[16-JUL-2011] pcarvalho eXtreme ROM

Search This thread

pcarvalho

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2008
After being disappointed by the previous Win65 roms, this one is truly amazing! I thought I will give it a try and the ROM is very stable, responsive, and finally, much faster than other ROMS, even the 6.1 ones! Programs are also working well except Windows Live Messenger. Has anyone managed to sign in?

good 2 know you like it...

please check your connection, there is no problem with WLM...

just a heads up:
version for radio 1.59 (and above) is almost complete, tomorrow its out, finalizing tests on it...

Last edited:

larbke666

Jul 14, 2008
Antwerp
did you HR before restoring everything?

message error is strange as noone else ever reported it...please HR and/or reFlash and let me know how it goes...

cheers

I've had that problem before pcar... It's something to do with the names of the contacts. When you just press: Add Receipient, and then send, it works. But if you type a name, and then press send, it can fail. I've had that with my gf. She was called "<3 Chloé", and when I send the message, i got the error, when i didn't add her through ADD RECEIPIENTS

pcarvalho

Jan 6, 2008
I've had that problem before pcar... It's something to do with the names of the contacts. When you just press: Add Receipient, and then send, it works. But if you type a name, and then press send, it can fail. I've had that with my gf. She was called "<3 Chloé", and when I send the message, i got the error, when i didn't add her through ADD RECEIPIENTS

ok, gonna check whats happening...thanks

bnm7bnm

Mar 11, 2008
pcarvalho will you release light rom?

i was sick so i didnt visit forum last days now i see great news you release new rom but i saw post you said light rom will be released so id prefer waiting for the light rom.....is it still actual?

and another question, in tnew rom the taskbar bug exist?

pcarvalho

Jan 6, 2008
pcarvalho will you release light rom?

i was sick so i didnt visit forum last days now i see great news you release new rom but i saw post you said light rom will be released so id prefer waiting for the light rom.....is it still actual?

and another question, in tnew rom the taskbar bug exist?

yes light will be out...

what taskbar bug?

merkman

Feb 9, 2007
Interested in trying 6.5, but always a little nervous about what I'll get. Not because flashing it tough, it's always easy. Or because I'm worried about my data, since Outlook has rarely let me down. No, what I'm worried about is will I have the apps I want and need under the rom.

Currently, I'm using Scheckler's (sorry about the sp.) rom with only 2D. It's been quite stable, has the 12MB page file which keeps things pretty speeds, and allowed me to run QuickGPS and iGuidance 4, Opera, IE, and Skyfire, as well as including Internet Sharing for tethering my laptops, etc. (Running iGuidance 2009 now, and not needing a seperate app to run in the background for my nav software to run is awesome. Thank goodness that quirk is over! ;) )

That said, I don't install games on my Pocket PC. Never found any worth having. And as long as I can run CorePlayer for the occasional movie while stuck in a doctor's office or on a plane... I'm a happy guy.

Have had problems with meetings showing up correctly on my Today screen. Would love a screen shot of Today screen each of you are running if anyone has time. I keep hearing Titanium isn't very good, and some spb 3 is better. But I don't really know what that means... :rolleyes:

But I really appreciate these forums, and all the work pcarvalho and others are putting forth. Well done everyone, and have a great morning! :cool:

Last edited:

jeed dina

Nov 17, 2008
shah alam
jeed dina
Open the folder where your album is on your pc.
Make sure you can see hidden files "click tools, folder options, the view tab, and check show hidden files and folders".If you have got album art on wmp on your pc you should see AlbumArtSmall.jpg in the folder copy that to the album folder on your phone.
If that doesnt work here is a audio manager panel http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=514637

hmmm,still cant get it..is the step mention are only for .wma files,mine all in .mp3 files.i dont know how to make the albumartsmall.jpg works on mp3,usually in m2d i use mp3tag..
plus in the link you gave to me,where can i find the titanium.cpr??i have an error when installing dat plugin.

larbke666

Jul 14, 2008
Antwerp
I'm waiting for a release of you which can handle my 1.65.30.09 radio pcar.. Hurry, lol, nah kidding, take your time :)

chris10230

May 19, 2008
I keep hearing Titanium isn't very good, and some spb 3 is better. But I don't really know what that means... :rolleyes:

SPB 3 is SPB Mobile Shell 3, NOT FREE, and it in my opinion better than manilla 2D, dont know about titanium as i havent had time in the past weeks to flash anything (dam exams!) but it looks nice just not that intuitive amazing as it could have been.

Also @pcarvalho :D to the 3.19 release, only wish i had time to play with it! But as they say thats life.

larbke666

Jul 14, 2008
Antwerp
If you would need a splash screen...

splash.zip contains the splash.nb file to be included in your rom, which is actually the same image as the welcomehead.96, but without the loading and in the 240x320 format.

Owh yeah BTW: i can't seem to install custom taskbar icons.. I can't even copy my shellres.96.dll file to my desktop...
When i try to install a taskbar, it says it is signed with an unsinged certificate, any idea?

