[Android 2.2+] MissedIt! -Text-based notifications for missed calls/SMS/e-mails/apps

Do you own a Peeble smartwatch?

• Yes, I already own it!

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • No, but I'm planning to buy one.

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • No, and I'm not interested.

Votes: 62 68.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

gdome

Aug 2, 2010
Hi,

I am looking for an application that will "remind me" of missed notifications. I used other free apps in the past, but they only work with SMS, missed calls, Gmail, etc. I need something that works with any notifications! (Hotmail, K9, Voxer, etc). Someone directed me towards MissedIt and I'll happily pay one buck for it if it does what I want: I don't care about the widget or lockscreen, I simply want something that will repeat the notification, something that will make my phone vibrate every 2 minutes.

That's pretty much it: does it repeat the notifications? My phone is always on vibrate and sometimes I don't feel it. I don't want to check my phone every once and a while thinking I might have missed an email or a Voxer message.

Thanks! :)
Light Flow is what you are looking for

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Bug fixed. Also, next release will use the Holo.Light theme on ICS devices :cool:. Just a preview:
Just bought the app after reading your plans for ICS. Love it!

When is the next version out?

MNEman13

Sep 15, 2011
New York
It would be nice if you had a [tab] feature to align text on separate lines. Maybe this already exists. I've only been messing with this app for a day but I love it already

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA App

wipeer

Nov 12, 2007
Is possible to make new preset like SiMi Clock Widget?

market.android.com/details?id=com.th.android.widget.gTabsimiClock

SecretAgentMan

Aug 10, 2008
Missed Calls - Go to Dialer's Recent tab instead of Dialer tab

When I have a missed call and tap the the MissedIt widget, I am taken to the Dialer's Dialer tab. This is sort of OK, as it allows you to see the last missed call.

However, if you have more than one missed call, you have to switch to the Recent tab to see all of them. Is there any way to force MissedIt to open the Dialer's Recent tab instead of the dialer tab?

@igece - Feature Request. It would be great to let MissedIt let you go to the application whether or not there are notifications. I'm currently also using SMS Unread Count for missed calls. If you have no missed calls, you can still tap it and you are taken to the Dialer's Dialer tab, so I use it as a shortcut in WidgetLocker. If you have missed calls, you are taken to the Dialer's Recent tab, so you can see a whole screenfull of your missed calls. Very handy!

Thanks!

igece

Aug 5, 2010
Alcorcón (Madrid)
igecelabs.net
New version (3.0.1) available!

New: Now you can use a different configuration for each widget instance. YOU WILL NEED TO REMOVE YOUR ACTUAL Missed It! WIDGET AN CREATE IT AGAIN. ALSO, PRESETS CREATED WITH VERSION 2 ARE INCOMPATIBLE WITH VERSION 3.

New: Voicemail monitoring. Requires new permissions READ_PHONE_STATE (to get voicemail state) and CALL_PHONE (to directly call to voicemail).

New: Text rotation.

New: Warn user when adding an application and Missed It! is not enabled as Accessibility Service.

New: Warning displayed on notification bar if any application is being monitored and Missed It! gets disabled as Accessibility Service.

New: Shortcut to Accessibility settings from Missed It! preferences. This allows an easy access on ROMs that doesn't include it in the Settings menu.

Change: How Missed It! opens the call log when tapping on a missed call notification. Now it should be compatible with most devices.

Fixed: Texts with different sizes are now correctly aligned at the bottom.

Fixed: Color preferences not showing up on Android 4.0.

Fixed: On Android 4.0 there is no need to reboot the device to apply changes on the visible widget sizes list.

Deprecated: Backup options removed, superseded by presets.

Deprecated: Removed outdated translations. If you want, you can help updating them (see the Help section).

Lot of code improvements.

mwie

Jul 1, 2007
COOL!!

Thanks for the new version enabling instances!

Feature request from my side:
currently touching the widget does only open up the respective app if there is a notification shown.

Open app should be enabled even when zero is shown...

Then MissedIt! would be perfect!
Keep up the good work...

-mwie-

sent from XDA App on HTC Sensation

tboooe

Oct 9, 2011
the OC
Can't add Gmail

Hello, I am using the latest version and want to add Gmail as a monitored app to an existing widget. However, I keep getting the message that the app is already added. I can add other apps just not Gmail. My work around was to delete the current widget and then create a new one since Gmail is already monitored by default. Any ideas?

igece

Aug 5, 2010
Alcorcón (Madrid)
igecelabs.net
Have you version 3.0 or 3.0.1?

