which are rooted.

I don't know whether it worked prior to rooted or not, as I received this device rooted (its a resale piece).

If I have to install clean unrooted Original Samsung ROM with current given condition where my Device is not recognized by my PC. What are the options I have, like from where I will get original Samsung ROM and how to hook up this device. I never done rooting/unrooting before.

Yes rooting voids warranty. If it is still in warranty period (1yr) and if I were at your place, I would go to service center and tell them the issue and never inform them it is rooted. If they says its rooted and void warranty then I would innocently act like I don’t know anything about it and don’t know how it got rooted. Max time this works. If it’s a software end issue it will take them just few minutes to reinstall the rom.

What I will advice if this doesn’t fix over online then take it to service center and see what they says.

If its not recognized by PC then you cant reinstall by pc. You can get the latest stock firmware at http://www.sammobile.com and I think there would be way to save the rom file in memory card and install it from there. But I’m not sure. Google it.

Also 1st try to hard reset the phone from boot menu (not factory reset from settings). Turn off the phone and by holding 3 keys and wipeout all data and reset. (backup everything before doing this as it will clear all data). See if this solve the issue.

Matrixit

Jul 28, 2014
Pune
Thanks

Thanks Macsyn for you help again.

I tried hard reset on weekend & it didn't worked. I took this phone to service center and they screwed up the phone and given it back saying they don't support international model note 3 9005 as its not yet launched in India.

What are the chances that these note3 of mine is not unlocked one? I mean does Samsung support unlocked models? Can you tell me (or is it a way to find) is it a genuine note3 or unlock note3 or something else?

Last edited:

Official_Noob

Oct 25, 2013
Sin City, Las Vegas, NV

I will try hard reset on weekend & let you know the result.

What are the chances that these note3 of mine is not unlocked one? I mean does Samsung support unlocked models? Can you tell me (or is it a way to find) is it a genuine note3 or unlock note3 or something else?

I actually didn't read all of the replies above so if somebody already solved your problem... sorry.
If you have Developer Options enabled, make sure that USB debugging is not checked.
Also, make sure that Verify Apps Via USB is not checked.

soumen.sam

May 14, 2014
I actually didn't read all of the replies above so if somebody already solved your problem... sorry.
If you have Developer Options enabled, make sure that USB debugging is not checked.
Also, make sure that Verify Apps Via USB is not checked.
Yes also try these aswell, if this helps.

I will try hard reset on weekend & let you know the result.

If you mean service provider unlocked, what I know clone/fake note 3s are never locked as no provider sales these. If it’s a locked phone by your provider then definitely it’s a genuine one. But also check for signs it’s a genuine one or not.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

se.infra@R0302-09 #1

Regards,
    Matrixit