EDIT: I added a animated.gif file too... I should go for the splash and the animated for sure :) (for others to use, just copy animated.gif and/or welcomehead.96.jpg into your Windows folder)

Attachments

• splash.zip
    11.4 KB · Views: 13
  • welcomehead.96.jpg
    welcomehead.96.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 89
  • animated.zip
    33.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

pcarvalho

Jan 6, 2008
If you would need a splash screen...

splash.zip contains the splash.nb file to be included in your rom, which is actually the same image as the welcomehead.96, but without the loading and in the 240x320 format.

Owh yeah BTW: i can't seem to install custom taskbar icons.. I can't even copy my shellres.96.dll file to my desktop...
When i try to install a taskbar, it says it is signed with an unsinged certificate, any idea?

EDIT: I added a animated.gif file too... I should go for the splash and the animated for sure :) (for others to use, just copy animated.gif and/or welcomehead.96.jpg into your Windows folder)

thanks but i already have a splash for my rom...it will be out one of these days ;)

what i know is that taskbar icons 4 wm65 are talked about here...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=503647

cheers

bnm7bnm

Mar 11, 2008
hi pcarvalho couldn't wait for lite version so flashed this rom, then flashed pdaviet 21234 then back to this...

taskbar icons in this rom are old square wm6.1 & battery/clock not aligned, maybe its just me but its first thing i notice everytime i use phone so it bugs me...... in pdaviet 21234 the icons are new rounded wm6.5 but battery icon is customized with percents & also not aligned - is it bug in wm6.5 build?

file scrolling in file explorer is definetly faster with pdaviet rom but after installing openvg driver it looks the same.

is there reason why you use opera 15319? i always use 15529 cause it works with flash 3.1 & i can see any video inside browser

p.s
about splash screen i'd recommend 3lit3 its the best i saw in any rom for any device - looks more original then the original...

jeed dina

Nov 17, 2008
shah alam
call filter??

guys did you all have install any call filter application on this rom, mine old magiccall wont work,in this rom...:(

any suggestion..really need this app in my device..thnaks

p/s: this rom almost complete,every second,minute and hour past by...:D:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    build 29020 is out...

test it and let me know about issues...

cheers

Link:
    WM65_HTC_Polaris_29020_WWE_Beta1.rar
    I have tried this solution but it only works for once......

after that there is no sound on the device.....its like i have a dead speaker....no tones no nothing.....

any other solution or a re-cooked rom with the problem pre-fixed?

hi greekfragma,

im currently uploading a fixed rom, removed the app that made these sound issues happen...

once its uploaded ill post here its link...

cheers

29022:
    http://www.fileserve.com/file/Hb9DAMB
    next up...

COM3 build 29017 has:
    -htc volume control (goodbye old wm volume control)
    -newer sip menu (now works like newer devices)
    -new utask by ultrashot (press and hold taskmanager for settings)
    -sip icon overlap fix in phonecanvas (now 2G dialer should be without glitches)...

major issues:
    -since its COM3 phonecanvas/screenlock may have issues that need to get debugged

-ezinput also has an issue, one can now change layout/languages alot easier but to make things work after every change touch input settings (sip menu item) has to be run, some layouts my be unfinished still...

alpha state is just cause i need people to test it...other then that its fully working rom...

cheers

LINK:
    pcarvalho eXtreme 29017 alpha fileserve (10-04-2011)

pcarvalho eXtreme 29017 alpha hotfile (10-04-2011)
    hi my fellow htc cruise owners

before i begin thank you those that believed in me and that due to my absense got worried...i am...ok...worrie no more please...

sorry for being away for so long but both work and personal life made it very hard to finish what i was doing...that was at the time...fixing stuff 2 make our polaris work a bit more a bit longer...

meanwhile i had a complete system break down, i had copies but not very updated and i would have 2 remake most of the rom all over again

all my efforts went, sort to say, down the drain...

i even managed 2 loose all my passwords, cause i saved them all in my browser (stupid me :) )...including xda forum one...

additionally my own htc polaris also failed me, on one of my last capable attempts on making a android rom...

i ended up losing 50% of the storage capacity...

all these events leaded 2 my total and complete lost in work and ability to bring my simple attempt on making a bug less rom to a final stage...

all and all it was a fun stage...i enjoyed it a lot...hope some of u enjoyed it too...

again sorry for being away for such a long long time...but i only was able to recover my account password 2 weeks ago...

since i had no more working kitchen nor workable device i decided 2 move on a month or so ago...

i have joined the android era...

gotten a new device and will start finding out how android OS is made up, once i have the time (if i ever will have it any time soon)...

again thank you to all...

if u ever need any help please contact me via PM (something i also have 2 take care cause my PM box got a bit full)

cheers
    whats to come...

build 29020 SYS
    major issues since my last alpha release should now be fixed (email/wifi, incall volume)
    threaded email
    added screen rotation app
    new lockscreen layout
    new wallpaper