Sprint's Voice and Data outages

Search This thread

ray_longo

Sep 20, 2011
Has anyone been having issues with Sprint's overall Network?...

For the past 5 days i have been experiencing MAJOR issues with "NOW" network! ????
Called twice to Sprint and all they have to tell me is they're either "updating" their towers or I'm using my data during "peek" hours!!! But then, i go online and Google "Sprint's outages map" and come to find out, Long Beach CA has been affected with outages along with other cities in the US since the 23rd of August! You would figure that Sprint customer service would be just a lil more helpful than lie to customers. Guess not!...

What about the rest of you guys?

bwillet

Apr 10, 2006
Both my wife and I have been getting stuck in 3G a LOT lately in the North Atlanta, GA area... Although my Note 3 doesn't hold LTE as well as it should after the KitKat upgrade, cycling mobile data off and back on usually fixes it. But for the last week or so, sometimes I can't get LTE back no matter what. And then it just comes back when I quit paying attention to it. But I'll be happy if they're actually trying to improve things, like they've been saying for the last how many years?

bimmerd00d

Jan 24, 2008
This happened when they did the network vision upgrade in my area. Took about 2 or 3 months for it to stabilize. We'll worth it now honestly

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

chaosrecords

Jun 29, 2010
Erie
They will not report an "outage" if its network vision related or its being upgraded.
Many times if they are adding extra nodes or adding more bandwidth you will lose everything for a few hours, or you will notice your connection constantly dropping and reconnecting ( or at a lower signal) because you are trying to connect to a different tower since the one closest to you is offline being worked on.

The problem is.. everyone else is trying to also connect to that other tower, which overloads it- so people get kicked off or get the lovely 0.02kbps speedtest results.

You will only see an "outage" reported ( that shows up on the web) when either something major happens like a tornado/hurricaine/storm that caused damage, or if some idiot from another utility company accidentally cuts the fiber that goes from the tower to the switch

Reactions: ubigred

bwillet

Apr 10, 2006
And in direct correlation to the adding capacity theory, I noticed Llama was not always showing me at home anymore (Llama uses cell towers to perform actions based on location). Did a re-learn area, and two new cells popped up... The sprint upgrade map shows a LOT of "data speed upgrades" in my area, including the tower closest to my house.

uknow

Sep 20, 2014
Phenix City Al
And in direct correlation to the adding capacity theory, I noticed Llama was not always showing me at home anymore (Llama uses cell towers to perform actions based on location). Did a re-learn area, and two new cells popped up... The sprint upgrade map shows a LOT of "data speed upgrades" in my area, including the tower closest to my house.

The bad thong is sprint want tell you anything other then we have upgrades coming serivxe may be interrupted for a short period

With that said I thunk they have great costumer service

kaice30

Feb 1, 2012
Having the same issues here in CT. I brought my phone in for a repair and the rep said nothing was wrong with my phone. But the towers I was on. The tech on the phone it was hard to believe, I was having issues because, I used over 27gb in the past month. I said yeah, I used about a gig a day streaming .... But, the data is spotty at most, where my streams gets grainy during playback. And before I was getting 8-14 mbs down. Now, I get 3mbs-240kbs down then internet connection failed and this is on 4g.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

ssuraj83

Aug 18, 2011
I had this issue here in FL. I called sprint and I was told they are upgrading the towers around the area(past 3 days) now everything seems to be fine. At least, they credited me $15 on my current bill.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm always having problems with their "overall network"
    They will not report an "outage" if its network vision related or its being upgraded.
    Many times if they are adding extra nodes or adding more bandwidth you will lose everything for a few hours, or you will notice your connection constantly dropping and reconnecting ( or at a lower signal) because you are trying to connect to a different tower since the one closest to you is offline being worked on.

The problem is.. everyone else is trying to also connect to that other tower, which overloads it- so people get kicked off or get the lovely 0.02kbps speedtest results.

You will only see an "outage" reported ( that shows up on the web) when either something major happens like a tornado/hurricaine/storm that caused damage, or if some idiot from another utility company accidentally cuts the fiber that goes from the tower to the switch