[APP] New Blimps 2.0 - Floating Dialer Buttons

Search This thread

gasparzim

Feb 10, 2011
Somwhere over the Rainbow
I like the idea, but do you mind if I drop this here?
Just an idea.:)

Blimps - Floating dialer features

Hi all,

here is my latest app. its called Blimps and its very simple.
i often find myself doing something else with my phone while talking on it. like : SMS, chat, Mails...
by doing something else i always send my dialer to the background and loosing the control of my call options (mute, speaker, hangup...)
whenever i want to use my dialer options i need to stop what i was doing -> pull down the notification bar -> press the dialer -> use it (long time)
well... NO MORE.
With Blimps the dialer features floats (and movable) on top of your screen and you can do whatever whenever while talking with someone.
for now I've created 2 floating features which are Speaker & Hangup button. if all goes well i plan to release more handy features in the future.

As you all know Android has many OS UIs (Touchwiz, LG UI....) so it hasn't been tested on every one of them.
So if you can help me check Blimps on different UIs I'll appreciate your feedback.

Tested on :
- Nexus devices
- HTC One
- SGS 3/ 4

Checkout short video:

Features :
- Compatible with Android 4.0+
- Floating End cal & Loud Speaker Buttons (more to come)
- dynamic positioning on screen
- proximity enable/disable to prevent clicking mistakes
- older phones with 4.0+ and LESS than 1GB ram might have resources issues

Play store link : Blimps

Attachments

• blimps.jpg
    blimps.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 416

morgej

Nov 20, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
A feature I would love to see is the ability to bring up a small number dialer to send tones.

THis would be super helpful for entering conference code digits while looking at an email or calendar entry.

Reactions: harshsaini

CurlyY

Mar 2, 2011
www.curlyygroup.com

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
yes

love it, thinking about it... ;)

thx

Also when touch the speaker icon, have the ability to mute. a dial pad and a mute are a must for conference call. Thanks.

Edit: your app has solved my wife complaints, she was having issue with the stock swipe down, since while swiping down, her hand covered the sensor which turn off the screen. There's an option to disable the sensor but It would kill her battery if the screen stay on.

Last edited:

adrianblack

Mar 22, 2008
West Coast
A feature I would love to see is the ability to bring up a small number dialer to send tones.

THis would be super helpful for entering conference code digits while looking at an email or calendar entry.

OH yes, do I second that. I'm dialing into conference calls all the time and it's such a pain to have to copy and paste the access code. (Yes, I have a hard time remembering a 6 digit code, LOL.

Also, for me, having simply a floating mute button would be a godsend! Sometimes I need to dart out of the dialer and I like to stay muted on conference calls when I'm not talking.

Touchwiz (ew I know) at least has mute and speaker as a notification in the drop down, but a floater would be amazing.

Reactions: harshsaini

CurlyY

Mar 2, 2011
www.curlyygroup.com
We all waiting for a new update...can't wait!! please. Thanks.

hi,

Just now released a new version (1.3) with new modifications.

BTW -
I'm working on a major update that will include more features (between projects...).
hope this one will be OK for now ;)

again thanks for all feedback it helps allot :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Blimps 2.0 - Floating Dialer Features

Hi all,

Its back and its 2.0 !
    With Blimps the dialer buttons floats on top of your screen and you can do whatever whenever while talking with someone.

New UI and new floating Buttons
    What's Floating:
    - Hide'em
    - End call
    - Loud Speaker
    - Mute
    - Quick Note
    - Dialer (might have 5 sec. delay after pressing the home button)

Features :
    - Compatible with Android 6.0.1+
    - Dynamic positioning on screen (hide mode)
    - Proximity enable/disable to prevent clicking mistakes

I often find myself doing something else with my phone while talking on it. like : SMS, chat, Mails...
    by doing something else i always send my dialer to the background and loosing the control of my call options (mute, speaker, hangup...)
    whenever i want to use my dialer options i need to stop what i was doing -> pull down the notification bar -> press the dialer -> use it (long time)
    well... NO MORE.

As you all know Android has many OS UIs (Touchwiz, LG UI....) so it hasn't been tested on every one of them.
    So if you can help me check Blimps on different UIs I'll appreciate your feedback.

Checkout short video:

Play store link : Blimps

changelog :

2.0 -
    - New UI
    - New Buttons

1.3 -
    - Visual loud speaker state
    - choosing the Blimps default position (Left / Right)
    - New Splash screen
    ** still working on the major version update with more buttons

We all waiting for a new update...can't wait!! please. Thanks.

hi,

Just now released a new version (1.3) with new modifications.

BTW -
    I'm working on a major update that will include more features (between projects...).
    hope this one will be OK for now ;)

again thanks for all feedback it helps allot :good:
    Thanks for this useful app :good:

Can u implement some features from Call Popout like grouping all the options under one movable head (like facebook chat head) and have more options like the call time, silence the ring, pick up, hang up... etc, as Call Popout development seems to be discontinued.
    Same happens on each phone I've tested. IR led keeps on after finishing a call outside the phone app UI, with the blimps end call button. Until I kill blimps process.

Released new version with a fix.
    updated in PLAY store and on thread 1st page

thanks for the feedback :good: