OTA to 4.4.3 for falcon_umts.Retail.en.US captured!

Search This thread

rogeriorp

Dec 11, 2013
I thought the xt1032 model was the global gsm varient. In any event mine wouldn't update with the touch cwm. When I tried to flash stock recovery with moto aio I ended up with a no command error etc and haven't been able to flash anything since o(

That IS the stock recovery, if you'd search on the forum you would find out that there is another step in order to access the recovery options: hold vol up for about 15 seconds and tap power, releasing both at the same time. It could be tricky but keep trying that it will work.

That IS the stock recovery, if you'd search on the forum you would find out that there is another step in order to access the recovery options: hold vol up for about 15 seconds and tap power, releasing both at the same time. It could be tricky but keep trying that it will work.

Thanks I didn't know that I'll try the ota again tomorrow then and also pull it out if cache and try and apply from SD if it fails. I did try to flash back cwm recovery but it didn't work with aio moto g the no command dead robot still appears o)

Accessing the stock recovery menu is the least of my problems now lol. Incidentally once in stock recovery you press and hold up, immediately press and release power and then release up.

I first got a browser apk error, uninstalling the aosp browser resolved this. I then received a build.prop error, manually rediting this solved the problem. Then i received a system framework/core.odex error which i didnt resolve, i then went and accidentally deodexed the system apps and ended up with the same unexpected contents message for the system apps odex files.

Im just wondering if its easier to restore the system.img files from the original jelly bean image i dont think you can from the ota for kit kat 4.4.2, or to try and recover the files manaually.

If anyone is still on 4.4.2 and is willing to zip up the odex files from the system/app directory as well as core.jar and core.odex from system/ framework it would be greatly appreciated, after this update i will definately make a backup of these files.

There may be other files to follow too, i wont know until i try and patch it again after restoring these files.

I also wiped the dalvik cache but dont believe this would prevent the installation, not at this point anyhow.

Thanks

Edit: If you're on 4.4.2 or 4.4.3 please post your core.jar and core.odexfiles as they wernt modified with the update. Its 4.4.2 only for the odexes as apks like TTS were modified. If I can figure out how to flash custom back maybe I can recover the system/app odexes, the other two would be the same - it didn't work the other day with aio.

Last edited:

tifossi88

Dec 29, 2013
Hi there. This is my first post here. Your upload worked fine to me (I have XT1032)

My steps were:

1) Flash Retail US Blur_Version.174.44.1.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US (475 MB sized file) from Motorola Firmware page

2) Install Recovery "Philz Touch Advanced CWM Recovery for Motorola Moto G", featuring one click setup. Make sure having USB debugging ON.
Inside the forum,or google it there you can find it with a step-by-step guide and download links:

3) Download OTA 4.4.3 file showed on this thread.

4) Move OTA file to your XT1032

5) Turn off your phone, then boot to recovery Philz (Power + Vol-), and choose install from zip file the OTA.

6) Done, your 4.4.3 Moto G is up to date.

Hope these steps may be useful for someone else
Thank you very much, people!!!!

EDIT: The only issue I have now, I cannot to use or install any custom recover for then root the phone (tried with CWM 6.0.4.7 Falcon, and Philz I've told you some lines before, and none works) .

Last edited:
Reactions: l36320

remo0073

May 28, 2014
ITALY
Which version? I suspect my version could be a little old.

I installed TWRP recovery (last version) with Fastboot (not MotoTool) but I had to do a double flash
I don't know why
One flash was not enough

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot reboot

Of course you have to re-name the file your custom recovery in "recovery"

dark ryder

Jan 7, 2012
Everyone is asking for a guide on how to work the US version on our XT1033. but doesn't look like anyone has put it up! Could some one please help out. A detailed guide please.

joker80

May 11, 2014
Hi there. This is my first post here. Your upload worked fine to me (I have XT1032)

My steps were:

1) Flash Retail US Blur_Version.174.44.1.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US (475 MB sized file) from Motorola Firmware page

2) Install Recovery "Philz Touch Advanced CWM Recovery for Motorola Moto G", featuring one click setup. Make sure having USB debugging ON.
Inside the forum,or google it there you can find it with a step-by-step guide and download links:

3) Download OTA 4.4.3 file showed on this thread.

4) Move OTA file to your XT1032

5) Turn off your phone, then boot to recovery Philz (Power + Vol-), and choose install from zip file the OTA.

6) Done, your 4.4.3 Moto G is up to date.

Hope these steps may be useful for someone else
Thank you very much, people!!!!

EDIT: The only issue I have now, I cannot to use or install any custom recover for then root the phone (tried with CWM 6.0.4.7 Falcon, and Philz I've told you some lines before, and none works) .

16gb or 8gb ? which 16gb ?

If your getting errors when updating, you could just simply push the spacechunk files from the 4.4.2 image file.

If not and you wish to fix each unexpected contents error one by one, I have attached all of the files that had been modified or were missing in my case and others that have been mentioned by others.

core.odex
systemui.apk
build.prop

If you deodexed your system those files are also included.

If youve installed AOSP browser, remember to uninstall it.

These are for the 4.4.2 XT1032 Global GSM Model (USA purchased but all the same, im sure the files would be cross compatible with other models too.

Maybe someone could make this into a flashable zip for CWM and Stock.

Important System Files required for 4.4.3 update
http://www.4shared.com/zip/EzNr1W0ece/442_unmodified_sysfiles_for_44.html

Firmware Files
http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=14[/QUOTE]

Tip: once you've updated to 4.4.3, I would do a system only backup with CWM. If you have similar unexpected contents error for the next update simply recover the system backup and then reapply.

Last edited:

qd42

Apr 6, 2014
Mother Russia
Anyone who install this update can you please check list of supported languages (main language, for interface)? Has it Russian language (Русский) there?
4.4.2 version is not have it so I have a little hope for this update.

Top Liked Posts