[Q] Verizon HTC ONE Unlock bootloader after 4.3

Search This thread

htc305

Jan 28, 2014
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has come to the conclusion here of how to unlock the bootloader on htc one verizon in order to gain s-off and root privileges...I purchased my phone a couple months back and until now is when I decided to root but I can't use htcdev website...so does anyone know how to go about rooting and unlocking ...I'm a newbie..to unlocking bootloaders never had to before..!

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has come to the conclusion here of how to unlock the bootloader on htc one verizon in order to gain s-off and root privileges...I purchased my phone a couple months back and until now is when I decided to root but I can't use htcdev website...so does anyone know how to go about rooting and unlocking ...I'm a newbie..to unlocking bootloaders never had to before..!

Currently you have to be on 4.2.2 in order to use rumrunner to gain s-off. Sounds like we'll have an updated method soon, though.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

htc305

Jan 28, 2014
Currently you have to be on 4.2.2 in order to use rumrunner to gain s-off. Sounds like we'll have an updated method soon, though.

thanks... is there any way of going back to that OTA by any chance? i am currently on 4.3 software 2.10.605.1 btw

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
thanks... is there any way of going back to that OTA by any chance? i am currently on 4.3 software 2.10.605.1 btw

I'm not sure when the new method of s-off will be available, but your best bet would be not to take the 4.4 update from Verizon since you can't downgrade like the previous post mentions.

airmale56

Sep 27, 2013
Where to find new method when available?

I'm not sure when the new method of s-off will be available, but your best bet would be not to take the 4.4 update from Verizon since you can't downgrade like the previous post mentions.

Newbie here, my head is ready to explode from all the forums I have been reading, I have a Verizon HTC One with version 4.3, from what I understand I can not root my phone till an update for for 4.3 is made. Where would I find this updated method also with the best tutorial to root my phone that I could educate my self further before the update is method is available .......any and all information would greatly be appreciated.

Thank You

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
Newbie here, my head is ready to explode from all the forums I have been reading, I have a Verizon HTC One with version 4.3, from what I understand I can not root my phone till an update for for 4.3 is made. Where would I find this updated method also with the best tutorial to root my phone that I could educate my self further before the update is method is available .......any and all information would greatly be appreciated.

Thank You

Right, if you're on 4.3 you're stuck for now. It will posted in the Original Android Development section when it's ready. The instructions for the method will be in the thread when it's posted.

Ramengelion

Dec 13, 2010
I had a similar problem. Just get into a live chat with a customer service rep and say the phone hasn't been working properly since the update. They ship out phones with 4.2.2!

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
I had a similar problem. Just get into a live chat with a customer service rep and say the phone hasn't been working properly since the update. They ship out phones with 4.2.2!

It won't be long until we get s-off for 4.3. I did the replacement thing, but the phone had gaps and didn't line up...had the camera issue too. I sent it back. I'd rather have my original phone over a refurb. Just my .02 though.

wwindexx

Jan 30, 2014
Pittsburgh
In case you haven't seen it by now, the new S-Off program is called firewater, and you can follow them on twitter @firewaterdevs. They have posted a video of it in action on youtube. Lets keep our fingers crossed that it is released soon.

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010
It's tough to say... the S4 got the 4.3 update before any other carrier surprisingly. Whether or not that was just a mad push to sell more Galaxy Gear I dunno, but perhaps their updates are starting to roll out quicker these days.

Probably a ploy to push out the Galaxy Gears. Verizon is all about $$$$$.

Crawshayi

May 7, 2012
Probably a ploy to push out the Galaxy Gears. Verizon is all about $$$$$.

Perhaps. In my eyes all the carriers are all about the $$$$$.

On the other hand you would think Verizon wouldn't make such foolish decisions such as delaying the One for FIVE MONTHS. I bet they lost tons of money trying to sell their crappy Droid lineup and failing miserably. They also delayed the S4 by about a month behind other carriers. I really don't know what goes through their head honestly. Whatever it is, it's not intelligence...

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010
Perhaps. In my eyes all the carriers are all about the $$$$$.

On the other hand you would think Verizon wouldn't make such foolish decisions such as delaying the One for FIVE MONTHS. I bet they lost tons of money trying to sell their crappy Droid lineup and failing miserably. They also delayed the S4 by about a month behind other carriers. I really don't know what goes through their head honestly. Whatever it is, it's not intelligence...

Verizon and logic just don't seem to go hand in hand.