[KERNEL][8th-Dec] YA-OK! Yet-another Optimised Kernel (v1.50 Update)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

elhpianist

Sep 3, 2010
Ok
1s how do i got 2 recovery menu wher is this or what do u mean with tha i'm sry but i am a noob i dit all this just by cliking on the apps. A problem is i don t know if i hat a backup i dit the lag fix 3 times in the row after any restart i thot it wolt undo it this way...

Thx for the help

With all due respect, if you don't know how to do basic things like getting into recovery mode, you shouldn't be flashing kernels, or ROMS for that matter!!

Now I don't really understand your problem. But if you are using YA-OK kernel and you want to disabled lagfix. Turn off your phone.

Press Volume button UP + MENU + POWER Button, when the screen turns on, release the power button, and you should enter a green screen with green writing - That is call recovery mode.

But seriously, if I were you I would research a little bit more, I don't want to be held responsible if you can't do basic things e.g like getting into recovery mode :confused:

Arapis

Dec 23, 2010
With all due respect, if you don't know how to do basic things like getting into recovery mode, you shouldn't be flashing kernels, or ROMS for that matter!!

Now I don't really understand your problem. But if you are using YA-OK kernel and you want to disabled lagfix. Turn off your phone.

Press Volume button UP + MENU + POWER Button, when the screen turns on, release the power button, and you should enter a green screen with green writing - That is call recovery mode.

But seriously, if I were you I would research a little bit more, I don't want to be held responsible if you can't do basic things e.g like getting into recovery mode :confused:

Sry i wos not ready with the first replay if u see it again u will see that i don t find that menu ther that s why i ask u
sry for the troble

Arapis

Dec 23, 2010
Hi,

To disabled lagfix, go into recovery menu, and under ULF menu, select disabled lagfix. Then reboot into recovery, it will give you an option of backup and restore, and select that, then your phone will convert all your previous lagfixes back to RFS.

And you can not underclock the CPU back to 1Ghz. The whole point of using this is for the overclocking. If you don't want to overclock, there are other kernels like speedmod.

Hi
Me again

i dit this like u say with
1 difrent thing on the menu that i get i hat 2 got 2 advanced ULK features 2 fint the disable lagfix. After i dit this i use restore on the buckup and restore option and then i get this. " Couldn't open directory no files found" it loks like o don t get a buck up so what can i do now?
If i don t get the lagfix off then i can' t flash 2 get my syatem back 2 normal

so same thing els: my display freeze when i use asphalt5, hero of sparta, rockplayer.

Last edited:

Arapis

Dec 23, 2010
Hi again
It seams that her is now 1 who knows how 2 help me. ....
What ever i hew a new question i read this on the first paeg
I installed this kernel on a JPO-based ROM. But it seems that there are no changes, reported RAM is 341 mb but Quadrant is about 1000.

You need to enable lagfix yourself by going to recovery mode, and select ULK option for all the possible choices of lagfix.

The question is i hew JPO rom so if i din t instal any lagfix from recovery mode then is this meaning tha ther is no lagfix on my system so i don t hew 2 wory about lagfix so tha i can flash my sgs 2 the original system;
How can i get off this kernel and go 2 the normaly is a flash enough

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, this is yet another (shameless) attempt to optimise the kernel for our Galaxy-S (i9000) by taking tweaks implemented by various xda developers. The aim at this moment is to 'integrate' all the desirable tweaks, since I'm still grasping the ins and outs of Linux kernel to experiment some of the possible tweaks myself.

Not sure how far I would bring this thread forward, because I will be working on a project (my day job) very soon again, so I'm going to enjoy/do while I can.

Key Implementation

• based on JPM kernel
    • sztupy's Universal Lag Fix (v0.3)
    • hardcore's Free Memory config (341MB)
    • raspdeep's Overclock (v1.1)
    • hardcore's SpeedMod (Tweaks + Compiler Optimisation) with Jhash update
    • supercurio Voodoo Display tweak (Gamma Correction and Improve Sharpness)
    • neldar's Backlight Notification (BLN, v2.2, enabled via ULF in recovery mode)
    • Budget Fair Queuing (BFQ) I/O Scheduler

I also made some minor modification to other codes to experiment the overclock enhancement. It's in this build but may not have any effect.