Hello, I am using the latest version and want to add Gmail as a monitored app to an existing widget. However, I keep getting the message that the app is already added. I can add other apps just not Gmail. My work around was to delete the current widget and then create a new one since Gmail is already monitored by default. Any ideas?

igece

Aug 5, 2010
Alcorcón (Madrid)
igecelabs.net
Do you have version 3.0 or 3.0.1?

ingro

Sep 7, 2011
I've found a bug with Gmail notifications in the last version: it always says "one" as unread mail count even if there are more. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.

MNEman13

Sep 15, 2011
New York
First off, great App. love it and have been using it for a while. To me it beats the Cr*p out of minimalistic text

After updating to 3.0.1 I'm now having problems with the presets that I'm making. Can't figure out how to apply them, or edit them. When I'm in the presets tab, a long press on each preset only brings up the option to delete. How do I apply presets? I don't want to have to keep redoing my widgets for each screen. Thanks.

I'm on a Bionic running Liberty3 and I use Launcher Pro Plus

EDIT: Thanks for a quick answer!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MissedIt!
    Text-based notification widget for missed calls/SMS/e-mails/apps

Link to the app on Google Play

Get information about the number of missed calls, unread SMS, unread e-mail messages and notifications from virtually any application a glance with this simple yet very customizable widget. You can use it with any lockscreen replacement app to access all this information without need to unlock your phone.

Missed It! must be enabled as an Accessibility Service to be able to receive application notifications ('Settings » Accessibility » Accessibility services'). If enabled and application notifications not detected, try disabling and then re-enabling.

Requirements
    • Android version 2.2 and up.

Features

• Reports number of missed calls, unread SMS and pending voicemails.
    • If you use Gmail or K-9 Mail, you can obtain the number of unread messages of each account individually. In the case of Gmail, you can also select which label to monitor.
    • Also reports notifications from any application that uses the notification bar to report events (including WhatsApp, Tweetdeck, e-mail clients, etc).
    • Customization of font and background color and transparency. Also font faces (can use fonts stored in external SD card) and styles (bold, italic, underline).
    • Customization of the layout (alignments, margins, etc).
    • Text messages can be customized to show whatever phrase you want.
    • Represent numbers as text.
    • Resizable widget on ICS. With previous Android versions, there are multiple widget sizes available (user can select which sizes appears in widget list).

-- PERMISSIONS USED --

READ_PHONE_STATE, to get the voicemail state.
    CALL_PHONE, to directly call to voicemail if there is any pending message.
    Hi all,

Missed It! has no received any update in weeks, but that not means I'm not working on it. I plan to release a new update (v3) before Christmas, featuring some important changes:

• Totally redesigned interface.
    • Support for multiple widgets, each of them with its custom configuration settings.
    • Better support to configure Accessibility Settings and detect configuration problems.

Also, the format for the output string will change. Until now, each monitored item used two different parameters/placeholders, one for the number of notifications and another for the description string ([param] and [param_str]). From now, there will be only one placeholder [param] for each monitored item. In the singular and plural forms editboxes, you will be able to enter different variables that will be replaced with their corresponding values.

As an example, for monitoring missed calls now you will use one placeholder [calls] and in it's configuration, the singular will look something similar to 'You have %c missed call' and the plural to 'You have %c missed calls'. When any of these string is displayed, the %c variable will be replaced with the current number of missed calls.

I think this change will add more flexibility when configuring each monitored element, an also the readability of the custom output string (removing too much [...] [...] items from it), but I need your opinions about this.

And at last (but not least), I've started to use the collaborative tool Crowdin.net to help with translations. If you are interested, you can join at http://crowdin.net/project/missed-it and help in the translation of the application to your language.
    Please, how do I fix this? I already set parameters, I thought, I just can't figure out how to make it work (it worked before the update).

Open the program settings
    Select - Output format
    Select - Accounts
    If you see nothing, hit the hard menu key and add your account(s)
    Select the account and click on parameter
    Remember this value or change it to something unique (example: Account1)

Go back once

Select - Customize

Now use the accounts value instead of mails

EXAMPLE:
    [Account1] [Account1_str] instead of [mails][mails_str]

EXAMPLE FOR 2 ACCOUNTS
    [Account1] [Account1_str] [nl] [Account2] [Account2_str]
    I have found those 2 photo's on missedIt! market page,and i have a question:

how can i set those two widget with weather and toggle???

i can't find those things..any idea?

24o26ba.jpg

2pyuavd.jpg

Hey dude. The first one is my screenshot. I use Beautiful Widgets 1x1 weather, then I have added Simi Folder with custom icon. The toggles are Extended Controls widget. Just put enough columns on Widgetlocker and those widgets side by side.
    Ok, I've uploaded the app again and now all seems to be ok.

Was a problem with the generated .apk. Sorry for the inconveniences.