[SOLVED] bricked.... no download mode or anything

Search This thread

tacotoy

Dec 12, 2008
Denver
so was trying to load stock back onto my phone to send it back to sprint ( busted mic and speakerphone.... no matter the rom/kernel). had it connected to ODIN and everything looked like it was working. then it just spazzed out and failed. now the phone doesn't have download mode, 3 button dance or even any indication of charging plugged into usb. Any ideas??

Last edited:

xopher.hunter

Mar 21, 2011
Ventura
Try sticking a needle in the hole under the camera with the back off. Don't know for sure but its worth a shot I read it might be diferent on some phones. Its like a hardware reset button it might bring download mode back

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

ac16313

Mar 15, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
Try taking the battery and letting it sit for like 5 minutes , then connect to computer without battery being replaced try
Getting into download mode then

tacotoy

Dec 12, 2008
Denver
battery was out for over 2 hours... no dice that way.... but the button to the left and down of the camera worked like a charm!! now lets try this again... lol

Reactions: stir fry a lot

Shoulon

Apr 12, 2008
absurd... Rip your epic open and share the community with some pics of your infamous button. we are dying too see one on an epic =/

Pardon

May 9, 2011
What button are you talking about im dying to see it just in case it happens to me lol

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Jed Dignazio

May 15, 2008
Actually if you whisper into the magic hole ..."reset'' 3 times the voice recognition picks it up and un-bricks itself. Most people dont know about this trick, but works every time for me.

tacotoy

Dec 12, 2008
Denver
meh there has to be something.... i tried about 20 times taking the battery out for a while and then trying again.... and all other variations of things. 2 seconds after hitting that button thing.... or whatever it is, was able to put it into download mode. wish i would have read this before i shipped the old phone back... lol maybe when this one bites the big one ill bust it apart and take a look

SAShady

Jun 27, 2008
Let's start the button debate again. I find it ridiculously entertaining. ;)

It's very apparent there IS a button. When I hard bricked my first one I tore it apart. Theres a little thin piece of plastic behind the magic cornhole that protects the board when you try and shove pointy objects in it.

Reactions: Jed Dignazio

Jed Dignazio

May 15, 2008
It's very apparent there IS a button. When I hard bricked my first one I tore it apart. Theres a little thin piece of plastic behind the magic cornhole that protects the board when you try and shove pointy objects in it.

Your right, I just took mine apart and now I see the button!!

Attachments

• 2011-04-21.jpg
    2011-04-21.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:

chris41g

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2009
Nothing there on th 4 or 5 I've broken down, not even a place on the board for one... but I never had a sasquatch epic...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Reactions: flastnoles11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try sticking a needle in the hole under the camera with the back off. Don't know for sure but its worth a shot I read it might be diferent on some phones. Its like a hardware reset button it might bring download mode back

Actually, I'm pretty certain that this is the real explanation of the magic reset button. :D
    battery was out for over 2 hours... no dice that way.... but the button to the left and down of the camera worked like a charm!! now lets try this again... lol

Voodoo magic.
    Let's start the button debate again. I find it ridiculously entertaining. ;)