[APP][4.0.3+] SickSky Launcher v0.4.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nameh

Aug 28, 2010
Hello Michael,

Great work you did both on Zeam as well as on SickSky!

Just wanted to ask you if you are planning to incorporate user-sorting of applications (something I really missed much on Zeam).

Sure on your mind you have features that you would like to incorporate into SickSky. Are these public so we could comment or at least we would know what to expect and what to be looking forward to? :)

Anyway, thanks again for your work.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: SickSky

rippedwarrior69

Nov 2, 2009
Looks good. Is there a way to swipe the page off instead of hitting the x or back button. Is there going to be widget support. If there is how do you access it. Keep up the good work it looks great.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

bifbof94

Aug 21, 2010
Cant download :(.

Apk please :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Dhiraj

Dec 28, 2010
Please provide latest apk here for those who could not able to download. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: bifbof94

pathologo

Jul 26, 2008
A launcher shouldn't be dependent on the DPI. That's probably also the reason why Play Store says it would be incompatible with various devices cause they're running with a DPI != 240.

SickSky

Aug 13, 2013
Johannesburg
sicksky.com
Hello Michael,

Great work you did both on Zeam as well as on SickSky!

Just wanted to ask you if you are planning to incorporate user-sorting of applications (something I really missed much on Zeam).

Sure on your mind you have features that you would like to incorporate into SickSky. Are these public so we could comment or at least we would know what to expect and what to be looking forward to? :)

Anyway, thanks again for your work.

Thanks. I will probably implement user-sorting in custom shortcut panels in the near future. Not sure yet about the all apps panel. I don't have a public features list just yet :silly:

Looks good. Is there a way to swipe the page off instead of hitting the x or back button. Is there going to be widget support. If there is how do you access it. Keep up the good work it looks great.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Thanks. The problem with swiping panels away is for example in the all apps panel it already needs swiping left/right and those panels that need to scroll up/down and not sure what touch events future panels will need. Hence the X or back for now. There might be a widget type panel in the future, not sure how it would work yet though.

krobin

Aug 12, 2012
Gracias. Hope to see some home widget capabilities soon and this would b my prime launcher :D

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

droidkeyboardfan12

Dec 30, 2012
LineageOS
Samsung Galaxy A73 5G
i really love zeam i just hope this new launcher will be as a small on memory as your earlier one. please please make it as a tiny as humanly possible. I never use anything more then the first screen and i have only like 4 icons on it. I figure the less memory the battery life.

Reactions: peter-k

peter-k

Jul 31, 2013
Singapore
Same here. I have passed my phase of having 5 screens full of widget stuff. It only takes resources, and does not save time or work. Most of the time I anyway kept on trying to squeeze everything relevant on one screen. So why not leave the lesser relevant out to start with?

Now I only need calendar, weather, and a Wifi connector widget which gives me the names of the connection. The rest are a handful shortcuts. Fits on 1 1/2 vertical scroll screens. I have SickSky as my secondary launcher, it looks slicker and comes pretty close to what I need. As soon as there is a shortcut screen, or something like a shortcut floater it will be my primary launcher.

SickSky

Aug 13, 2013
Johannesburg
sicksky.com
Same here. I have passed my phase of having 5 screens full of widget stuff. It only takes resources, and does not save time or work. Most of the time I anyway kept on trying to squeeze everything relevant on one screen. So why not leave the lesser relevant out to start with?

Now I only need calendar, weather, and a Wifi connector widget which gives me the names of the connection. The rest are a handful shortcuts. Fits on 1 1/2 vertical scroll screens. I have SickSky as my secondary launcher, it looks slicker and comes pretty close to what I need. As soon as there is a shortcut screen, or something like a shortcut floater it will be my primary launcher.

Thanks for the feedback. Currently working on some sort of shortcuts solution for the next release.

please please make it as a tiny as humanly possible.

Of course :D

insann

Apr 16, 2012
This is just awesome. Are you thinking of making possible to create custom panels in the future? Love the minimalistic but have too many apps to make it efficient.

Amazing work anyway! :D

PS: Another thought. Make the opposite gesture to get back to home panel

Last edited:

Hige

May 24, 2007
Sintra
www.gteixeira.net
Really neat launcher!

Besides some of requested features i would love to see a vertical app drawer with continuous slide like nova have!
When you add this feature i'll use it has my main launcher for sure!

Keep up the good work! ;)

peter-k

Jul 31, 2013
Singapore
snip ...
Thanks for the feedback. Currently working on some sort of shortcuts solution for the next release.

That's good to hear. I trust it will be a smart solution again.

A button that makes the notification area sliding down and then 5 or 6 extra buttons would be all I need. Or a side bar. I also like the Smart Launchers system with its app drawer's sorting in app-types, and it's few simple buttons on the opening screen.

A vision: One screen - the main screen that is empty now - working as a kind of universal information display screen, such as showing the last message(s) / call(s), or wifi connections and strength / speed, or battery usage and some selected system data, or the last picture taken, the last song(s) listened to, all such things. Something in the line which Sony intended with Timescape, but did not implement it consequently. But only if it does not take 50 megs as a foreground service. I'd pay for it as an add-on.

Samiej6

Mar 21, 2009
Will it be possible to set up the weather panel in the coming versions?

At the moment this panel doesn't show any information.

Sent from my iOCEAN X7 using xda app-developers app

nameh

Aug 28, 2010
I can see that every user has his own idea of what an ideal launcher should look like. Some ideas - in my eyes are against the original idea of Zeam launcher which in terms of simplicity and minimalism seems as a predecessor to the SickSky (correct me if I am wrong). I would love to see SickSky heading in a similar minimalist direction.

Myself (with Zeam launcher), I do not use widgets, my screens are completely blank and only thing I use is the drawer with the 5 most used applications. For anything else I go to the application list. The only thing that annoys me it gets re-sorted everytime I install/uninstall an application. Using the launcher in this manner, some ideas written in previous posts do not make much sense. But I accept everyones idea.

Anyway the thing I wanted to say is: if you - Michael - have an idea what SickSky should be like, please share it with us. It would probably be good to know in which direction to point our pleas and wishes.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts