Replacing front panel with warranty?

Search This thread

Sensamic

Jul 27, 2010
Hey everyone.

One question about warranty.

If I send my Nexus 7 to repair because of the touchscreen problem, do they replace the outside front panel completely for a new one or just the touchscreen inside?

I ask because I've got a little scratch on the screen and it would be great if they changed the front panel for a new one so I don't have it anymore.

Anyone who has sent their Nexus 7 to repair because of the touchscreen problem can confirm if they replace the front panel when taking care of this problem?

Thanks!

mdamaged

Oct 16, 2013
South of Heaven
Moto G5 Plus
Google Pixel 4a
Hey everyone.

One question about warranty.

If I send my Nexus 7 to repair because of the touchscreen problem, do they replace the outside front panel completely for a new one or just the touchscreen inside?

I ask because I've got a little scratch on the screen and it would be great if they changed the front panel for a new one so I don't have it anymore.

Anyone who has sent their Nexus 7 to repair because of the touchscreen problem can confirm if they replace the front panel when taking care of this problem?

Thanks!

I cannot tell you for sure, but usually in cases where it takes more time and effort to replace a sub-component of a part than to replace the entire part, they usually will replace the entire part. So if they have to do any extra work just to replace your part when it would be easier to just slap on a new front panel, you probably will get a whole new panel. Sorry that it's not a first-hand confirmation, but it is similar to other device repairs I've had experience with.

Last edited: