Brand New Nexus 5 Dead Pixel

Search This thread

setspeed

May 4, 2009
Nope, and if my phone had had dead pixels when I bought it then I would've immediately sent it back. It's one of those faults that you can't forget about or 'unsee' once you've noticed it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

okmijnlp

Oct 15, 2011
I had this on my N4. And I just checked and I have it on my N5 too. Ridiculous. I'd recommend you get it replaced mate.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

alextoo224

Mar 3, 2014
Unlucky, folk , how could that be ?Does it big ? by the way , who is the manufacture of Nexus 5.

Jooosty

Nov 26, 2011
Unlucky, folk , how could that be ?Does it big ? by the way , who is the manufacture of Nexus 5.

LG...says it in the back.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Also two Nexus devices back to back with dead pixels. Bad luck or ****ty phones ?

Both my N4 and N5 were and are flawless.

tien113

Jun 8, 2007
I don't have that kind of issue. You need to change it immediately.

kresk

Feb 1, 2011
Scranton
Hmm I guess my mom and I are unlucky because we both have like one or two dead annoying dead pixels

My first one had a dead pixel or two. Super small but still annoying nonetheless. I got myself a replacement and all is good now in Nexus 5 land. A number of people seemed to have had this problem.. On a side note the way the black dots looked like they may have been dust under the screen instead of a dead pixel. Either way, I'd swap it out for a new one.

Joh@n

Jan 18, 2007
Google Pixel 6
I am now using my fifth Nexus 5, three of the previous ones had a dead pixel. The other one had dust under the front layer of the screen...