[ROM]-[22-APR-2012]-MikTouch-0.5-[Stock, Optimized Sense]

Search This thread

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
I don't know if this is what you're looking for Strapped but take a quick look.

yeah riight.... :Dx10 i thought all was lost with that tool. I dont use vts basically because its to memory heavy on my old tower and its also a bit more confusing to me because of everything it does. Back when i used m10 it was honestly to change lockrings for Sense 3.0 and then i inverted like 54 images for this fusion.apks clock. So now i can depink more as time permits thanks a million.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

WangChung81

Mar 19, 2012
Last question, and I know this is probably silly but this is Sense 3.0 correct? With one rom or another I had 3.6 at one point (think it was Virtuous) but just used it for the Dropbox bump.

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
I know this is kind of old, but just wondering what people think of this ROM compared to RubiX ExpressO or any of the other {HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED} ROMs. I kept hoping someone would finally get all the kinks out of an ICS rom with Sense so I can have 1080p recording (I use it more than you would think) but to no avail. And it looks like HTC has completely and utterly abandoned the device, and nothing I've been able to find compares hardware wise to the MT4G-S.

In short, looking for a new ROM and wondering if this is a decent move from RubiX now that it's almost a year old.
This ROM has a much newer codebase than the Rubix ROM. Little things like GPS and Bluetooth (among other things) were vastly improved by HTC, and to me, it is a bit more responsive. Like you, I love the look of the ICS ROMS, but I keep coming back to this one. Everything here works like it is supposed to work, with no "you gotta do this to make this work" stuff. Because of the licensing for this phone (it is controlled not only by HTC but by T-Mobile, as well), HTC won't (can't?) release the drivers for it, and there seems to be no interest from HTC or T-Mobile in pursuing an update, so our only choices are stock or stock-based ROMs that fully work or ICS/JB ROMS with problems.

siani_8

Dec 13, 2009
Bristol, PA
This ROM has a much newer codebase than the Rubix ROM. Little things like GPS and Bluetooth (among other things) were vastly improved by HTC, and to me, it is a bit more responsive. Like you, I love the look of the ICS ROMS, but I keep coming back to this one. Everything here works like it is supposed to work, with no "you gotta do this to make this work" stuff. Because of the licensing for this phone (it is controlled not only by HTC but by T-Mobile, as well), HTC won't (can't?) release the drivers for it, and there seems to be no interest from HTC or T-Mobile in pursuing an update, so our only choices are stock or stock-based ROMs that fully work or ICS/JB ROMS with problems.

That said, since this is our most solid choice for the stock ROM experience, I would love see it continue to receive future development. This week was a great week with the camera restriction lifted on our device across multiple ROMs!! Maybe next we could see some Tweaks added in or even that extended power menu option. What other surprises could we add in here to set MikTouch even further apart from the rest? I can dream can't I?

Last edited:

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
That said, since this is our most solid choice for the stock ROM experience, I would love see it continue to receive future development. This week was a great week with the camera restriction lifted on our device across multiple ROMs!! Maybe next we could see some Tweaks added in or even that extended power menu option. What other surprises could we add in here to set MikTouch even further apart from the rest? I can dream can't I?
Things I would like to see done with Miktouch are the Leedroid Tweaks added, perhaps. Maybe the HTC widgets from Sense 3.6 (I love the 4x1 weather clock on Sense 3.6/4+ ROMs, though I can replicate it with Fancy Widgets on Miktouch). Because the Beats Audio indicators seem to only work on ICS ROMS right now, it would also be nice if they could be made to work here. While I think Beats Audio is doing something, there is no way to toggle it off/on here so we can know.

siani_8

Dec 13, 2009
Bristol, PA
Things I would like to see done with Miktouch are the Leedroid Tweaks added, perhaps. Maybe the HTC widgets from Sense 3.6 (I love the 4x1 weather clock on Sense 3.6/4+ ROMs, though I can replicate it with Fancy Widgets on Miktouch). Because the Beats Audio indicators seem to only work on ICS ROMS right now, it would also be nice if they could be made to work here. While I think Beats Audio is doing something, there is no way to toggle it off/on here so we can know.

Those would be some pretty sweet additions.

-sent from my nothing is broken MikTouch MT4GS.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
Now THIS is one of the best things about this ROM. Can you get the performance and battery life out of another ROM like this? Running stock kernel (1188max/192min/Interactive/noop) and have Bluetooth always on. Had several long phone conversations, some texting, few photos and uploading them. Using a 1900mAh battery I bought in a shop in Shanghai.

Attachments

• 1351509741329.jpg
    1351509741329.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 84
  • power.jpg
    power.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 86

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
If a couple of you guys have a few and wanna try a kernel......
1.5ghz
Low_cap-level=0 ( no more low battery camera flash warning, can be used till 0% battery)
Smartassv2
Intellidemand
Not much else
...... Send me a pm

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
If a couple of you guys have a few and wanna try a kernel......
1.5ghz
Low_cap-level=0 ( no more low battery camera flash warning, can be used till 0% battery)
Smartassv2
Intellidemand
Not much else
...... Send me a pm

So far it is working just fine. I have it set for 1512/192/smartassv2/noop, so I'll see how battery life is compared to stock.

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
So far it is working just fine. I have it set for 1512/192/smartassv2/noop, so I'll see how battery life is compared to stock.

Good deal! Your device is very picky that's why I emailed you first. I think I'm going to make minor changes at a time so I don't destroy my source. Like I just added sio and vr schedulers. And I think I'll zip it, copy it in about as many places I can and build from that once I look into what more I can add

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
Good deal! Your device is very picky that's why I emailed you first. I think I'm going to make minor changes at a time so I don't destroy my source. Like I just added sio and vr schedulers. And I think I'll zip it, copy it in about as many places I can and build from that once I look into what more I can add

Not sure what was going on, perhaps the kernel is not allowing deep sleep? But battery use with this kernel was really bad. Just sitting idle with Bluetooth and WiFi connected, battery was dropping like a rock. Started with a 100% battery and within less than 3 hours was down to 60% with no other use of the phone. Compare that to my battery use on the stock kernel (I posted pics showing over 48 hours use). Clocking this kernel at 1512 shouldn't have mattered that much since the phone was sitting idle and should be running at the 192min value most of the time (as confirmed by SetCPU). I went back to the stock kernel.

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Not sure what was going on, perhaps the kernel is not allowing deep sleep? But battery use with this kernel was really bad. Just sitting idle with Bluetooth and WiFi connected, battery was dropping like a rock. Started with a 100% battery and within less than 3 hours was down to 60% with no other use of the phone. Compare that to my battery use on the stock kernel (I posted pics showing over 48 hours use). Clocking this kernel at 1512 shouldn't have mattered that much since the phone was sitting idle and should be running at the 192min value most of the time (as confirmed by SetCPU). I went back to the stock kernel.

It's going into deep sleep just fine. I haven't had an issue with battery that I've noticed. But last night I kinda ran a few hours on fumes, of course not overclocked to the max. I'm using voltage control for the simple fact I feel setCPU is horrid. And the free xda version is so outdated its not funny.

I really wish users wouldn't jump ship so fast. That's one of the reasons I'm calling it quits on this device.

Top Liked Posts