Please refer to this link for the latest download

See this video of my Galaxy S running on Ya-OK kernel. Video playback, internet browsing, gaming, UI navigation.

attached is the screenshot of quadrant, on a JPM-based ROM with EXT4 on all partition.

attachment.php

CREDITS

in no order of priority.

1. supercurio
    2. sztupy
    3. raspdeep
    4. hardcore
    5. neldar
    6. and rest of folks in xda-developers who have contributed one way or another
    DOWNLOAD HISTORY

v1.50 (build 38) - 8th December
    • Updated Overclock to 1.12GHz
    • Updated Kernel Scheduler parameter (sched_min_granularity_ns & sched_wakeup_granularity_ns) to give more priority to foreground application, therefore improving the fluidity of the UI experience. From brief research, these are the key parameters used to tune kernel between a server (therefore higher values) and a desktop.
    • CWM version available here

v1.45 (build 35) - 5th December
    • Fixed stability issue in v1.40 by reverting to the voltage profile used in v1.2b.

v1.40 (build 34) - 28th November
    • Added BFQ (Budget Fair Queuing) I/O Scheduler and set BFQ as the default I/O Scheduler. The aim is to boost I/O throughput, reduce the latency. Please refer to this site for more information

v1.31 (build 31) - 24th November
    • Bug fix on /system mount to prevent filesystem corruption in /system
    • Does not include fix, please refer to supercurio's thread on how to correct the corrupted filesystem if you are encountering problem with your device.

v1.3 (build 30) - 20th November
    • Refined voltage level for cpu frequency 100/200 MHz. Effectively, reduce 75mV for 100/200, and 25mV for 400/800 (same as 1.2b). Again not user configurable for now, though I may implement it if people are finding the UV feature is causing unstability.
    • Upgraded Backlight Notification (BLN) to v2.2 (Please test and feedback)
    • Minor optimisation on kernel configuration (PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY, UACCESS_WITH_MEMCPY)

v1.2b - 2nd November (2585 downloads)
    • Refined voltage level for cpu frequency 100/200 MHz. Effectively, reduce 50mV for 100/200, and 25mV for 400/800. Again not user configurable for now, and once raspdeep released his UV code I may implement it if people are finding the UV feature is causing unstability.

v1.2a - 31st October (668 downloads)
    • Implemented lower voltage for cpu frequency 100/200/400/800MHz.

Note: Not user configurable

v1.1 - 30th October (1168 downloads)
    • Implemented Voodoo Display Sharpness & Color Gamma

v1.0 - 29th October (759 downloads)
    • Implemented Universal Lagfix, Overclock, Memory optimization, etc
    • Additional minior OC tweaks.
    Cool! But how about the OC? Does it works well too? :) I'm interested in this kernal, cuz of the OC function actually :D

OC works very well. No FC, no freezing what so ever. Can't fault it.
    Sorry, but be quit please.
    As far as I know, K10x kernels work with jpu and non-jpu rom. And they are jpm-sources based...
    With JPU rom,we can use
    - K10J (JPM-based + XXJPU modules)
    - K11-XXJPU (XXJPU stock kbased + some tweak, 2e bootloader, ecc..)

Now, my question was: and what about this kernel?
    The answer "because Samsung has not released sources, yet" I think it isn't correct at all (see above other kernel status). Or not?

you can't undervolt, overclock, optimise core of kernel through compiling, etc w/o the source.

if you like the other kernel that are compatible with JPU, then stick with it.
    I really like your kernel, the performance of the phone is awesome and it has so far been the best kernel I've ever used.
    There's only a slight problem I have (not sure about others)
    My GPS is somewhat useless with this kernel! No sat lock even after about 10mins!
    Takes about 4 or 5 mins to even find 3-4 sats! Use to have ~30sec locks indoors with Hardcore's kernel.
    Don't really know if it's me or others are having the same issue...

Thank you so much for this kernel! :)
    Keep up the good work.

that's not really just the kernel's fault, it's the combination of rom, modem and kernel. i use insanity rom, ya-ok kernel and zsjpe modem and i get lock perfectly with great accuracy down to 3m.

i tried 7 different modems to get the right one for my rom/kernel combo.